• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Could someone write an article to be posted on AllIsBrawl? It could go on the homepage where the "today's top stories" section is.

These are the guidelines for it and how to submit it: http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=915

If you don't have an account then you can send it to me and I'll submit it. It seems weird that the second biggest Smash site wouldn't have more coverage about Project M.

Edit: As I said in the chat, most of people on AIB are competitive Brawl players. A lot of the people who play Project M are competitive (Melee) players, or (casual) Brawl players, so you'd need to remember your target audience and adjust your tone accordingly.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
just got done reading through comments about Project M on other forums.
I've never facepalmed so many times in my life.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I looked over the OP and saw no answer to these specific questions. In Project M, is Reverse Aerial Rush and Pivot Grabbing still possible? I noticed that a few vBrawl specific changes are still present, and I think those two in particular added to the depth of Smash.

On a character specific note, it would be really cool if Samus' Super Wavedash and Ganon's weak Uair spike made a return. Just saying.

jalued

Smash Lord
I looked over the OP and saw no answer to these specific questions. In Project M, is Reverse Aerial Rush and Pivot Grabbing still possible? I noticed that a few vBrawl specific changes are still present, and I think those two in particular added to the depth of Smash.

On a character specific note, it would be really cool if Samus' Super Wavedash and Ganon's weak Uair spike made a return. Just saying.
They are trying to make the game as close to melee as possible, and character specific things such as them are of vital importance to their goals. If i remember correctly ganon has all of the same hitboxes as melee except for his ftilt.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Could someone write an article to be posted on AllIsBrawl? It could go on the homepage where the "today's top stories" section is.

These are the guidelines for it and how to submit it: http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=915

If you don't have an account then you can send it to me and I'll submit it. It seems weird that the second biggest Smash site wouldn't have more coverage about Project M.

Edit: As I said in the chat, most of people on AIB are competitive Brawl players. A lot of the people who play Project M are competitive (Melee) players, or (casual) Brawl players, so you'd need to remember your target audience and adjust your tone accordingly.
Would it actually go on the front page? Lol don't really feel like writing a wall of text if it's just gonna be brushed off

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I believe there is a graphical effect for any armor, although the red is specific to Bowser and I guess Eruption.

D

Deleted member

i'm going to raid YOUR house.

if only to make sure that you actually exist.

last time was a hallucination.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I'm flattered by your gesture, but also curious about how you would be able to pinpoint my current living accommodations. Besides, breaking into my house is something that I'll only allow after the second date, and we haven't even built one team together, yet.

One a side note, I'm surprised at the lack of Puff love in the P:M scene. Even the 2-D horror boasts more popularity than our favorite marshmallow >.>

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
i'm going to raid YOUR house.

if only to make sure that you actually exist.

last time was a hallucination.
Mow you bring some serious drugs to the table.

Feel free to raid anytime, my Vikings will be waiting.

Bones0

Smash Legend

Pivot grabbing is not exclusive to vBrawl...

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I'm flattered by your gesture, but also curious about how you would be able to pinpoint my current living accommodations. Besides, breaking into my house is something that I'll only allow after the second date, and we haven't even built one team together, yet.

One a side note, I'm surprised at the lack of Puff love in the P:M scene. Even the 2-D horror boasts more popularity than our favorite marshmallow >.>
Puff needs to die. No one likes her except for trolls. >.>

strong bad is reluctant to connect with the rest of the PMBR afaik

edit: oh, right;
He's kind of short, so we don't always notice him there

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Well me and my friends were playing this for a while the other day. We all agree that you guys did a fantastic job on this demo.

Personally my favorite to play as would have to be Lucario he's really fun to play as. I do like the changes to Lucas however the DJC thing still throws me off from time to time considering I'm not really used to him having it.

I do have a question though that maybe someone can clear up for me. For Ike I was trying to do his easter egg the other day just for fun I understand it takes quite amount of practice to get it to work but is there a certain button you have to press for it to go off?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Not particularly. You just kinda have to be inside the opponent's hitbox and time it correctly. I think of it like a rest... that you have to charge up for 3 uninterrupted seconds and can be jumped away from.

iLink

Smash Champion
Well me and my friends were playing this for a while the other day. We all agree that you guys did a fantastic job on this demo.

Personally my favorite to play as would have to be Lucario he's really fun to play as. I do like the changes to Lucas however the DJC thing still throws me off from time to time considering I'm not really used to him having it.
He will DJC if you let go of the jump button before you attack. To keep his DJ from not canceling, hold the jump button while attacking.

I do have a question though that maybe someone can clear up for me. For Ike I was trying to do his easter egg the other day just for fun I understand it takes quite amount of practice to get it to work but is there a certain button you have to press for it to go off?
Press B just as your pass through the opponent

-tRiNiTy-

Smash Apprentice
What an amazing product, excellent job! I'll make sure that our peeps here get to play this asap ^^

I've got a short question about replacing textures and such: In general, are there any special PAC or PCS files that shouldn't be removed and are needed for P:M? Or is there really no risk involved in replacing a simple texture f.ex.?

iLink

Smash Champion
What an amazing product, excellent job! I'll make sure that our peeps here get to play this asap ^^

I've got a short question about replacing textures and such: In general, are there any special PAC or PCS files that shouldn't be removed and are needed for P:M? Or is there really no risk involved in replacing a simple texture f.ex.?
Afaik, just don't remove GaW's texture file as his is needed for Nair to work properly.

As for stages, each stage file has the camera edited and some have small tweaks so you can't just replace it with any texture.

You can check out p:m specific stuff here

Vigilante

Smash Lord
You may replace FitCharacter##.pacs (And .pcs) as much as you want. However, if verticies replace bones, it may screw up you character. Do not replace FitCharacter.pac files (without the numbers) and do not replace FitCharacterMotion.pac files either. You should be safe then.

The poster above pretty much answered the rest of your questions quite well.

-tRiNiTy-

Smash Apprentice
Hmm I see, looks like it won't be too bothersome then, nice. (too bad for stage textures though, now that I got my hands on some nice ones =/ )

Thanks for the quick reply guys! :p

Smugleaf

Smash Cadet
I've been having a problem on Battlefield, Dreamland, and Yoshi's Story (Melee). Whenever I play on there about a minute and a half into the fight the music starts to glitch out and I just get a bunch of glitchy sounds. I know it's not my brtsm's because I replaced those multiple times to see if it was the cause. Any idea what's wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom