• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
So initially I thought a lot of Lucas' attacks made him jerky and move around too much and it turned me off from using him much. I tried picking him up and realized how well all his attacks just kind of flow together though. Going to try him out for a bit longer to give an opinion on him.

lil T

Smash Journeyman
S

The dair is one of the reasons why he's attractive. Remember: we are shooting for top tier, not good enough.
Idc about the Pk Fire thing it's just annoying to me But it good for him and it makes since tbh

But ness dont need to have a crazy fast spike to be "Top tier" :/

And i never said anything about him being better then Doc...matter of fact, he's not even in P:M...
Even if that was metaphor of some sort it wasn't clear/a good one at all...

Vash the Stampede

Smash Rookie
Don't give any serious thought of a tier list until after a few weeks from now, maybe months.

BTW great anime. Still haven't read the manga :x
Get to it man it's good.

It's not really integrating Melee mechanics into Brawl.
And the game's been out for less than a week, making a tier list now is pointless.
If it isn't integrating melee mechanics into brawl than what is it exactly? I'm pretty sure that's where all the technical stuff like wding and l-cancelling was highlighted in.

Any opinions on what the tier list might look like isn't telling you What is the tier List!! It was just a general opinionated question due to play style how the characters might balance out and which are looking really good to some people.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
But ness dont need to have a crazy fast spike to be "Top tier" :/

And i never said anything about him being better then Doc...matter of fact, he's not even in P:M....
What are you talking about? First of all that dair is a meteor smash, not a spike. Second, Ness is obviously in Demo 2.

Kati

Smash Lord
I've had multiple freezes after the match ends (before the results screen loads), few times when playing green greens and occasionally when playing stages I put in. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm booting up a fresh unedited version(no new songs, textures, or stages) as I type this.

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
...I noticed that the cpu's pick up on their new moves and AT's almost immediately, much faster than in vBrawl it seems. I was wondering if that was deliberately done by the P:M team or if i'm just losing my marbles...
Sorry to repost but does anyone know the answer to this?

metroid1117

Smash Master
I noticed in Unholy's match that Randall comes out whenever the seconds digit on the clock turns 6 and goes back into the stage when the seconds digit is 1. However, in Melee, Randall comes out whenever the seconds digit on the clock turns 4 and goes back into the stage when the seconds digit is 9. I know this is a very small difference, but does the PMBR plan on changing the starting point of Randall so that he matches Melee?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
If it isn't integrating melee mechanics into brawl than what is it exactly? I'm pretty sure that's where all the technical stuff like wding and l-cancelling was highlighted in.

Any opinions on what the tier list might look like isn't telling you What is the tier List!! It was just a general opinionated question due to play style how the characters might balance out and which are looking really good to some people.
They basically made a new game, inspired by Melee, using the brawl engine, it's not the same as inserting Melee mechanics into Brawl.

Opinions on what the tier will look like, this early, will most likely vary a lot from person to person and even from one day to another.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
They basically made a new game, inspired by Melee, using the brawl engine, it's not the same as inserting Melee mechanics into Brawl.

Opinions on what the tier will look like, this early, will most likely vary a lot from person to person and even from one day to another.
Nope, because mine would be right, see my sig....

Giygacoal

Smash Lord

I don't get it... some of the coding was taken from Melee iirc...
Even if it wasn't, it was rebuilt and inserted into Brawl via patch.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Hmm, IGN is great publicity, but how were their reactions? I can't watch the video right now. Was it any better than "this is nice if you like Melee, but it wasn't really necessary?"

Actually, no mater what they said, this might be the biggest site that's covered Project M so far.

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice
To everyone that has a part in making this masterpiece, thank you from the bottom of my heart =)
It's great to have fun playing smash again. I'm enjoying the hell out of this game, and can't wait until the finished product!
Anyone that lives near Brooklyn want to play some project m? Let me know in a pm.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I've had multiple freezes after the match ends (before the results screen loads), few times when playing green greens and occasionally when playing stages I put in. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm booting up a fresh unedited version(no new songs, textures, or stages) as I type this.
Green-Greens? uh.... have you unlocked all the stages per chance? lol cuz green-greens should've been replaced by dreamland 64 iirc... :D

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Hmm, IGN is great publicity, but how were their reactions? I can't watch the video right now. Was it any better than "this is nice if you like Melee, but it wasn't really necessary?"

Actually, no mater what they said, this might be the biggest site that's covered Project M so far.
They really love it.

In fact, here's what Rich from IGN had to say about Brawl.

(7:00:22 PM) RichIGN: Brawl felt...
(7:00:30 PM) RichIGN: unrefined

GPDP

Smash Ace

It's basically all positive. They did get a couple of things slightly wrong, but nothing major.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I don't get it... some of the coding was taken from Melee iirc...
Even if it wasn't, it was rebuilt and inserted into Brawl via patch.
Reworking entire characters from scratch and making major changes to others isn't inserting Melee mechanics into Brawl.

And since we've already established you can't hold a reasonable discussion without starting to insult people and avoid their questions, I'm already looking forward to future discussions with you.
: )

`dazrin

Smash Champion
http://www.mediafire.com/#gklxinf9cmhya

There, my current songlist, SD card ready. And over a gig btw so I hope you have a 2 gig SD card.
Thanks a bunchh! And yeah, SD card is 2gigs :p

But uh, why do I get a mediafire SIGNUP page when I click that link..? I actually ended up signing up and I am just getting my profile page or w.e now...

No actual download to be found.. :/

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
So like, when fox does a multi-hitting jab combo with the opponent against a wall.. could Bowser's side taunt work in a similar situation?

I'm in class and can't test it D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom