• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alopex

Smash Ace
There seems to be a great deal of ledge camping from the ROBs in the stream. The only reason the tactic wasn't that rewarding in those matches was because of Zelda's Din's, but it still seems far too viable in other potential match-ups, which I imagine would be an issue. Or is it just me?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's teams. People do that just to bide time, and Tant doesn't have a lot of experience with ROB to know his options from the ledge (in fact, this is pretty much his first time playing ROB in P:M). ROB doesn't get his boosts back from the ledge so it's actually not a very safe place for him to be.

Ledge camping is still a bit of an issue in general though.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
It doesn't cover that much distance, but the way you can redirect almost anywhere makes it unpredictable. You may even use a charge to cancel momentum and fake them out.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i found it impressive when he meteor cancelled a falcon spike and recovered from pretty much under fod's cup. didn't realize it could go that far : o

humble

Smash Ace
I was out of town for this past week, been running in the mountains, but it was awesome coming back to see all the videos from Genesis 2, great work JCaesar, Strongbad, and everyone else who made it happen. I figured I'd ask some questions/give some feedback.

JCaesar, you have a pretty sick Wario, but I think you go for Dair a bit much, you tend to jump over your opponents and slightly neglect Wario's (sick) ground game. I hardly ever saw you whip out D-smash, which is an amazing move now, and really helps his tech-chase game. If they don't tech a D-throw or D-smash, try a shoulder charge cancel to jab reset them, then the follow up of your choice. Anyway, overall, I loved watching you play Wario, great job repping him; so far, I plan to main him, he's just so much fun.

Aside from the great demonstration by HappehLemons, we haven't gotten to see Lucario in action yet. I'd love to see someone trying their hand at this new challenging character.

Snake seems to be a bit underwhelming in the face of the top tier characters at the moment- at least in my opinion. What do you guys think?

Squirtle was in the Genesis build, but I haven't been able to find any videos of him. Is he ok to talk about? What was the feedback like for him? Does he have a new down-b, or is it simply do nothing at the moment?

What was the feedback like for each character? What did people think of Charizard? Ike? ROB? Ness? ZSS? Etc.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
There's a current thread on NGAF commemorating Melee, which reminded me that still no one has posted the Bowser/Charizard/Lucario vids in their Project M thread yet. Wouldn't now be an appropriate time to bump it?

I'd help if I had an account.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
There's a current thread on NGAF commemorating Melee, which reminded me that still no one has posted the Bowser/Charizard/Lucario vids in their Project M thread yet. Wouldn't now be an appropriate time to bump it?

I'd help if I had an account.
I was going to bump that thread when the patch came out.

I guess I could post those vids.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
So, I've been watching Rockcrock's Sonic, and I have to say, I love the new u-smash. Looks like a really fast attack.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There was an experimental "new" upsmash that has since been reverted.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Thinking back on it, its possible that he performed a f-throw and I missed the grab.

For anyone interested in seeing rockcrock stuff, its on the same channel as the Lucario demo.
There was definitely a new Usmash in that video. It was a Fox style flip kick. I also saw a new Dsmash as well, a Mario style breakdance kick that hits on both sides.

So the Usmash is gone, what about the new Dsmash?

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
toon link was in the genesis build, right? could anyone tell me about him and if there are any vids up of him? thanks

Peach Kong

Smash Rookie
I'm also wondering about Squirtle, as he was included in the Genesis build. But there aren't any videos up featuring him.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
If I'm right, Sonic's experimental Up and Down Smashes are references to moves he had in Sonic Battle, the Sonic Updraft and Sonic Flare, respectively. The latter is still in current builds, but everything is subject to change, yadda yadda yadda.

Was there any particular reason why the Sonic Updraft was removed?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i'm surprised u guys haven't cooked up a new dash attack for charizard....

hes got the same lazily-designed dash attack D.K once had. I'd say something along the lines of a swoopin head motion (similar to Wolfs new DA) would suit him pretty well

humble

Smash Ace
I wanted to ask, are you guys still working on the animations for Lucario's u-smash and Zard's u-throw? They both still look very rough, though the moves themselves are cool. Lucario's U-smash is a bit too jerky in movement, and he falls too slow downwards. Zard's u-smash is also pretty jerky, the explosion at the end looks a bit odd, etc. Though from a gameplay standpoint I think Zard should be left standing immediately afterward, rather then popped into the air, because then he'd have access to his new down-b to chase them vertically, which seems like it'd be a great set-up normally except that you end in the air currently.

Also, I'm curious and wanted to ask, when Lucario has Super, can't he do a 10 hit combo? Jab>Jab>Ftilt>Usmash>Up-B>cancel and land>Jab>Jab>Ftilt>Usmash>Side-B

At least, I think it'd work, provided the up-b could work to keep the opponent near the ground and in stun long enough for you to pull off another Jab, but since from what I've seen it sends them in the direction Lucario is going, and if you aim it down then cancel right before hitting the ground, it seems like it'd work in theory. Anyone care to test?

:phone:

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Resemblance to Fox/Falco's Usmash. (Not to mention Kirby's, etc. but nobody seems to mind those. :glare:)
agreed. Keep the new D-Smash. Its one step closer to making sonic less annoying to fight lol. well from the looks of it at least.

On that topic of charizard judging by videos/game play I'd say he looks fine as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom