• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
ilysm ilysm Personally, I don't hate low-tier heroes or any other 'stubborn, starry-eyed underdog'-types like them, per se; I'm just angry at them for still trying to have faith in themselves and their mains due to ignorance/defiance of the fact that when idealism like that meets reality, it's almost never reality that backs down. To me, they come off as willful idiots who either don't understand or don't care how things really work. They ought to know better than that. ...That's what I tell myself, anyways.

That said, I don't fault their resolve...only their results.

Last edited:

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
Someone on the GTS wanted a Trubbish in exchange for a Rowlet so I gave him one nicknamed "Your waifu". I got a Rowlet and I made the guy either mildly amused or triggered.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
lol I stop getting notifcations for this thread oookkkkk. Also anyone here going to Genesis in January?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Genesis is a great series. I can still remember Genesis 1 like it was yesterday.

Bleck

Smash Master
So, I don't get a lot of the negativity directed towards low-tier mains. At best it seems like it's just kinda trying to hard to be edgy, and at worst it seems like a kind of self-superior condescension that's completely unwarranted given the skill level of a lot of the players that loudly profess to hate low-tier mains.

But I could be just not understanding it fully. So what's the deal? Why the dislike?
salt

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
woahhhh they're making a code geass sequel my dudes

i always knew the director was lyin when he said that dude drivin the cart wasn't lulu

Bleck

Smash Master
legendaries just plain shouldn't be legal

I'm on the fence about the ultra beasts but I'm leaning to no, even though buzzwole is one of the greatest pokemon of all time

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
UBs are much more broken than Legendaries have ever been
Eh, only Pheromosa and Kartana really. The rest of the beasts have either good but not great stats like Buzzwole, or have unoptimal and sometimes utterly ridiculously distributed base stats like Xurkitree and Guzzlord.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Eh, only Pheromosa and Kartana really. The rest of the beasts have either good but not great stats like Buzzwole, or have unoptimal and sometimes utterly ridiculously distributed base stats like Xurkitree and Guzzlord.
Guzzlord is the only bad one. Buzzswole's stats not being as good doesnt matter because it gets fell stinger which is +2 atk on kill (+3 with higher attack or +1 defense). Xurkitree's spatk is so high that it doesnt really care in the end. Celestella is madness, it can stall or sweep depending on what moves you give it.

Last edited:

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
Guzzlord is the only bad one. Buzzswole's stats not being as good doesnt matter because it gets fell stinger which is +2 atk on kill (+3 with higher attack or +1 defense). Xurkitree's spatk is so high that it doesnt really care in the end. Celestella is madness, it can stall or sweep depending on what moves you give it.
I'm not saying they're weak, they're just not all completely overpowering. Xurkitree doesn't usually survive the stronger sweepers' ground moves, Steela is a bit of a JoAT that replaces Skarmory's defense and (iirc)speed with better Special stats.

Also, Fell Stinger has been buffed to +3 Atk on KO, so after BB Buzzwole will have either +4 Atk or +3 Atk, +1 Def

xquqx

Smash Apprentice
None of the UBs really come close to the power level of most legendaries. Some (or maybe just Pheromosa) might be too strong for OU, but they're all pretty much unviable in Ubers. Comparing them to P Groudon's level of dominance in both VGC and Ubers or even to M Ray's strength in singles is pretty silly.

UmbralHero

Smash Rookie
Xurk and Guzz are pretty nonviable, but Phero is out of control, and Kartana is hard to deal with without a fire type. Xurkitree is seriously so disappointing though. The coverage is awful, and not a single stat is usable besides SpAtk.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
just started getting into the third arc (season?) of jojo, with the stands. seems interesting still. second jojo definitely kept us interested in the series, though. first jojo was just so meh ;x

Vashimus

Smash Master
The Tapus are more threatening than any of the JoJo stan- er, Ultra Beasts save maybe Pheromosa. They're so splashable too since a ton of other mons can benefit from the terrain they create. My favorite team right now has a Specs Lele + Mega Zam offensive core and it's crazy how easily it can punch holes and clean up teams with just a bit of Volt-Turn support.

Last edited:
Top Bottom