• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
this thread has been dead for awhile. it does like a page every couple days now. things will only go downhill from here.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Smashboards using https is a bummer because now I can't use the site to trigger login pages on free public Wifi

Lizalfos

Smash Master
TIL My ACT composite is an average of all the other scores, including the really stupid science section.

I guess my 35 in English isn't important because I can't parse information from tiny greyscale graphs and poorly worded paragraphs under time pressure in a test which probably measures anything but scientific proficiency.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
TIL My ACT composite is an average of all the other scores, including the really stupid science section.

I guess my 35 in English isn't important because I can't parse information from tiny greyscale graphs and poorly worded paragraphs under time pressure in a test which probably measures anything but scientific proficiency.
yea the ACT is pretty dumb in general. I got over 30's in every category but reading where I got a 12 because because I have dyslexia and the test that determines whether dyslexic people can get extra time for the reading section in my state is an untimed reading comprehension test.

ilysm

sleepy
ACT pisses me off in many areas and I could talk for a long time about it (it really does give strict advantages to some groups over others and the fact that it's so integral to the college process sucks), but science is particularly bad because a) all the graphs are terrible and the questions awfully worded and b) science penalizes you more per incorrect question than any other subject.

I'm so glad I'm done with the ACT

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
In my social circle the original backwards compatible Wii console is revered like a God. :chuckle:

Not only is it the perfect platform because we can play Project M on it but we also play tons of other fighting games on it too. Right now we're obsessed with the Virtual Console Samurai Shodown games. It's amazing how well the ones from the nineties like Samurai Shodown II and IV have held up. The Last Blade 2 is also in our lineup and that game is nothing short of a masterpiece. It's so good, in fact, that it's also available on the PlayStation Store now with that version even offering on-line play.

Smash Rookie
Manitoba's PM scene has been revived and we've got our first PM PR since 2014.
I don't know how I feel about third place maining Random though.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961

Took me a while to remember Manitoba isn't a state in the US lol
ou guys should carpool to an ontario tourney sometime

(Or Montreal, we've got something coming up next month, stay tuned)

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again

more like pls come to grand forks monthlies when we convince them to run pm (aka like once in a blue moon)

yeah also a top 3 person maining random is funny because stickman is like not a bad fox at all

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
idk what you mean, today was probably the most active both of my discords w/ ppl from here have been in like at least a month, maybe several months.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
I just want you guys to know that there's a very tiny (think like 20 people max) PM scene up here in northern Japan

We're planning on setting up a tournament today, if everything goes well it should be livestreamed with a commentator and whatnot. We're supposed to start at 7pm and have until 10, and we only have one setup so it might be a trainwreck but we're rolling with it

If no one cares I'll try turning on Auto L-cancels so that everyone can enjoy it a bit more

Life

Smash Hero
I just want you guys to know that there's a very tiny (think like 20 people max) PM scene up here in northern Japan
20 is not that small by PM standards. My local gets less than that some days.

Looking forward to the stream! Is it the same channel Fukuoka was on a few days ago?

Smash Rookie
Grand Forks would be cool to check out if I can muster up the interest for a 4+ hour car ride that requires a passport. You guys are free to come to as well, our scene is expanding and we have a monthly PM exclusive tournament with singles + doubles. I'm looking to go to QC in Saskatchewan next weekend and if I can take some names there then I might do some further traveling.

Hell, the next WSM in Winnipeg on the 22nd looks like it's going to have a PM side event that should be pretty fun if you want to come out to that. Only 2.5~ hours of driving.

I'd love to come out the some Quebec or Ontario tournaments too if I ever get the chance though.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Just checked distances, looking pretty RIP even meeting up halfway. The canadian struggle.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
20 is not that small by PM standards. My local gets less than that some days.

Looking forward to the stream! Is it the same channel Fukuoka was on a few days ago?
No, I still don't know details of the stream. Event details are fuzzy too, the school just got done with a 2 day festival and now everyone is cooling down and stuff. If the tournament actually happens I'll let you all know. Yesterday we just got the time organized and stuff.

Edit: Due to some technical difficulties we couldn't stream it, the internet in the campus lobby was too unstable

We had 13 entrants and recorded most of the matches. 5 people were seeded based on the results of the last tourney that apparently happened (I didn't know about it woops). Overall it was mostly a balanced tourney but due to how seeding was set up we had to match some people against others who were much better than they were. We also had to make losers bracket BO1 after the first round in order to end it quicker, as quiet hours for the lobby start at 10

I managed to get 3rd which I'm happy with. I need to stop choking so hard lol. A lot of the players here are really close to each other in skill level here which is pretty awesome

Based on the last time I played on the setup on campus I assumed Auto L cancel was already on but idk maybe it wasn't. Next time I'll make sure to actually check. Many of them didn't L cancel but had a good enough game sense to where it didn't really matter

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Came a hair's breadth away from beating Poilu, the french Lucario
Feels like I let something big slip between my fingers

CommanderRed

Smash Rookie
I wish my smash scene was bigger, we only have 4 students and 1 teacher. But many watch. I'm the 2nd best, while this one kid is ridiculous at Melee and Project M. I play Peach, Wolf, and Shiek. While he plays Roy and Ivysaur. It's not that we are bad, I'm going to upload some videos soon, he's just crazy about smash(Never have ever seen him playing anything other than smash. A true M2K).
Our teacher is a dirty marth main. We taught him wave dashing and techs, cool guy.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
One of my physics teachers in college played Falco in Melee. Pretty cool.

CommanderRed

Smash Rookie
The teacher is just below me in skill level. I can JV5 with Peach, but 3-4 stock with Fox. We often have tourneys during our Lunch and ICE blocks and sometimes after school. About 5 of us play seriously, then some people just play for fun, which I just love. He's our game design teacher(WHO OFTEN FORGETS TO GRADE OUR **** BECAUSE HE IS TOO BUSY PLAYING THE BATTLEFIELD 1 BETA THAT HE ALWAYS TALKS ABOUT!)

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gosh dang it. I can't think of it. What's it called when Marth kills off the top with a throw? It has a naaaaaaaaame tell it to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I wish my smash scene was bigger, we only have 4 students and 1 teacher. But many watch. I'm the 2nd best, while this one kid is ridiculous at Melee and Project M. I play Peach, Wolf, and Shiek. While he plays Roy and Ivysaur. It's not that we are bad, I'm going to upload some videos soon, he's just crazy about smash(Never have ever seen him playing anything other than smash. A true M2K).
Our teacher is a dirty marth main. We taught him wave dashing and techs, cool guy.
The teacher is just below me in skill level. I can JV5 with Peach, but 3-4 stock with Fox. We often have tourneys during our Lunch and ICE blocks and sometimes after school. About 5 of us play seriously, then some people just play for fun, which I just love. He's our game design teacher(WHO OFTEN FORGETS TO GRADE OUR **** BECAUSE HE IS TOO BUSY PLAYING THE BATTLEFIELD 1 BETA THAT HE ALWAYS TALKS ABOUT!)
that's sick, it's neat to enter an age where where teachers are just as involved in technology as their students.
But I wonder how long it will be before they're dealing with a generational and technology gap so large that they're no longer willing to keep up? I wonder if that tendency to fall so far behind disappear with our generation, or if we'll be the equivalent to the grumpy grandparents that you can find today if you go back 2-3 generations who complain about this newfangled thingamabob the kids are obsessed about nowadays

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
If you think hoverboards look stupid, you're probably going to be a bitter grandpa in the future
I started expanding on this but my postbecame an essay and I'm on mobile so I cba to

NinjaChopper

Smash Rookie
NNID
88Zack88
I play many other games than melee and project M. So dont talk about me being a m2k

NinjaChopper

Smash Rookie
NNID
88Zack88
CommanderRed and I are best friends and we play Melee and Project M a lot. We are going to train in smash 4 because our one friend thinks that he can beat me with high tier characters like Shiek and Zero suit Samus. He has only beat me once at this game. So it will be pretty interesting to see. I main Shulk Roy and Cloud in smash 4

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
*snip about the differences in tech-literacy between generations*
The students of today are going to have to become the teachers of tomorrow if those who are still to come are to have any hope of being properly mentored, and personally, I believe that we're obligated to make sure those who are younger than us don't turn out to be as utterly foolish as many Baby Boomers are.

CommanderRed

Smash Rookie
I really like my generation, as of RIGHT NOW. I'm terrified of how the world will be when we are the people in ruling positions.

Top Bottom