• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Life

Smash Hero
My local today is almost about to be cancelled because none of the people who bring TVs are showing up (R E C I T A L B O Y Z) and everyone else is too lazy to pick up the slack :/

Aside from venue fee discounts, what are some other ways to encourage people to bring setups?

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Life Life If the TO doesn't provide the bare minimum amount of setups necessary to hold an event, that's their fault, and it's on them to do something about it, not the other attendees.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Life Life If the TO doesn't provide the bare minimum amount of setups necessary to hold an event, that's their fault, and it's on them to do something about it, not the other attendees.
Mech this is ridiculous.
Plenty of TOs of small events/scenes rely on the community to provide setups as they don't have the funds/resources to be able to supply all of them.
It's only the TOs of big events/scenes that should be expected to, as they do have the funds/resources to do so.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
If they're poverty, that's different, and then there's no point blaming anyone involved.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Found $5 in a dryer
Today is a good day

Also Mango's Marth makes me want to pick up Marth again in Melee hooolyyyy

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
So my little brother was banned apparently for having a similar IP to mines on KCMM, leading to any work of mine and his to a halt...for them.
You see, we still plan to publish what we love without a bunch of ****s running it. So any of my works i publish from here on out will be going to Modulus.net or will be published with direct links. So yeah KCMM is cancer and so is BV

In light of that, my brother really want's to start working on his Link more seriously. He's growing up so fast

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Tfw everyone thinks sociology degree is useless, but you know the secret that makes you hella monies with it

Kek

D

Deleted member

It's like you don't want to give me anything to look forward to when I get out of college lol.

lol office job nerd vvv
What office job is it? My current major is probably going to give me an office job I won't enjoy much. Also it baffles me how many people are actually studying computer engineering now, that's if I can even get a job in the first place.
i work at an IT firm as an internal diagnostics business analyst. fwiw i studied economics and statistics in college and geospatial engineering in grad school. most of my friends went into comp sci and finished with a 4 year degree and are doing more than fine for themselves, even the really bad students.

D

Deleted member

texas played kinda disappointing but hey thats how it goes

arizona kids are homies. been playing them all weekend.

i dont always get along with boiko but he played super good too

lunchables proves that autism is a superpower

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
the little I was able to see of the PM finals was fun, and I'm mad at myself for not seeing the rest

meanwhile, I glance over to see other results and turnip RNG happened pretty hardcore in melee. how in the heck that managed to stay throughout all of PM is honestly beyond me

CORY

wut
BRoomer
The TLOC 1K makes me so happy az booooiz
bagels is, like, the most polite ****ing person i've ever encountered. every time my dumb ass was standing in his way when he needed to go report matches or update his bracket on challonge he was all "sir, excuse me. can i get by." or something similar.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
What
It's like you don't want to give me anything to look forward to when I get out of college lol.

lol office job nerd vvv
What office job is it? My current major is probably going to give me an office job I won't enjoy much. Also it baffles me how many people are actually studying computer engineering now, that's if I can even get a job in the first place.
What is wrong with Computer Engineering?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
in other news, i finally didn't buster out of pools entirely. played a rather new guy, 2-0'd him, not much there. took a pretty decent falcon to game 3 with my mk (finally getting the hang of stage control and not overextending, even if only slightly). got spanked by zeej and hard reid, but oracle went mario g2 and i took a few good stocks off him on my fod counterpick with ganon.

so, i only won one set, but i also had a good close set with someone close to my skill level and got some legit stocks off of good reads off of one of dfw's top ten.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Bruhs, I'mma need to get on building a new PC. I didn't wanna **** wit SFV but Alex is a little to tite. Also, this mod....

Shoutouts to the SFV modding community for putting out something besides nudes.

Boiko

:drshrug:
Blue was talking to himself midset about adapting to how I was punishing him. He's a very slow, methodical, player. Very smart, and talented. I was really okay with my loss to him. Bagelz I felt I played a bit more poorly than usual, and felt like I had a better shot of winning. I guess I just need to work on my consistency. Definitely both great players, obviously. Great event. I had a lot of fun.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
AZ sucks they can only play characters that start with the letter L. U know what else starts with L? LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lizalfos

Smash Master
When I get a project in CS: "Oh this will be easy, maybe I'll even go beyond the requirements."
After getting way too deep into unrelated stuff: "Ok, maybe I'll just fulfill the basic requirements first."
After coding another 3 hours straight I'm just ****ing burnt out, and I want to kick my roommate out the window for just being his awful self.

interpunct

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EliteInterpunct
3DS FC
3110-5751-3360
What

What is wrong with Computer Engineering?
So let me let you in on a little secret of where I live. Puerto Rico is great for vacationing and all that jazz but for living it's horrible. Chances are that after I'm done getting myself up to my eyeballs in debt for a college degree (with ******** teachers that make me have to rely on YouTube and rely on online videos to actually do good), I won't find a job worth my time here anyways because of the horrible economical conditions we live with in here. I know plenty of successful people but I know much more people in really bad economical situations even with doctorates here.

Sorry for the little rant but it's the reality I live in and I have to deal with it. I'll probably end up moving over to the US eventually to get out of here. I'm just focusing on making time for YouTube and do more stuff in my life cuz it's boring to sit inside my house all day and whenever I do go out it's to college to take class, but until then WOOOOOO EXAMS.

NO BULLY.

Last edited:
Top Bottom