• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bleck

Smash Master
Nintendo has not yet given me a single reason to care about the NX

also if New Zelda is anything like Twilight Princess, the game will actually be designed around the version for the older console and the shiny special version for the newer console will be identical to the old one but with a dumb gimmick that I hate

Last edited:

NWRL

Smash Ace
Hopefully this time around it's in reverse, Wii U has the gimmick nonsense, and the NX is the straightforward version

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I love Wreddit. Seriously, this is one of my favorite gifs I've run into.

This took me quite some time but I'm really proud of how this turned out. Rigging it took a long time. Probably going to use this as the player for the final project.

4/10 Doesn't look like Roman Reigns.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Some of you probably have already seen this, but it's really cool:
That was posted when I had to get ready to leave, so I said to myself "Looks interesting, I'll check out a couple minutes of it and then maybe watch it later"

I then watched the whole thing and was late to what I needed to go to
Thanks PMS

Was super good though would watch again

Lizalfos

Smash Master
It thought it was ok. I felt like some of it was off kilter. I need to go back and watch the earlier ones. (edit: oh wait those were just trailers p sure now ) Some good ideas, needs polish.
2.5/5

I might rewatch and back this up. But for now one part that killed the tone for me is when slippy is stuttering and then Falco and Peppy talk in unision.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I actually enjoyed that part. It kinda establishes Slippy as the neurotic toad that people already like to believe he is. I'm looking forward to see where this show goes.

On an unrelated topic, DaS3 is pretty good. It's a really good combination of all of the Souls games + Bloodborne and I can't wait to dive into PvP. One thing I'm wondering about is why Fromsoft decided to make poise do literally nothing. People have found that the stat is basically turned off at this point.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
It wasn't slippy's characterization, but rather the dialogue. Talking in unison hardly happens in real life, and while it characterizes slippy further by showing that everyone is familiar with his nervous habits, it is rather blunt. If just one character said the line it would have a similar impact without the inherent awkwardness.

There is also a difference between good characterization and just bashing the point of a scene over the audience's head.

eideeiit

Smash Ace
It wasn't slippy's characterization, but rather the dialogue. Talking in unison hardly happens in real life, and while it characterizes slippy further by showing that everyone is familiar with his nervous habits, it is rather blunt. If just one character said the line it would have a similar impact without the inherent awkwardness.

There is also a difference between good characterization and just bashing the point of a scene over the audience's head.
That part gave me a strong vibe of becoming a running gag/catch-phrase or something.

Tangentially, are there any other modern shows with this kind of 70s animation style and overall look? I really like it, but the only other one I really know of is Korgoth of Barbaria.

E: While searching found this this called King Star King.
I have no words.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Guys I'm going to my first local scene's bi weekly tourney.

How can I push Brawl onto the masses?
Do I cut a vicious promo on them before or after I Superman Punch the TO?
How wet should my hair be?

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I wouldn't trust this guy omgrey; he's got one of those dumb anime avatars.
Says the guy with a dumb anime avatar.

Today, at work, I am LITERALLY surrounded by ice cream, frozen yogurt, and now ****ING DELICIOUS DANISHES FROM A CZECH BAKERY THAT MAKES ****ING DELICIOUS DANISHES (the Czech stop, if you ever travel between North and Central texas you know of this place..)

I can't eat this **** right now! Not on my diet : ( and tomorrow's going to be cheat day, gonna go out and have dinner somewhere with the waifu, much better cheat day meal.

Must stay strong...

wiztick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xhudayoloswagx
Says the guy with a dumb anime avatar.

Today, at work, I am LITERALLY surrounded by ice cream, frozen yogurt, and now ****ING DELICIOUS DANISHES FROM A CZECH BAKERY THAT MAKES ****ING DELICIOUS DANISHES (the Czech stop, if you ever travel between North and Central texas you know of this place..)

I can't eat this **** right now! Not on my diet : ( and tomorrow's going to be cheat day, gonna go out and have dinner somewhere with the waifu, much better cheat day meal.

Must stay strong...
can't you like sneak some home and eat it on your cheat day? hell man idk what the **** a danish is, but it sounds delicious

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Got an e-mail telling us who we'll be staying with during our stay in Japan
They have a stag beetle

Good times inbound

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
According to this one otome game where your goal is to lose weight and date hot guys, a beauty parlor can make you drop 3kg in a day for the low price of $150.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
>TFW you want to **** on Brawl
>TFW you regularly play and enjoy Smash 4

HA! BRAWL?! DON'T YOU MEAN TRIPPING SIMULATOR 2008?
HA I'M A RIOT RIGHT GUYS!?!?!?!

I'M GOING TO TURN ON MY WII U AND PLAY SOME FOR GLORY

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
>TFW you want to **** on Brawl
>TFW you regularly play and enjoy Smash 4

HA! BRAWL?! DON'T YOU MEAN TRIPPING SIMULATOR 2008?
HA I'M A RIOT RIGHT GUYS!?!?!?!

I'M GOING TO TURN ON MY WII U AND PLAY SOME FOR GLORY
I do really think that Sm4sh was almost universally an improvement on Brawl, though.

I still don't enjoy it though. :/ I'm gonna keep playing it on occasion and hopefully I'll learn a way to have fun with it.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I do really think that Sm4sh was almost universally an improvement on Brawl, though.

I still don't enjoy it though. :/ I'm gonna keep playing it on occasion and hopefully I'll learn a way to have fun with it.
I've heard mixed things such as it being an upgrade or a downgrade from Brawl. I can't really say for myself since I never delved hard into Brawl and when I got back into Smash around 2013, I jumped straight into PM, then Smash 4 the year after (partly because I legitimately enjoy the game, partly because PM basically died at Rochester, or at least my college).

Bleck

Smash Master
smash 4 is a huge upgrade from brawl

like come on guys even I hate brawl and I'm the most casual smasher there is

Top Bottom