• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
A RA (self righteous college student) was giving a kid a study violation because even though he was studying someone else was playing xbox during required study time in that room. He fully acknowledged that he knew the kid was studying, but said that he had no control and had to give everyone in the room an infraction. As if he isn't a human being that can be reasoned with. I told the kid to talk to his boss (Resident Life Coordinator: a full time paid job where you sit on the computer and browse Reddit all day and then complain that you get no sleep) because I just had the itch to say something stupid. I got a level 1 or somthing. Literally meaningless. I'm going to appeal it for fun. I have to live out here in the middle of bum-hump and your job is to make sure I don't do anything stupid to kill myself and that it is tolerable to live here.

Teen angst strikes again.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Only casuls think being educated will necessarily lead to them being able to pay their bills.

Bleck

Smash Master
the best way to be ensure that you can pay your bills is to be a white person

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
KayB KayB You got a 75% on a test and your grade only dropped 3%?

Yikes. Maybe I'm missing some info, but it seems like the grade scale here in America really is a nightmare.
I go to school in the US. And it's not like I got a 75% on a final. It works both ways. You don't drop a ton, but you also don't gain a ton either. 3% is still the difference between a B+ and an A-. And trust me, the grade scale in the US is not a nightmare relatively speaking.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
the best way to be ensure that you can pay your bills is to be a white person
Ah ****, that explains why I'm behind. I've got a Nigerian grandfather some 20-generations back that's ****ing with my finances from beyond the grave. (Yes, I fully accept the fact that Nigerian Prince jokes are inevitable.)

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
post-secondary is good if you're actually working towards a degree w/ a guaranteed high-paying job that you're 100% motivated for. problem w/ that is, nobody treats it like that, they treat it like something you have to do or you'll never succeed, when a lot of career paths change very little for the amount of debt you're going to pile up

I mean, those useful degrees are mostly all STEM, a fairly common path for the kind of ppl posting on forums for videogame mods, so if that's the path you're going down then good **** I suppose

e: wait, piss, I forgot to do my "good morning thread" thing. off you go then

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I am educated(went to college and all that) but have literally never been employed, so I was speaking from experience. There were no jokes there, but discussing unfortunate circumstances like that makes me feel bad, so back to ****posting it is.

...On that note, it's very pleasant outside today. mfw

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So I just turned 25 today...I didn't think I would care that much, but I suddenly find myself wishing I was still 24 for some reason. -.o'

Oh well, at least I'm seeing Deadpool tonight. I'd rather go see Zootopia first since the hubbub about it has me interested, but I guess that can wait. ¦D

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Does this mean if we ban Mech, all memes will subsequently disappear?
No, Mech is only one of thousands of other meme machines. Killing him would make as much difference as cutting one blade of grass. To ensure the death of memes you must kill the source, the meme broodmother.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Relativity teacher is talking about relativistic energy and goes

"So now we're going to have a little experiment on explosions... Er, I mean example."

The whole class sighed in disappointment

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Don't nerd it up in PM or I'll come find you and do this

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Check it closer, I hit him with the Sparkly Nips of Nerd Crushing

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
is last night's clip now the definitive "Johnny Stock"? is it now "THE Johnny Stock"? only time will tell

also a ftp league fighting game would either be ass or be the best thing ever and I can't really tell whether I would actually want to play it or not

on one hand I hate league

on the other hand, league has some cool characters and I like seeing large balanced rosters of interesting chars

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
>league has some cool characters

>large balanced roster

>large balanced roster of interesting chars

League ruined the cool chars, that fighting game better be real balanced

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Riot buys Rising Thunder devs.

This is scary but interesting. Mostly interesting tho.

http://www.radiant-entertainment.com
I mean the game was designed from the getgo to mimic all the stuff LoL does, right down to all questions about monetization being "what LoL does". they need to seriously rework how specials work in that game (while at first it's a neat concept, it's far too simplistic since you only really choose one special per slot and thus there's no way to mix them up like you can with l/m/h commands)

also re: balance, its headed by the cannon brothers and heavily influenced by seth god damn killian, so unless riot just fires everyone involved they'll be fine

also, good afternoon thread. I've been playing SNOW on steam all day, it's a skiing game that's F2P (and unless you care about cosmetics, you can freeroam as much as you want without paying) and it's so incredibly calming to play through

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
while I trust that the cannon brothers and seth know what they're doing with balance (especially since rising thunder was used as an example of "good balance design" by david sirlin)

but

david sirlin/the cannon brother's design philosophy in recent years has shifted to "simpler" is better and while I agree to a certain point (such as how melty/skullgirls inputs are the best format of simple motions plus different button combinations) trying to distill fighting games to "mindgames" gets rid of a lot of the physical pleasure and adrenaline of playing fighting games and actually successfully learning and executing combos

and rising thunder is far too close to the area of balance through homogenization and skill floors made low at the expense of lower skill ceilings (for me at least even tho I've never played it just watched it oops)

I just want mike z to make everything tbh

Top Bottom