• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
WHEN THE DESKTOP HAS A STROKE MID-ESSAY
AND YOUR BOY FRONTS YOU A LAPTOP
SO YOU RESURRECT YOUR LA GRADE FROM A D TO AN A
Haunted_Vampire_in_Coffin_Clipart.png

Bless up, Social Thread.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I'm playing SFV, and it's really fun, but the more I play it the more I just want to play Smash instead. I dunno, I think I just want something a bit faster and more technical. Though I don't have the same issues with Soul Calibur, which is overall a bit simpler and not that fast anyway? Fighting games are weird. I really want to just push buttons and move around more, which feels like it's not really a thing in SFV, but I'm also terrible.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I'm playing SFV, and it's really fun, but the more I play it the more I just want to play Smash instead. I dunno, I think I just want something a bit faster and more technical. Though I don't have the same issues with Soul Calibur, which is overall a bit simpler and not that fast anyway? Fighting games are weird. I really want to just push buttons and move around more, which feels like it's not really a thing in SFV, but I'm also terrible.
Sounds like SF4 would be better if you want to do those things haha

Helsong

Smash Ace
Maybe? But everyone's playing V right now, so I don't know if I could find people to play IV with right now. With V, my roommates are playing, so I just leech off of them.

It's a shame fighting games haven't taken off on PC until recently. There's some games(like KoFXIII) that I'd love to play. Crossplay really needs to become more the norm, it'd help multiplayer games keep going in a big way.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Is anyone able to get a match without rollback in sf5? I had matches with no rollback a few days ago and now I'm only getting matches with major rollback. My connection is perfectly fine and stable :/

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Maybe? But everyone's playing V right now, so I don't know if I could find people to play IV with right now. With V, my roommates are playing, so I just leech off of them.

It's a shame fighting games haven't taken off on PC until recently. There's some games(like KoFXIII) that I'd love to play. Crossplay really needs to become more the norm, it'd help multiplayer games keep going in a big way.
If it is people online you are looking to play, there are still people online in SF4, albeit much fewer due to SF5.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Online and offline both, ideally, but my main option is online as it is. I've only played a bit of SFIV, but I think I still had similar issues with it as SFV? Maybe Street Fighter just isn't my jam right now. The last one I played was 3rd Strike and Alpha 3 before that. 3rd Strike I kinda liked, and Alpha 3 I loved(but I was scrubby).

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
9b gets luma gone, and then proceeds to just do nothing until luma respawns again

idk what he's trying to do here, he's been given chances to play more offensively and then makes no use of it

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
For as much of a train wreck people said SF2 would be, it honestly ran quite well from what I could tell.

@Strong Bad
Confirm or was there some shady **** we don't know about lol

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
T

3s?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
For as much of a train wreck people said SF2 would be, it honestly ran quite well from what I could tell.

@Strong Bad
Confirm or was there some shady **** we don't know about lol
There is the matter of payouts still, though. Here's hoping everyone that earned it gets their cut promptly.

but yeah, might have to rescind my original thoughts

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Got flareon ears (mostly) finished : D

I need to trim the bottom bits of the headband down a bit and cover it in orange fabric for now (the ears stick out too much to be put under the hat I bought, so they go on top for now until I can do some major modding on the hat...)

Now all that's left for the base cosplay is to find some orange thin scarves. If I can't find any I'll just have to go buy some cheap fabric and cut it up, I guess...

Enjoy my stupid face : D

Attachments

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
It's a shame fighting games haven't taken off on PC until recently. There's some games(like KoFXIII) that I'd love to play.
If you're not Mexican, you're gonna get bodied.
If you like to press buttons, you're gonna get bodied.
If your team doesn't have at least Clark, you're gonna get bodied.

I need to trim the bottom bits of the headband down a bit and cover it in orange fabric for now (the ears stick out too much to be put under the hat I bought, so they go on top for now until I can do some major modding on the hat...)

Now all that's left for the base cosplay is to find some orange thin scarves. If I can't find any I'll just have to go buy some cheap fabric and cut it up, I guess...

How about you make me a luchador mask so I can drop out of SDSU and follow my dreams of making it in the indies as "Juan Cecina".

D

Deleted member

off topic: i think the sickest thing on earth was your AOT cosplay, holy ****

Last edited by a moderator:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I have to teach my english class about a poem so I picked "The Road Not" Taken purely so I can allow people to discuss the poem and then bash them for their misconceptions.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
back in high school i had to teach my class about Kubla Khan. It took me about an hour and a half over two days.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I had to lead the bottom band once in high school for my teacher's aide class

I got 20 points taken off because I told the woodwinds to stop being stupid and play things right

Was totally worth

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Remember that sticky note I wrote "get Street fighter 5" on as a joke? Turns out the wall with sticky notes is from the suicide prevention group. I went to go take it down because I felt bad after finding this out but someone drew a heart on it lol

CORY

wut
BRoomer
How about you make me a luchador mask so I can drop out of SDSU and follow my dreams of making it in the indies as "Juan Cecina".
i don't know how to make a mask, really. i could probably figure it out, but putting that kind of effort forth for something i don't care about isn't worth.
off topic: i think the sickest thing on earth was your AOT cosplay, holy ****
thanks : D i still have to do some finishing up on it for this year. need to redo my blade boxes (they were way too huge and i literally gave them away after akon last year) and attach my handle holsters to the harness itself. then, if my new work glasses come in anytime soon, i need to take the old ones and turn them into goggles (so make the head strap for them somehow and then paint them brown).

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Had to schedule a counselor appointment for a new educational plan which originally was scheduled for Mar 21, unfortunately the person at the counter next to me happened to take that appointment spot due to arriving a little bit earlier. :(
Then I mentioned that I am a Veteran which lead to them asking me if I was okay with being scheduled for Mar 9. Oh the Perks brah.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
>tfw physics
Yeah
And even if I pass all my classes this bachelor' degree is useless without the masters
And I need a 3.3 GPA if I want to do the masters and my first semester GPA was 1.7
Gotta bring this **** up

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Yeah
And even if I pass all my classes this bachelor' degree is useless without the masters
And I need a 3.3 GPA if I want to do the masters and my first semester GPA was 1.7
Gotta bring this **** up
Sounds pretty rough, homie : (

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Took a math test the other day involving taylor polynomials and sequences/series. Got a 35% but it got curved to a 75%. We take those lool

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
You literally just described Street Fighter III: Third Strike. SOJ, Player -0, and I play it relatively often via Fightcade if you ever wanna try it out.

Last edited:

ilysm

sleepy
On a good schedule of a couple episodes whenever I need to de-stress, I've finished the first season of Steven Universe. Stronger Than You is a damn good song, Steven Universe is a damn good show, etc. This is actually low-key a very cool and healthy thing for young kids to watch, too. I'm a fan!

Player -0

Smash Hero
3s: I play Sean and Airfireball man a lot. Lots of obvious jumps and stuff. I'm always down to try to jank someone to death.

Edit - Oh, Makoto is pretty cool too. Her foot beats Sean Super 2 though which feels bad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom