• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
All I needed to know was the release date for MHX / G , so I'm kind of satisfied

Oh yeah, that Federation game looks fun as well.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Guys maybe federation force will be a fun game.
Looking at it from an outside perspective, it looks like it will be a fun game.

However, for fans of the series, a 6 year drought with no new mainline game is pretty disheartening to see. Then after all of that they get a game that, while related to the series, is not what players were even remotely looking for.

If they developed this game alongside a mainline prime series game, the reception towards the game would have been literally be the opposite of what it is now.

I've never played a metroid game though so I can jump into this game with no negative feelings. :^)
Too bad I don't have a new 3ds

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
Alright guys, if you found out that someone in your region made a venue specifically for running PM/Melee tourneys, AND someone offered to cook ribs/burgers/hot dogs for the people attending AND the price is the same as another weekly you go to on Sunday ($5) would you go to it, OR would you stay at the same place you've been at for almost a year because there's no venue fee here (since it's a ****ing college, you can't really charge venue fee for that ****, also tourney is $2 per game)

Mind you our current venue isn't that great, because random students show up, it's usually cold af, will be closed during holidays and spring/summer break and at any point security could decide to kick us out, since they already kicked us out of the dorm and at that point we're super ****ed.

Sigh I just wish the region I'm in wasn't dictated by an incredibly stubborn, assholish and arrogant person

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
So I got SUPERHOT and I've already played it much too much. I'm having a lot of fun with it. It has some issues, but so far it's been well worth it, and I can see myself putting in lots of time. It's like a puzzle game disguised as a shooter, with tons of mutations that push it more towards being a puzzle or more towards being a shooter, and two types of speedrun modes, and endless modes... Apparently there's also talk of an ARG, which I wouldn't be surprised by.

As someone who played the 2013 demo, the full version is definitely well worth it just to feel like a badass as you punch someone's katana out of their hands and then throw it through three people.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Alright guys, if you found out that someone in your region made a venue specifically for running PM/Melee tourneys, AND someone offered to cook ribs/burgers/hot dogs for the people attending AND the price is the same as another weekly you go to on Sunday ($5) would you go to it, OR would you stay at the same place you've been at for almost a year because there's no venue fee here (since it's a ****ing college, you can't really charge venue fee for that ****, also tourney is $2 per game)

Mind you our current venue isn't that great, because random students show up, it's usually cold af, will be closed during holidays and spring/summer break and at any point security could decide to kick us out, since they already kicked us out of the dorm and at that point we're super ****ed.

Sigh I just wish the region I'm in wasn't dictated by an incredibly stubborn, assholish and arrogant person
How far is this new venue from your old college venue? If it is not that far, especially if it was a 5-10 minute drive or walk from campus, then there should be no reason why people should not show up. I'm assuming you have advertised this new venue online and offline (around campus, in dorms, etc.) well enough that those who were interested and going to the old venue should be well aware of the new venue and the free food? I honestly do not know of any other way to help entice people to go. :( I wish you guys the best of luck with your new venue.

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
How far is this new venue from your old college venue? If it is not that far, especially if it was a 5-10 minute drive or walk from campus, then there should be no reason why people should not show up. I'm assuming you have advertised this new venue online and offline (around campus, in dorms, etc.) well enough that those who were interested and going to the old venue should be well aware of the new venue and the free food? I honestly do not know of any other way to help entice people to go. :( I wish you guys the best of luck with your new venue.
Venue distance.PNG
Yea we've been trying to advertise, but when we made a poll in the Facebook group to gauge interest in a possible switch, our community "leader" deleted the post. I know for a fact that a majority of our top players would go to the venue, since some of them have gripes with our leader and none of them really care about money, they just want to have a good time and get better and better at the game.

And to make matters worse, he's having a vote at the tourney where a lot of the people who are vocal about the move can't attend because either we have other personal obligations, or the college is just a bit too far for us.

Plus the vote is stupid since the college was supposed to be a temporary venue until we found a real legitimate place to play smash where we don't have to worry about getting kicked out, and now that someone actually went out of their way to build a venue that's practically in the middle for people who live in Broward and Miami-Dade county, and you don't want to make the move.

But anyways I think I've ranted long enough about this

TL;DR Someone made a new venue for us, community leader is too stubborn to change venues even though new venue would end up being better in every possible way except for price.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

ain't florida great

i'm bummed i still can't make it out to the spaghetti spot this week. maybe next week.

Boiko

:drshrug:
What's actually happening besides the whole RR thing
A quote from hectohertz:
my rant on why i think you should not attend ShotsFired2 and why you should avoid MVG like the plague:

• the venue is not fit for a national. multiple TOs who have run events there have said the venue is ****. the TOs who are currently considering running it say that they will have massively too few setups + space for the players they want. the TOs they are advertising as "hosting" the tournament are not fully onboard, they have HUGE CONCERNS at best. i'd message them directly if you want to hear their opinions, i'll try not to speak for anyone.
  • MVG is beyond sketchy. do a background check on them and you'll find out that their head uses the same business address as EMP, has the same "investors", has had many LLCs that then went bankrupt. their guy also has multiple open tax cases against him. they also sent a slide-deck full of lies to Twitch in the hope they'd be sponsored (see this pastebin someone made about MVG for more details http://pastebin.com/KdUzug0f ).
  • I don't know where this 15K in pot bonuses is coming from. I'm not sure I want to know, between it coming from the TO's "savings acct" or from MVG, it smells to me that the money is either illegal, or just not there at all.
  • TO incompetence: SF1 was going to be a huge failure, but I restructured it into bracket pools so that it didn't fail (the TO was also AWOL for the whole tournament, and had ****ign HBA Johhny running the actual event). the head TO had NEVER RUN A TOURNAMENT BEFORE (this is a common MVG pattern, find anyone willing to run a 'major' and throw money/promo at them, even if they have no idea what they're doing). they're desperately trying to recruit me/other nebs TOs/MDZ/RJ/anyone who's willing to run this tournament, but any TO worth their weight (and who's not desperate for $) smells the **** and stays away. so whoever ends up running this is either bad, or REALLY needs money (not something to be ashamed of, but its a big difference between someone running a tournament because they want to vs. they can't afford to say no)
  • of the players they have in the title of the event, almost none of them have registered for the event. this is not an uncommon pattern with MVG, they are(were?) selling t-shirts with Armada + Zero on them, despite neither of them being affiliated with MVG, and Zero having a "contemptuous" (understatement, but I'm not going to go into it) view of MVG. again, look at the slide-deck linked in the pastebin and see just how insane they are. they are telling Twitch (aka D1+Blur) that they ran the biggest smash tournament in Cali, and that M2Ks twitch gets a million views. as far as i can tell, an energy drink company did actually give them some money (someones bound to fall for a slide-deck), but I don't think they have anywhere near the funds they claim to have. from background checking, their "CEO" is a mid-level bank employee (with a bunch of tax cases against him). the money either isn't there, or is illegal.

Bazkip

Smash Master
What if Federation Force is Nintendo testing the waters with the franchise again and as a result of the extreme backlash they decide to never make another Metroid game again?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I hate the whole, "Buy a game you dont like in order to support a franchise you love, else the company will perceptive the franchise as not profitable ****."

Not saying anyone is doing that, but I'm just speaking in general now.

It just feels like a ****ty ultimatum and also makes me feel like company's are actually soulless machines that lack the ability to empathize through its important members.

Bleck

Smash Master
I mean, between that and taking a trip to Japan so I can stand outside of Nintendo headquarters and scream "PLEASE MAKE MORE METROID GAMES", I'll take buying the game

there's not really much else I can do

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I mean, between that and taking a trip to Japan so I can stand outside of Nintendo headquarters and scream "PLEASE MAKE MORE METROID GAMES", I'll take buying the game

You could take a trip to Japan and challenge the head of Nintendo to a strong style wrestling match at the Tokyo Dome with the bet that if you win you get the Metroid game you've been wanting.

Bazkip

Smash Master

You could take a trip to Japan and challenge the head of Nintendo to a strong style wrestling match at the Tokyo Dome with the bet that if you win you get the Metroid game you've been wanting.
I nominate shairn shairn to represent PMS on this issue as he's already going to Japan in the near future

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
It's been making the rounds, man. Thought you'd already heard about it.

Hope you don't ****ed over.

Smooth Criminal
i think he's been planning to go for a while.
i mean my flight's been booked for over a month
ah, yep, there's that : /

rip in pepperinos strong baderino. at least make some money while you're there! : D

and also:
http://www.wavedash.com/blog/2016/3/3/community-council-the-builders
little update from those wavedash folks.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
good afternoon, thread

a quick tip: if you ever want to know if someone pays attention to lyrics, show them passion pit, and if they say it's happy music, now you know they don't

A quote from hectohertz:
that point about players not even properly signed up is even more damning now that zero is guaranteed to not be there

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
In other completely random and unrelated news, Link is on Google Maps for some reason. Guess cause "you-know-what" just came out. lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom