• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
interpunct is kinda of cool but only kinda
If interpunct is only kinda cool, then what the hell are you?

Anyways, I think I finally fixed my PC! Gonna put the other stuff back in for further testing, but I may be able to play Xrd again!

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I usually don't do this on the boards, but geez, this day has been ****ty. Moving's a *****. Basically had to bribe someone from my job to help me move furniture last night (my now-former roommate was too 'busy' getting settled in at his new place), which was a royal pain because the closest dumpster is in the far corner of the complex. No thrift shop, no VA, literally no charity for miles around would take any of this stuff because, while clean, there was light damage done to all of it in some capacity (except my metal-and-glass shelf, which I did donate). I gave up on Craigslist (even literally putting FREE in big letters) after a couple of weeks because nobody took me up on it. I am grateful that the dude who helped me took all the pots, pans, and other kitchen utensils off of me donated them to local hospice care. I was kinda feeling unprincipled beforehand (kinda just wanna gtfo of here, y'know?), hitting up even Salvation Army to get stuff off my hands, because generally speaking I prefer donating to local shelters, churches, and stuff like that. This cleared my conscience a bit because literally 100% of the proceeds/donations go to the patients and their families. Small thing, but hey, I'd rather others get use out of the **** I don't need.

Then, today, I got flooded out of my room again because the apartment complex's maintenance crew is a buncha incompetents that can't fix ****. This interrupted any deep cleaning I could have done during the daytime, so now I'm going to be burning the midnight oil to get it done by the weekend. ****ing aggravates me that I have to be the one to scrub my former roomie's bathroom and the whole of the kitchen, because haphazardly sweeping up the floors and Lysol'ing them, outside of handling his rooms, is the extent of his responsibilities. Even though it would make more sense to co-op, but whatever.

...I really try not to be angry, and I try to not fling all of the **** I've done for him and his kid back in his face. I mentioned it before; I paid for the lion's share of alot of things around here, mainly rent and utilities, so he could get a leg up and have a stable environment to at least bring his daughter through temporarily. He has the means and stability now, and I'm sure he's grateful, but I'm beyond ****ing tired because of it.

But all in all, I don't regret helping out. Just glad I can move on with my life now.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

interpunct

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EliteInterpunct
3DS FC
3110-5751-3360
interpunct is kind of cool but only kinda
Kinda cool is a lot more cool than none at all. Which is where I was before, so progress!

You love me don't lie to me.

If interpunct is only kinda cool, then what the hell are you?

Anyways, I think I finally fixed my PC! Gonna put the other stuff back in for further testing, but I may be able to play Xrd again!
Ah to the rescue!

I was searching for CPU's right now to answer your question btw! Pls I'll add you on steam.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I'd imagine it's a similar feeling to what I feel when I hear kids who took Intro to Computer Science (with little to no prior experience) tell me they can code well enough to get a job.

Sure you can buddy, sure you can. I bet it's just the most adorable little program too, isn't it? Full of bad design, undebuggable processes, and entirely unmaintainable. Who's an inefficient, ineffective, unmarketable little code monkey? Yes you are! Yes you are!
This pleases me. On a spiritual level. This scratches my itch.

Player -0 Player -0 Get a haircut. Seriously.

Grey Belnades Grey Belnades You are a fraud. You promote looking strong, but one can be strong and it is different from looking strong. You could have warned me!

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Body hair is nasty and you should feel bad for condoning it.

Exercise is weird, one moment you're wondering how hard it is to do cardio for 30 minutes and the next moment you're wondering what's so hard about it and move on with your day. Anyways, lost two pounds. It's pretty slow, but hey, progress is progress.
You know you would quiver, and your knees would grow weak. at the sight of mine. Don't even front, you already did it IRL.

CaptainHaus

Smash Rookie
NNID
MedicHaus
please don't start that again
also body hair is super super nasty and EVERYBODY should shave
Become smooth and soft, achieve world peace. Body hair is holding us back as a species

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
good evening, thread

this is canada's prime minister. he is like a cartoon character of canada and it's amazing

please don't start that again
also body hair is super super nasty and EVERYBODY should shave
Become smooth and soft, achieve world peace. Body hair is holding us back as a species
if someone's gonna start back up this argument, it's a good thing that it's proper top player v other top players

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I have 7 multipart physics problems to do today along with attempting to do 2 weeks worth of work on my game in however much time remains after physics and when I go home at 3. I need to try to basically finish my game entirely because some stuff happened and this weekend will likely be extremely busy. :(

CaptainHaus

Smash Rookie
NNID
MedicHaus
if someone's gonna start back up this argument, it's a good thing that it's proper top player v other top players
Yes, but i'm preeetty sure that there are better places to do that than in the social thread, especially if it's going to devolve into insults and wishing for other people to die

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Ever spent over $200 dollars to fix something to realize it was just a loose screw?

Noticed my heatsink was wobbly and figured I may as well tighten it. PC stays on.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
You jabroni jobbers will have to shave off my chest hair over my dead body cause I'm keeping my body hair.

This pleases me. On a spiritual level. This scratches my itch.

Player -0 Player -0 Get a haircut. Seriously.

Grey Belnades Grey Belnades You promote looking strong, but one can be strong and it is different from looking strong.
Of course. You want to look really REALLY strong.

Last edited:

CaptainHaus

Smash Rookie
NNID
MedicHaus
You jabroni jobbers will have to shave off my chest hair over my dead body cause I'm keeping my body hair.
But if you wanna look strong then body hair just gets in the way
If you shave it then everyone will get to see the strong in HIGH DEFINITION, FULL DETAIL

also how does anybody play fighting games through netplay
i keep trying but any sort of lag throws me off really badly, and games just end up really sloppy and unenjoyable
what is the trick to overcoming netplay

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
pro wrestlers historically shave their body hair because when you don't you're dealing with grabbing onto sweaty hair constantly

I have like ten pounds' worth of body hair but when I shave it all off, it grows back to similar lengths within a week and the awful plumbing here gets clogged enough as-is

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
pro wrestlers historically shave their body hair because when you don't you're dealing with grabbing onto sweaty hair constantly

I have like ten pounds' worth of body hair but when I shave it all off, it grows back to similar lengths within a week and the awful plumbing here gets clogged enough as-is
Laser hair removal

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
that costs money

canada's core hospital healthcare is free, keep in mind, but cosmetic stuff is still as expensive as ever. actually that's a general misconception, jon oliver's recent news-skit-thing on canada mentioned a "massage covered by universal healthcare" like that stuff doesn't still cost like two hundo an hour minimum

CaptainHaus

Smash Rookie
NNID
MedicHaus
tfw your grandma offers to pay for laser removal and then never follows up
like laser removal sounds nice and all but i'll take shaving everyday over dropping down that much money any day

obviously waxing is the solution ;)

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
tfw your grandma offers to pay for laser removal and then never follows up
like laser removal sounds nice and all but i'll take shaving everyday over dropping down that much money any day

obviously waxing is the solution ;)
4-7 sessions never have to shave again. Seems worth to me

edit: although you may need more sessions for full body treatment

Last edited:

CaptainHaus

Smash Rookie
NNID
MedicHaus
each session costs something in the $200-300 range, with about a month between each session
whereas with shaving you just take a few minutes everyday and try not to hurt yourself

disclaimer: i just got back from shaving and it took me like, half an hour because i got lax about it
i blame my family for being a bunch of lumberjacks

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
lol what, that's so expensive. You guys better get in on those Groupon deals for laser hair removal.

It's a large-ish upfront cost but it looks so much cheaper long term. Waxing is expensive and razor heads are expensive. :[

Like it costs me £40~ to get my legs waxed, and that's each month... or I can get 6 sessions of laser hair removal for £300 and never have to worry about it again.

And shaving just sucks. Ingrown hairs suck. Prickly short hairs suck. How fast it grows back sucks.

Speaking of, I went to my laser hair removal consultation a few weeks ago, the lady who saw me said I had the perfect combination of hair/skin colour for good results and I was super happy about it... then I found out that I can't do it on my current medication (which I'm taking for another 5+ months), so rip me.

Last edited:

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Or you could be like me and not care about non-facial hair.

Then again, that's probably a big reason as to why I'm alone for a good while now, so do so at your own peril.

CaptainHaus

Smash Rookie
NNID
MedicHaus
lol what, that's so expensive. You guys better get in on those Groupon deals for laser hair removal.

It's a large-ish upfront cost but it looks so much cheaper long term. Waxing is expensive and razor heads are expensive. :[

Like it costs me £40~ to get my legs waxed, and that's each month... or I can get 6 sessions of laser hair removal for £300 and never have to worry about it again.
the problem is that with my money situation large upfront costs aren't really a thing i can do :(
on the plus side my body hair is extremely thin so blades wear out really slowly on me
they usually last something like, 2-3 weeks, so i end up spending about $4-5 a month
i would go for laser hair removal if i could though
Or you could be like me and not care about non-facial hair.

Then again, that's probably a big reason as to why I'm alone for a good while now, so do so at your own peril.
Yes. /s
nah, you do you, i just feel really gross if i let my hair get out of control
i need to feel SMOOTH

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yes, but i'm preeetty sure that there are better places to do that than in the social thread, especially if it's going to devolve into insults and wishing for other people to die
I mean it doesn't have to devolve into a juvenile conversation. It's otherwise an interesting topic to discuss and it's a shame that emotions get in the way of talking about it properly.

im late to this but do people actually think squirtle is a "BS" character wtf
I'd actually love to hear your thoughts on it, but it's probably a conversation better suited for the Tier list thread.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
kind of strange that they couldn't muster up a trailer or anything for games that are supposedly out at the end of the year

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
How the **** are you supposed to trade between Gen 1 and Gen 7 with the Pokébank? They have completely different stat systems and this is why they didn't allow trading between Gen 2 and Gen 3 in the first place, I'm wondering what Game Freak did to get around that.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Huh, well that Direct was...

...surprisingly pointless.

Hooray for learning nothing new, I guess? Even Gen 6 immediately gave us the starters and a first look at the game and region when it was revealed. What gives?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
How the **** are you supposed to trade between Gen 1 and Gen 7 with the Pokébank? They have completely different stat systems and this is why they didn't allow trading between Gen 2 and Gen 3 in the first place, I'm wondering what Game Freak did to get around that.
They probably just removed stats all together- battling is now just 100% RNG and is just a side mini-game to the real reason people play Pokemon: the puzzles.

Last edited:

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Yes, because tier lists at this stage of a game's lifespan is totally not rushed.

Getting a weird sense of deja vu. I wonder why...

EDIT: Real talk, if you can remember exactly how to finish Silph Co. to this day, you deserve an award.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
All I remember about silph co is you need a silph scope(?)
To do something I forget

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium

And shaving just sucks. Ingrown hairs suck. Prickly short hairs suck. How fast it grows back sucks.

Speaking of, I went to my laser hair removal consultation a few weeks ago, the lady who saw me said I had the perfect combination of hair/skin colour for good results and I was super happy about it... then I found out that I can't do it on my current medication (which I'm taking for another 5+ months), so rip me.
Razor heads are only expensive if you use cartridges, which are stupid expensive. If you use a DE razor then razor blades are cheap as **** and last just as long.

I personally enjoy shaving, but that's probably because I only need to shave my face, and I have a process that I enjoy.

Top Bottom