• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

CORY

wut
BRoomer
H-how dare you! Entirely too bold.

What, the pillow? He's a **** anyway, I found him in my roomate's bed yesterday.
you already moved on from hottie japanese dude with nice legs? you were just buying him chocolate and alcohol the other day : O

Helsong

Smash Ace
No legs, just half a torso, a shoulder, and an arm.

Oh, you meant him. I'll just go on a rant about how much I hate/love teaching and it'll be all good. He loves watching me get worked up over inane crap, perfect foundation for a long-lasting relationship.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
No legs, just half a torso, a shoulder, and an arm.

Oh, you meant him. I'll just go on a rant about how much I hate/love teaching and it'll be all good. He loves watching me get worked up over inane crap, perfect foundation for a long-lasting relationship.
you know, that's probably not too far off from the truth.

Helsong

Smash Ace
see my profile picture for my face when as a geo major

like yeah intro geo is easy no **** it's supposed to be that's why it's an introductory class
I'd imagine it's a similar feeling to what I feel when I hear kids who took Intro to Computer Science (with little to no prior experience) tell me they can code well enough to get a job.

Sure you can buddy, sure you can. I bet it's just the most adorable little program too, isn't it? Full of bad design, undebuggable processes, and entirely unmaintainable. Who's an inefficient, ineffective, unmarketable little code monkey? Yes you are! Yes you are!

Bleck

Smash Master
I'd imagine it's a similar feeling to what I feel when I hear kids who took Intro to Computer Science (with little to no prior experience) tell me they can code well enough to get a job.
this is how I feel except replace "took Intro to whatever" with "got a degree in North America"

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Sure you can buddy, sure you can. I bet it's just the most adorable little program too, isn't it? Full of bad design, undebuggable processes, and entirely unmaintainable. Who's an inefficient, ineffective, unmarketable little code monkey? Yes you are! Yes you are!
>MFW I'm an inefficient, ineffective, unmarketable little code monkey

Someday I'll be good enough, but for now I'll just stick to using hundreds of nested loops and if-then statements

interpunct

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EliteInterpunct
3DS FC
3110-5751-3360
Thanks a lot!

It's responses like these that ensure I'm gonna keep doing stuff like this.
Please do! Also would you do Jet Set Radio style music? Like let me show what I mean:

Actually just have the whole soundtrack, it's amazing.

Someday I'll be good enough, but for now I'll just stick to using hundreds of nested loops and if-then statements
Are you me?

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Are you me?
Maybe I am.

Been trying to fix my PC all day. Tested the PSU and it's working fine, GPU is fine, but my CPU fan just doesn't spin. Cleared the CMOS, still not spinning, and I can't get anything to display. Maybe it's actually time to get a new motherboard and CPU

Anyways, cool Bison ****

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Yo, that's pretty sick music. It's quite busy, though and a bit bass heavy I think? Would you be willing to possibly make music for my final project game? :D
Yeah, super busy. I'd usually take more time fine-tuning stuff but this was actually for a project I'm doing for a music technology class, so I had a deadline, and I wanted to put it out there. And i like bass.

But I dunno, only the bass solo sections had super loud bass to me, and the bass was more on the left channel to give other stuff more room. In some ways I'd rather have a thicker bassline than have it be lost in something that's supposed to be really intense.

And sure, dude, that sounds like it'd be fun!

Please do! Also would you do Jet Set Radio style music? Like let me show what I mean:

I do like that vibe. I'll be playing around with a lot of different stuff, but I'll probably end up doing something like this at some point or another. Thanks for the links!

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

Are you me?
How long are you going to keep this up

I dont want to have to block you, I like you too much

Helsong

Smash Ace
>MFW I'm an inefficient, ineffective, unmarketable little code monkey

If you need advice, hit me up on here and I'll be more than happy to eviscerate your code give you some tips.

Same goes for the rest of you, I'm pretty good at ******** you out pointing out amateur mistakes and areas of improvement.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I don't know if I should stick with Karin and keep getting bodied without putting up much of a fight, or go back to Ryu and at least do something to my opponents. I swear I went through ten games with Karin where I barely took a third of their HP, whereas with Ryu I can at least get a round.

Maybe I should just grind her out till I get used to her.

If you need advice, hit me up on here and I'll be more than happy to eviscerate your code give you some tips.

Same goes for the rest of you, I'm pretty good at ******** you out pointing out amateur mistakes and areas of improvement.
Thanks. Doubt I'll need it any time soon since my PC is a brick right now, but I'll keep it in mind.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I mean, the important thing to remember is that the way your code works should feel like it makes sense to someone else. It should fit with your thought processes in a way that you can easily explain to another individual. Nested loops, a bunch of if-then statements, etc are not necessarily bad(nested loops are necessary to deal with problems that are modeled in matrices, for example), but rather just tools that you can use. It's just important to recognize when a tool is unwieldy, or a block of code is better off broken down into smaller chunks.

Basically, if you look at your code and you don't know how it works, then you've got a lot of things to work on. Like, start from square one things to work on. If it's a problem with the language itself, maybe try a different one. Remember, a programming language is just another way of talking about your problem solution. If it's impossible to denote certain thoughts or model an idea in a language, it's going to be a limited one, and may not be appropriate for what you need to do. Programming has become high level enough that you usually don't need to make concessions for limited hardware, so we can make decisions based on what makes sense and properly future-proof our software. Ideally, this will lead to legacy software getting easier to maintain...but that of course assumes good coding practices in the first place.

But in the meantime as you're learning, make mistakes. Make them while there's someone around to correct you, make them while they don't affect or harm anyone. And get really good at the finer details. Tap into your inner obsessive nitpicky self. Go back, look at old programs, and improve them, find cases you didn't account for, etc. It'll teach you valuable skills, skills that get you a nice paycheck working on interesting problems and important projects. Because if your code ends up monitoring a nuclear reactor, only being able to understand and explain how 99.999% of your code works is frightening.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
So after like two months of looking at plane tickets my girlfriend and I finally settled on 1090$ each for a round trip to Japan but with like a 17h stop in shanghai where we switch airports but whatever. That was on the 23rd, and the company allows 24h to cancel the tickets without any fees.

Cut to today, and we spotted tickets at 915$ each with only a 4h stop in Chicago. Can't cancel without a minimum 250$ fee per passenger.

I never knew shopping for plane tickets would be this frustrating. The world sucks.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
In the unfortunate case that I do need a new motherboard, anyone know what the best Intel CPU for games and streaming is?

interpunct

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EliteInterpunct
3DS FC
3110-5751-3360
Heh, that's actually pretty cool.

The problem is that manually changing it just leads to issues with quoting and a bunch of ****

Yes, this is the "off-topic" thread, or the Social.
You're giving away our love shack shame on you.

just ignore this nerd
No bully. But I agree with you.

Soft Serve Soft Serve
I'm actually a like wh*re please love me.

D

Deleted member

interpunct is kind of cool but only kinda

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom