• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Would anyone here like to participate in a SFV online tourney probably next week? Sign up here please! http://goo.gl/forms/SI13uWovtg
monk and i would love to enter but we share an account (same room and only one comp that can run sf5) so it'd be me or him. :[ could maybe put us in bracket twice (diff names on challonge) anyway and just make one of us auto lose if we meet each other in bracket? lol

interpunct

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EliteInterpunct
3DS FC
3110-5751-3360
Ok so real talk about the squirtle thing, why not use Ivy? She's super effective after all water types. Like bro, giga drain that turtle and solar beam it it's ded in 3 turns.

Last edited:

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
monk and i would love to enter but we share an account (same room and only one comp that can run sf5) so it'd be me or him. :[ could maybe put us in bracket twice (diff names on challonge) anyway and just make one of us auto lose if we meet each other in bracket? lol
Well if you meet eachother in bracket can't you guys just play eachother offline?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
My Chinese Culture/Language professor told me that I was "intrim"? during the subject of calling women beautiful and men manly and strong.

I hope she said I looked very very strong. If not, I don't want to show up to class anymore.

Hello.
I'm Tap from MI, 9th in the state atm but win(s) over Tetra, Lain, Lordy, Ripple, Scythe, Sago, Kels, but most importantly Dirtboy, I believe a perfect record this season. Yoshi player.
I'm going to explain why Squirtle is very ****, and why WG camping might be his only good tool.
Neutral: People believe Squirtle moves fast, and you're right, he does, but it takes a long time for him to gain the momentum to move across the stage so quickly, his shell shift being his main option of moving around quickly. When he does his shell shift in neutral, you can expect 3 things, and really, only 3. 1: A RAR aerial. 2: Another shell shift turnaround, which puts us back into the beginning. He might do it again, he might RAR, or 3. Hydropivot. This is where Squirtle empty pivots out of his shell shift, and usually results in a grab or smash attack (mainly downsmash in my experience). All of these options are not great, hydropivot probably being the best because he can literally do anything out of it afaik. Option 1 is **** because, well, it takes forever for him to actually get there. In Yoshi's case, I can upsmash for free because it's frame 9 and covers a lot of area. I'm also free to dash dance around this aerial and either react to the aerial (because the Squirtle will usually put it out immediately) with shield if I can't get the grab into wavedash ftilt, up tilt, down tilt, or grab if I can get the DD grab. Option 2 is **** because he's not doing anything really. If I upsmash, it ends before he has the time to hit me, like how Wario can just DD or nair I assume. I don't want to speak TOO much about what other characters can do though because I don't play them, just trying to give some ideas. Option 3 is ok, but down smash has a lot of start up and grab is death if he misses because Squirtle is in a really really tough spot. In my opinion I think short hopping/DD covers all of these options. When Squirtle isn't doing that, he's probably WG camping. If he's WG camping, you most likely want to see how your hitboxes interact with it. Like Fox dair I assume goes throught most of WG? I don't quite know. I try to get behind Squirtle or punish his low land lag on it. Squirtle can have a good tool, and this is it. In terms of Squirtle's other moves when he eventually gets in, he's going to combo you up to rack up quick damage and maybe kill with the up b, or combo you out, off stage. Let's talk about up first. SDI the up airs away and fade to the ledge, or fall with an aerial if you have a good one. If you get hit with the up b, SDI the waterfall out as far as you can, you'll most likely fall out as it's very easy to SDI. If you get hit with only the last hit, you should've SDI'd the up air out, this is the punishment you take, sadly. If Squirtle pushes you off stage, really you just have to try and recover the same way you would against a Kirby. As a Yoshi player I don't have an issue getting back, what with DJ armor, so I don't have much advice to give there :(. If Squirtle needs to finish his kills, there are two things he's looking for. Crawl tilt, which has light armor, or dtilt, which is a nice multi hit. Crawl tilt is bad because crawling requires crouching, which takes a while, and crawling/ crouching is obvious. Just stay away if he's crawling. If Squirtle hits you with down tilt, try and SDI the 2nd hit or both hits as far out as you can, you'll avoid an aqua jet. If you're at high enough percent he might just go for the fair or up air, which both aren't very good at killing, since fair sends at Sakurai angle and up air is just weak. Then we have punish game on Squirtle. Squirtle is very light, so you wan't to try to always kill off the top. The best way to rack up damage is to abuse Squirtle's straight *** tech roll. It's the worst thing about the character. So let's say Squirtle is coming back from the edge or coming down or something, or you bait a side b. You can either spot dodge, and chase down his side b which has high end lag, or if you have a meteor or grab that leads to a meteor like Yoshi, use it. As Falcon, I would always dair his side b if I have the chance. If he techs it, easy tech chase. If he doesn't, that's another dair, or at high percent, knee. If you knock Squirtle off, I'm sorry, but that SHOULD be a kill. If Squirtle is high above the ledge than yes it's difficult, especially if he has a jump. Stay on stage until he dips low. But you should also be aware of his side b. If he uses it and doesn't try to sweet spot the ledge with it, you can punish it pretty easily unless he is very high up, considering his side b only has 2 angles and has very very little disjoint, if any. If he dips low, grab the ledge. If he uses his jump, drop ledge and jump on stage, then grab ledge again. Usually the result of all the timing will result in the 50 50 where he sweetspots or goes above the ledge. If he sweetspots and you're on the ledge, that's a stock. If he lands on stage, that's 30 frames of lag to punish. On stages with walls, don't be afraid of his wall cling. Just wait it out. His wall jump is very ****ty. This automatically puts you in the 50 50 situation. If he dips low WHILE using side b offstage, as Wario or Yoshi, I would nair it. Easy. Dead. Or as other characters you can bair him, like Wario or Rob or Snake or, yknow, anyone with a good bair.

I kinda lost myself so if I missed something let me know. I think I covered everything about him, maybe not in too much detail, but enough that every Squirtle shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Nerd.

...huh. certainly wasn't expecting that, jeez

Grey Belnades Grey Belnades things that aren't all that awful are happening at this RAW for once, I think
Apparently someone on r/SC is saying we might get an early Christmas present.

D

Deleted member

Clearly Donkey Kong has the best smile, look at how beautiful those teeth are

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
where are his teeth, what is this image
It's a ****ty model edit I made a few months ago as a joke for my discord group totally not worth the 10 minutes I spent on it.

Last edited:

interpunct

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EliteInterpunct
3DS FC
3110-5751-3360

Clearly Donkey Kong has the best smile, look at how beautiful those teeth are
My 10 year old cousin always laughs at the fact that DK has teeth in his winning screen in Smash 4.

It's a ****ty model edit I made a few months ago as a joke for my discord group totally not worth the 10 minutes I spent on it.
I laughed harder than I should have.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
This is actually incredible how do I put it on my setup
Unfortunately it is lost in the void of my dead hard drive, maybe someone downloaded it when I put it in my chat, otherwise it's gone into meme limbo. It's not like it would be difficult to remake however.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I like really tall girls. Taller than avg. I'm pretty tall tho so I think there is like one girl I find attractive that is close to my height/slightly taller and it bothers me when girls are really short. One day this girl wasn't wearing heels and I could have sworn she was tall, but all the sudden she was short like everyone else and she was suddenly significantly less attractive. She is also amazing with makeup because she always looks flawless with the exception of one day where she barely even slept because she had 2 big tests on the day we have all six of our classes (same as me lol) and she actually looked mortal. I am massively jealous because even with all the time I spend with skincare I always have a fair amount of blemishes. Makeup is just so great. I could even cover the small scar on my chin.

I also want to go outside so I can accessorize. I feel so bland dressing indoors. I want to wear my vest, jacket, scarf, sunglasses, whatever. I want to do cool fashion forward things, but if you are just in the air conditioning all day overdressing with this that are made for being out is a great way to instantly look like a jackass.

I'm afraid I'm going to cross the line between unique (in a good way) and crazy.

So yeah, <3 nixie.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Guys can wear and benefit from makeup too, it's just that most guys have no damn clue what to do with it, so it ends up being blatant that they're wearing makeup. Nah, you gotta use it subtly. Not many(guys or girls) can pull off a more ostentatious style, you need to just accentuate rather than cake on. It's still one of those things that'll likely make people think you're weird as a guy, which is pretty dumb. There's not really many resources you can look at for guy makeup tips either, not that I know of.

And some people are just cursed to have blemishes all the time where others get blessed with near-perfect skin. World's just not fair, man.

Tall people are great, but at the end of the day, it's the legs that really matter. You gotta have them fit thighs and calves, no matter the height. It's good stuff, ya know?

These programs I'm grading make me wish I had some stronger alcohol left. Bruh, I told y'all I'd be penalizing harshly if it doesn't even compile, but I can guarantee that these morons students will complain anyway once I hand it back. It's not that damn hard to do a basic binary search.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP fashion is kinda fun tho, but yeah at the end of the day just wear whatever fits you. 30% of pulling off an outfit is confidence anyway,

<insert further barely coherent burbles about fashion, butts, legs, makeup, and generally inane stuff here>

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
I like really tall girls. Taller than avg. I'm pretty tall tho so I think there is like one girl I find attractive that is close to my height/slightly taller and it bothers me when girls are really short. One day this girl wasn't wearing heels and I could have sworn she was tall, but all the sudden she was short like everyone else and she was suddenly significantly less attractive. She is also amazing with makeup because she always looks flawless with the exception of one day where she barely even slept because she had 2 big tests on the day we have all six of our classes (same as me lol) and she actually looked mortal. I am massively jealous because even with all the time I spend with skincare I always have a fair amount of blemishes. Makeup is just so great. I could even cover the small scar on my chin.

I also want to go outside so I can accessorize. I feel so bland dressing indoors. I want to wear my vest, jacket, scarf, sunglasses, whatever. I want to do cool fashion forward things, but if you are just in the air conditioning all day overdressing with this that are made for being out is a great way to instantly look like a *******.

I'm afraid I'm going to cross the line between unique (in a good way) and crazy.

So yeah, <3 nixie.
1. I think you have a crush.
2. DON'T HIDE THE SCAR. MAKE THE MAKEUP MAKE THE SCAR MAKE EVEN MORE INTIMIDATING.
3. I still don't understand how people are capable of using makeup like every day and spending like an hour on it. Maybe people at school are just weird.

Lizalfos Lizalfos I almost didn't recognize you with that red arm.
I'm disappointed no one got the Star Wars reference.

That or you guys got it but didn't think it was funny.

Either way I'm disappointed.

Before they only had the names of the tech but no one understands the names of Squirtle tech so now they're figuring it out.

inb4 they come tell me they already knew all the tech/MU stuff

Edit - Does ZSS not have nice legs? What constitutes as nice legs?

Last edited:

interpunct

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EliteInterpunct
3DS FC
3110-5751-3360
Edit - Does ZSS not have nice legs? What constitutes as nice legs?
She does, she also has the **** and ass to compliment said legs.
What I want to say is that nice legs go only so far. Idk if you've ever seen a girl with nice legs but not so nice **** or ass. It sucks.

Helsong

Smash Ace
ZSS also contorts in odd-looking ways for some of her animations, but the legs are pretty nice. They'd benefit more from a natural flow, I think. Still, I'm sure they're just dandy when they're wrapped around your face.

Also, forget ****, a nice ass is all you need to make for good legs. Hell, even a slightly less than decent ass still works if you've got the legs.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer

best teeth in the game .

also i love and hate streetwear at the same time. i occasionally browse /fa/ and r/streetwear and i've seen some pretty cool clothes/fits on those sites, but i absolutely despise the culture. 90% of the time all you're seeing is some spoiled rich teenager flaunting whatever recent trend he decided to copy, or ****ting on another kid for trying something different. it's okay to have an unoriginal fashion-sense and be critical of others fashion sense, but the amount of pretension these fuccbois spit disgusts me.

also the butt is the most attractive part of any person's body. everyone can appreciate a nice ass regardless of who it's attached to

Lizalfos

Smash Master
fashion sucks

streetwear is the only relevant thing
I go to a boarding school. Naturally things lean preppy or athletic.

Plus I'm white as hell. Play to my strengths here.
Maybe I can incorporate some of this.
Guys can wear and benefit from makeup too, it's just that most guys have no damn clue what to do with it, so it ends up being blatant that they're wearing makeup. Nah, you gotta use it subtly. Not many(guys or girls) can pull off a more ostentatious style, you need to just accentuate rather than cake on. It's still one of those things that'll likely make people think you're weird as a guy, which is pretty dumb. There's not really many resources you can look at for guy makeup tips either, not that I know of.

And some people are just cursed to have blemishes all the time where others get blessed with near-perfect skin. World's just not fair, man.

Tall people are great, but at the end of the day, it's the legs that really matter. You gotta have them fit thighs and calves, no matter the height. It's good stuff, ya know?

These programs I'm grading make me wish I had some stronger alcohol left. Bruh, I told y'all I'd be penalizing harshly if it doesn't even compile, but I can guarantee that these morons students will complain anyway once I hand it back. It's not that damn hard to do a basic binary search.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP fashion is kinda fun tho, but yeah at the end of the day just wear whatever fits you. 30% of pulling off an outfit is confidence anyway,

<insert further barely coherent burbles about fashion, butts, legs, makeup, and generally inane stuff here>
The one girl as tall as me has beautiful legs. She is the one with Player -0 Player -0 's mom's face. The other girl I think is really cute really rocks heels so it gives off the impression. I'd only wear makeup if I was in a low light setting lest I get ousted, but honestly you look better in low light anyway so what is the point?

But yaasss long legs. There was this really tall african american girl and she had beautiful long legs and even though here other features aren't what I'd normally go for I think that sold it for me. But she left :( She had a really joyful personality too. I wish I was a closer friend to her when she was here.
She does, she also has the **** and *** to compliment said legs.
What I want to say is that nice legs go only so far. Idk if you've ever seen a girl with nice legs but not so nice **** or ***. It sucks.
It isn't that hard to put on weight.
Lean horse for the long run.
also i love and hate streetwear at the same time. i occasionally browse /fa/ and r/streetwear and i've seen some pretty cool clothes/fits on those sites, but i absolutely despise the culture. 90% of the time all you're seeing is some spoiled rich teenager flaunting whatever recent trend he decided to copy, or ****ting on another kid for trying something different. it's okay to have an unoriginal fashion-sense and be critical of others fashion sense, but the amount of pretension these fuccbois spit disgusts me.

also the butt is the most attractive part of any person's body. everyone can appreciate a nice *** regardless of who it's attached to
Lol what I am slowly divulging into.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Looking overdressed is oftentimes a state of mind rather than being a problem in reality. Spotlight effect. Unless it's to the point where you look like a complete clown (you'll be able to tell as you get more accustomed to fashion), really there's not much to rip on or judge about someone who's dressed well. If someone is quite confident in what they're wearing, people will transition from judgment of that person to intrigue, or even questioning of themselves.

If I go to class wearing a nice dress shirt with a cardigan, dark jeans, and shoes in a room where most people are wearing hoodies, sweatpants, and sneakers, I'm technically overdressed. But I like looking good, and notice people treat me much better when I look good, so why not. My parents used to push us to always look good in public since you never know who will run into, and while yes, appearances aren't everything, it does make life a helluva lot easier.

Glad to see people in agreement that legs and butt are god tier though.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

best teeth in the game .

also the butt is the most attractive part of any person's body. everyone can appreciate a nice *** regardless of who it's attached to
from this angle, you look like Anthony Fantano

Top Bottom