• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

American buses*
Truly lame **** honestly

I ended up trying for the two hour bike in 34 degree weather, it was pretty bleh. I got 1/4 of the way there, fell off my bike because a car ran me off of the road, ended up crying and just went back home LMAO

eideeiit

Smash Ace
I'm 19 and I don't remember turning 16. What an uneventful life. I guess it suits me.
I'll be 20 this year and that means I'll be old. Yet I don't feel like I've grown up as a person in the least. In a while I'll die and be forgotten.
Scary stuff.

****, am I having a middle age crisis of some sort in my teens now? Can't wait for the real deal.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.

omg this is godlike.

tfw a video actually makes you hype to watch a match involving Luigi.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

hey I'm always hype to watch a match with luigi yall are just plebs who can't handle floaty matchups

also I don't recognize either of those girls does that make me gay
or does the futa make me gay
futa makes you in denial

not recognizing either of those girls is irrelevant

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I wrote a thing. I'm a pretty bad writer so feel free to edit it or whatevs. it'll go on reddit tomorrow

Okay fellow PM players, its a new year, and that means its time to set some new years resolutions. Its time to kick the bad gameplay habits that you have. I've got a list of a couple habits/problems that I think are important to address if you really want to improve and impress the competition.

Resolution #1 - I will not dash grab!
* unless your name is DDD, Ness, Samus, Ivy, Bowser, or one of the other very few exceptions. you should never be dash grabbing. you should always be JC grabbing to make the grab come out faster and have even less cooldown. I hate to make a call out, but a great player that I see dash grab every time is Ilovebagels from AZ. his luigi is one of the best ones out there because his tech is great and can ledge dash like nobody I've ever seen to punish things in center stage. However, he and everyone else who does this could EASILY become even better by just jumping before his grab.

Resolution #2 - I will learn at least 3 ledge mix ups to reacquire stage presence.

* Thanks to being able to act immediately out of ledge jump and the ability to B-reverse specials. your character should not be getting stuck on the ledge without a good chance of getting back on stage. Hell, your character might even be able to aerial interrupt into landing on the stage laglessly. I'll give an example; Marth, one of the most popular characters in the game can grab the ledge > drop and then side-b to regrab stall once. now, he can't do that again because the once per air time stall is used, but what he can do is ledge jump and then b-reverse a side-b. this halts all forward and upward momentum and reverses it. you will swipe people on stage and then fade back and down and snap the ledge.

Resolution #3 - I will work on implementing empty hop

* This really goes hand in hand with attacking shields just for the sake of attacking someone when its obvious they can block it. This habit is far too normal even for our top players. Even when they know they won't be punished for an attack on someones shield. to improve your game considerably, if you are dashing/jumping/falling at your opponent and they have their shield up and you haven't even begun to start your attack yet, PLEASE just land and grab, or jab, or waveland to bait the shield grab or whatever OOS. this improves your mix up game and your play will improve exponentially because you'll start to see new situations arise and so will your opponent.

Resolution #4 - I will take notes on my own gameplay as well as others'

* and by notes I mean physical copies with pen and paper. Studies have shown that taking notes on pen and paper improve retention and deeper understanding of concepts than those who take notes mentally or take notes electronically. Do yourslef a favor, go out and buy a notebook and start taking notes of things that go on at your locals. Take notes of your opponents ledge habits, their tech patterns, their DI to your throws, even their favorite approach option. Adapt to each of these and push for adaption on their part. does your local also record matches? Boom, now you can analyze yourself and see your own DI and tech patterns. Once you can see this improve your game move on to the bigger threats in the region. Really dig deep into why they choose certain options even if they are punished.

Boiko

:drshrug:
3/4 already set. Woop woop.

I usually get ~the same distance from running + JC grab as dash grab with Ness. Is there another reason?
His dash/pivot grabs have notably more range than his standing/JC grab. His pivot grab is actually pretty great.

Edit: Pivot grab range:

Standing grab range:

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Well, Christmas is over
Time to switch my avatar to something different again because damn it I have one short ass attention span.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
the "same skill" search on ultra set to any region doesn't work correctly at all. it keeps giving me 1500+ PP players when same region only gives me like 300-700pp. wtf

just fought some 1500+ PP honda w/ any region and holy **** he was an asshole. he did this during end of the first round

what an asshole

Top Bottom