• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Persona just (re)released a combo vid for... Castlevania Judgement.
This game was soooo bad lol
I had way more fun with Judgment than I should have. The combo system is actually pretty interesting at times, with how the sub weapons work and with stuff like trying to decide to pick up a dagger (for better harassment) vs something like water/cross (which combo really well)...makes for some interesting choices. There are some 'infinites' (with charged Holy Water and the hard-to-obtain stopwatch), but the nature of hearts makes them not actually infinites and not always worth blowing all your resources on (esp since a lot of characters need to burn hearts to make their stuff safe on block).

Golem was kind of a fun take on a grappler. I figured out some (pretty impractical) set ups like dash attack into their block - Stop Watch (pinning them in block) - Grab (which doesn't actually put them in the grab animation, since they're frozen) -(wait for time to unfreeze, and for them to go into the lurch back animation) - B - Shock punch - watch - B - Shock punch - watch - etc, and then end stop watch loop with finisher.

The game was pretty poorly balanced overall (shoutouts to Maria having a move in her bnb that randomly has her trip and let your opponent full blast you in the face with whatever they want), but it felt pretty reasonable among the top chars IMO.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
Found the 4 year old.

Holy **** I need to stop drinking and go to bed. I'm slowly getting more and more snide and less caring.
it's disheartening that my age goes down 10 years when my favorite flavor is berated
but hey I can make this worthwhile by becoming 4 every once and awhile. I'd become immortal

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
How do I go about finding the extact angle of throws, or who do I tag to dig through the code to find out for me? I just want upthrow/dthrow angles for Diddy. I can roughly guess (Upthrow is like 80-85, dthrow is like 45ish, honestly feels like sakurai angle) but I'd like exact numbers
Back throw: 45
Forward throw: 45
Up throw: 80
Down throw: 50

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Seriously guys you and your low tier deserts .
Banana Walnut Ice cream = MetaKnight Tier

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
SSSSSS brawl mk tier: pineapple gelato

S tier: fruit gelato, java gelato
S- tier: other flavors of gelato
A+ tier: fruit frozen yogurt/sorbet
A tier: vanilla frozen yogurt/sorbet
A- tier: any other flavor frozen yogurt/sorbet

B tier: Maple nut ice cream

melee kirby tier: any other form of thick, way-too-creamy amerikagaijin ice cream

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings

melee kirby tier: any other form of thick, way-too-creamy amerikagaijin ice cream
I heard the meta isn't fully evolved for sorbet.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
also I've somehow found myself embroiled in a mental tangle of attraction to/longing for a new 2-d female

frederica greenhill is now up there on my 2d-character-i-would-marry-and-serve-dutifully-and-faithfully list, just behind nausicaa

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
While it's still topical

Guys(and gals) no matter how good of an idea it sounds, never engage in foreplay with chocolate syrup. It's just a huge mess and not as much fun as you'd think. Stick to whipped cream imo

This was a public service announcement. Thank you for your time

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
While it's still topical

Guys(and gals) no matter how good of an idea it sounds, never engage in foreplay with chocolate syrup. It's just a huge mess and not as much fun as you'd think. Stick to whipped cream imo

This was a public service announcement. Thank you for your time
don't get anything with sugar in a vagina

that leads to yeast infections

this has been a public service announcement

CORY

wut
BRoomer

Bro, was about to come in and talk about gelato. The best gelato is fresh, but I buy talenti and that ****'s real good. I'm a sucker for cherry anything and their cherries and cream is super good. Just enough cherry to be flavored and the ice cream isn't quite just plain vanilla, so the cherry is super d lish.

Their caramel cookie crunch is great, too. A lot of crumbled cookie buts with caramel ribbons in super creamy vanilla. Cookie dough isn't so great, but it's certainly good. Just lacks enough cookie dough : p

And their dark chocolate raspberry is super good! Raspberry gelato with dark chocolate bits that aren't too big, so they can melt in your mouth!

I normally like mint chocolate any damned thing, but mint ice cream always seems too soft and runny. Likely something to do with with the menthol molecules suppressing the freezing point of the ice cream or something...

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
My workplace is light years ahead of your primitive sweets meta, we have maple bacon fudge. It literally tastes like maple syrup and bacon and is the greatest acheivement known to man

Edit: O yea I forgot to tell everyone that I got a job at a candy store kek

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I became a lurker and missed a lot of mei mei's streams because of time zones
image.jpg

Irrelevant

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
The majority of it is but when you find the smaller subreddits that pertain to your interests, it's great. Also, unsubscribe to the default subreddits asap.
Except /r/mildlyinteresting
11218804_10206624756408198_1962978072962257634_n.jpg

Reddit is actually a pretty decent content aggregator when ti comes to news and the like(albeit with some pretty obvious slants)-but if you're actually looking for discussion, then smaller subs tend to be the way to go. /r/smashbros actually isn't horrible-it's just not great, either. It avoids a lot of the more questionable pitfalls of regular reddit culture, but obviously suffers from the pitfalls of reddit's core system. The smaller /r/ssbpm and /r/ssbm are far better for discussion, but /r/ssbpm is sorta starting to suffer from gif/gfy overdose on occasion. But at the very least good discussion manages to get near the top regardless.
I mean, you're basically guaranteed to find something on reddit suited to what you feel like, with varying degrees of activity. But defaults are a hive of some pretty ridiculous attitudes. Then again, there are some niche subs that are far, far, far worse.

@ TheDarkMysteryMan TheDarkMysteryMan just give it a break, trust me. Step away and come back later, it'll be a lot less irritating for you.
Should I ban gameplay like the melee subreddit did?
mod edit: absolutely disgusting
Send whatever it was straight to me.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Since this discussion is pretty much dead I won't clutter up the forum with it. Further responses from me will be taken to PM: I'm sure the rest will want to go back to their daily schedule of ****posting and waifus undisturbed
I agree with you for the most part, but I honestly found this sentence wholly irrelevant. Comes off with a very dismissive and aggressive "**** off you SJW" vibe too
Well, he dismissed my entire post as "neckbeard" twice so I guess it evens out. Ignoring how my sides were almost gone at someone using the term "neckbeard" unironically in 2015, let me throw some punches too.

I understand where you are coming from though, and maybe you are right, but I'm not going to apologize for it. We're both adults here, and we both have a history of snark. It would be pretty hypocritical for me to really complain too much about Bleck's ad hominem since I engage in it too for funsies.

I will post a disclaimer though, since I don't come off as some fanboy:

• I abandoned Fire Emblem since Path of Radiance, and had little care for it since. (Why people think PoR is a good game is beyond me but that's for another day). I only like the GBA ones
  • I think Awakening is terrible and the wrong direction for the franchise
  • I will likely be making fun of Fates too, since there is a lot of shenanigans in it. Also I do not support many of the business practices with it
  • Waifus are dumb, and not into them at all. Old Man Grey is 100% right, they don't make you strong.
  • I'm not going to defend the writing, scenario, or it's placement in Fates as well. The supports are so ridiculous that I don't even know what to think of it. I'm of the opinion that Fire Emblem is too cliche anyway so this is no different. This comes across as fanfiction and not in a good way, and it's making me think that they are running out of ideas for character since by awakening they really had to resort to "silly" personality quirks.

My issue is clear: a situation easily containable was overblown because moral purists reacted with getting offended over fictional characters without even first thinking back and maybe there was something else going on. They were all ready to have Nintendo's head for being "homophobic" and being "unacceptable" for not toeing their line and already had the hitpieces sent out. In the end, they made fools of themselves so I can't complain too much but it was still a sight to see in how things are now.

Whether it's ignorant soccer moms, corrupt lawmakers, conservative religious biblethumpers or progressive liberal social activists the rise to have games be political battlegrounds to fit people's own insecure beliefs and to make sure everyone ia never "uncomfortable" is an impossibility that I have plenty of issues with, as it stifles creativity and the medium within when you have moral arbiters telling you what you can and can't say, what jokes you can and can't make, what themes you can and can't explore, etc, even if they are considered "distasteful" by a demographic. It stifles the media. I agree with criticism, but when people want to be catered to an obvious agenda, and when they are willing to lie and spread unverified misinformation to get that across over and over then I get extremely butthurt.

Turnign back to Bleck, I forgot to elaborate on this point:
dude went on a rant on how people who might feel bad about harmful things in media are inherently "weak" and are bad people because they're messing with his waifus, all 'cause I heard that maybe something was a thing

I'm not gonna waste time pretending that that's anything worth responding to
Not entirely accurate to what I was saying, but whatever, here's another rant I'm sure you'll appreciate, then.

I'm going to assume you are an adult, Bleck. Sometimes your posts suggest otherwise, but here I'm generally sure you are.

Whether it's books, movies, television, or video games they will always have subjects, themes, jokes, and opinions that not everyone will agree with.

Whether it's depiction of violence, sex, gender, religion or race, these will be themes explored in all angles, and not in ways others like or are "correct". Some of them will go very dark routes, others will make jokes and humor of out of it, and maybe others will be more on the "stereotypical" side, etc. Why are we as adults need to be sheltered from that? We're not kids anymore. Just because a piece of medium doesn't fit the "consensus" of that region or worldview, even if it's "unacceptable" in one's eyes, I would like to think we as adults can handle viewpoints from fictional works that don't align with our view of the world 100%, especially those from other cultures that have a very different of life and view of the world compared to us. Only then will true equality be reached if we stop treating certain subjects like taboo and try to hush it up when someone speaks "out of line" about it. If we can't, what are we doing here?

Even if Soleil went from gay to straight in an absurd fashion, what of it? Even if this game has the option for gay marriage what of it? Even if a game has incest, what of it? Even if you have a game that makes you accept or denounce religion, what of it? Even if we have a game where a character get's *****, what of it? Even if you have a game to take down or over-glorify a certain political system, what of it?

Can we seriously not handle this anymore? Do we seriously need to shelter ourselves from this so that we're not "hurt" by views or actions we don't agree with in fictional settings? I get that it's nice to have empathy for others, and I'm no superman: I know what it's like for someone to just berate my beliefs but the world doesn't cater to me nor do I expect it too. Even if it's something I don't always agree with I can still find enjoyment in it and maybe criticize it without having it try to be removed from my presence for being "problematic" and "toxic". I don't want a world where something not toeing the party line get's burned just because it's not what people have arbitrarily decided as "correct". Especially not an intentionally absurd character in the newest Fire Emblem game. It may be stupid and I may criticize it, but to play the moral high ground and claim it's unacceptable "weeb" ****, and try to dictate what is acceptable and what isn't? Some wanted to contact Nintendo (and Japanese company, mind you) and have them change it to their viewpoints despite it not even being localized yet.

In the end, yes I think functioning adults in society should be able to "handle" depictions in media that don't always align with their viewpoint. I don't really think they are "weak" per se but I do question one's ability to separate fiction from reality if it bothers them that much. No, they shouldn't just bow down and take it up the ass and let whatever just steamroll over them. And yes, they should criticize what they don't like, but this also isn't a Nanny State (not yet, anyway). The most that I do when I see something that I don't like is criticize it and maybe laugh at it, not try to tuck it away, out of sight, just because they may "hurt" someone's feelings: we are not children here, yet from my viewpoint it seems that people want to be treated like sensitive children.

People in this country are changing, when it comes to how we see the world, beliefs held, and different viewpoints are getting traction yet so little has actually changed: it's just the same **** with a different skin. If it's not someone crying about how terrible virtual violence is and how it will effect our youth, it's someone else crying about terrible virtual misogyny and how it will effect our youth. If it's not someone crying about how "Godless" or "un-christian" something is, we have someone crying about how non-"inclusive" something is and how it lacks "Diversity" (AKA tokenism).

Everything in the world can influence another, whether what is deemed "good" or what is deemed "bad" media, but just trying to get rid of it and pretend it doesn't happen isn't the best way to fight against it and changes nothing. Being exposed to these ideas while educating yourself, debating, and being able to laugh at yourself once in a while is the only way to flourish.

when I posted the transcript that I'd heard about, I pointed out that it was probably hearsay, which it turns out it was
Uh huh, sure. You were that humble like always, Bleck. You sure wouldn't have got caught up in the outrage machine and start preaching how unacceptable it was and that they should conform like always had I not said anything, hearsay or not, nope.

Though to clarify: My original quote's first section of your post sole attention was to shut down that agenda before it became too widespread when we didn't have all the info in place (so people didn't get caught up in end without proper different perspectives looking at it). I also did vent my frustration of the predictability of some folks when it comes to scenarios like this and explaining how tiresome stuff like this is becoming in the gaming space when it comes to the media. That portion wasn't even toward you personally and you as the original poster was actually irrelevant: the only section that I did directly challenge your viewpoint was the second quote/section, where you asserted that people are being harmed by harmful media including what may have transpired in Fates. This I explicitly challenged, since I generally don't agree. I don't see a problem with that, honestly.

The second time you responded though calling me a "neckbeard" gave me the impression that you really did believe that I was on some path to support the "harmful" ideas of the media and gave me the impression that you were directly in part of spreading misinfo and was mad that I called it into question. You could argue that I was being presumptuous, and for that I apologize, but it's a pretty suspicious response for someone who was just posting what he thought was "hearsay".

what seems to be happening here is that you've decided I'm emblematic of some kind of social justice scheme to destroy [thing you like]
Implying I like Fire Emblem Fates or it's shenanigans. Nope, just to curb stomp bull**** so it doesn't spread without proper debate and discussion.

Again, I didn't think you were anything in my original post, my first post was directed toward the media/offended. Your response to my first post may have changed that come the second post, admittedly.

and typed up a really dismissive rant about how "SJWs" are ruining everything and how it makes you better than other people
Ignoring that I didn't even mention the term "SJW" once, I don't see the problem with calling out yet another routine outrage machine that omits key details or hasn't taken other perspectives yet, which is what I did, and explaining my frustration of the source of these outrages seem to be those that find offense in everything that goes contrary to how they feel it should line up with their own political beliefs they hold in this world and are using the media outlets to spread lies.

As for me being dismissive, that's pretty rich coming from a user who just makes snipe and witty remarks everytime he gets into and argument with someone, calls them ad hominems, and even makes assumptions about them like if they are white or their age. I can't complain about this too much, as I said previously, since I have a tendency to do this too since I like more heated debates/exchanges, and don't mind the occasional snark or punch to the gut but I still find it funny that you lack the self-awareness in calling me "dismissive".

If you actually want to take it that way then I have no problem, though. It doesn't really bother me if anyone thinks I'm dismissive.

"how it makes you better than other people"
Just because I used hyperbole in finding it strange how often people who spill their spaghetti over non-issues get pandered to I don't think that asserts that I think that it makes me better then other people. Though to be honest it isn't of grave concern. It's fine if you believe I really think I'm better then others. It doesn't bother me either way.

you could have just said "Hey, that thing you said might be happening isn't true." and I would have been like "oh, okay, cool"
"You should have said it nicer!"

Is all I'm getting for this. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't police my speech so no dice. I released my vent on the media so that how it goes down. Also once again hilarious that you of all people saying stuff like this though.

but instead you decided to show off how thick and crusty your neckbeard is? maybe you should think about posting on reddit instead, I hear little nerds like you are welcome over there
Reddit is normal central, no thanks. Not as bad as Facebook or Twitter but it's close. My neckbeard would gobble them whole, and my fedora would take out their eyes, as they often get triggered of my opinions over there :^)

In seriousness, the forum operates entirely on a clickbait model, so why people post there was always a mystery to me. The administration over there is also corrupt, so I'm glad it's burning down for a second time. So no Reddit for me: Reddit is for plebs and always will be.

Anyways, I'm glad you actually had more of a response this time, it was fun (despite any previous sarcasms I'm actually being genuine here).

You could still make a case for the character getting "drugged" without her consent as weird/out of place. Despite the absurdity of the potion was given, the comedic context of such an event taking place for obvious shenanigans I'll still give you that one for free anyways as "harmful" since it doesn't concern me either way.

I hope their servers catch fire.
Voat is superior.
Too bad Voat doesn't work 99% of the time since they can't get their servers together and take advantage of Reddit's **** ups. Even worse, to my understanding their EU laws seems to be causing problems with what subreddits they can have on the forum and what content they can push on there (it seems like it will be even stricter then Reddit). Doesn't matter: some sectors of Reddit seems to already be caving in despite the amount of power they had on their hands. They could of tear **** up but once again it is reddit, don't know what I expected to be honest. We'll see, but expect most of the userbase to cave eventually.

Also redditors migrating to 8chan is generally terrible since they never seem to lurk enough and are easy to spot. Ever since Summer started, post quality has gone down in some areas and people have become generally more ignorant around there. Please lurk moar Redditors.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I can't believe I have been associating with you all for almost a year now, and the majority of you dislike chocolate.

It's like I don't know any of you anymore.

Also I'd be pretty pissed if Reddit went under because it has so much good information on audio production.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
@ Zynux Zynux I can respond to most your post by cutting and pasting my previous one

that being said;

the only section that I did directly challenge your viewpoint was the second quote/section, where you asserted that people are being harmed by harmful media including what may have transpired in Fates.
all I was saying was that it's not wrong for people to find things offensive - the reality that people are getting more touchy about things because of social climate shifts, and that sometimes that does cause people to spread misinformation in their zeal to be the first one offended is irrelevant to the veracity of whether or not something in media is portrayed callously with regards to how someone may feel about it

again, it turns out that the thing in Fates wasn't true - but that doesn't mean that, if it was, that it would be wrong for people to choose to be offended by it

and if you're one of those people who things that anyone who thinks or feels differently than you do is wrong, then, well, who cares what you think?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Hot damn I miss a grip of pages was in the FE:RD vortex( still am) and was at a pre 4th of July smashfest. Love ya PMS.

Does anybody still play Chronophantasma or did all the Blazblue players just move back to Guilty Gear? I recently got gifted a copy of the game from one of my local friends.
People still do but when XRD came alot of people flocked to that cause ASW anime flock syndrome in the U.S on top of Evo announcing XRD and P4AU back in early February and alot of people are focusing on XRD. After Evo people will play it a little just need to look. Also people was waiting for the BBCP update which came out a few weeks ago in the U.S which you have to buy as a standalone game. Also speaking of P4AU it has a new revision that console never got yet and folks still haven't had a word on when it coming out outside of JPN arcades so people who wanna play that game is waiting, being frustrated and messing with their fingers and what not.

Also speaking of Ice Cream I love Neapolitan ice cream and I haven't had much experimentation with other flavors outside of cookie crisp and rocky road which are godlike.

Last edited:
Top Bottom