• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Goddamn hippies running the show.

fox's shine is the worst in the game pls buff
Now it is a reasonable spike. They didn't remove shinespike. Now he just can't kill people with one shine @ 0% like any other character with a spike.
Edit: And getting hit by onstage shine while he didn't have a jump is what killed him.
Edit: actually he regained his jump but Fox could have naired there and squirtle would have died because it was such a good gimp. Got him right after expended jump.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
is there any way that i can get 3.5 except with 3.6 balance patches and gameplay tweaks lmaoooo

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
olimar is ridiculous

like his neutral still seems booty aka run away and throw pikmin

but a grab should lead to death if you techchase with dair

this character is stupid fun and wayyy easier to play than luigi, especially when I start to spaghetti with luigi

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I told you all waifus were a blight on the world. It's only a matter of time before they start to infect everything else.

Or that all British people drink tea.
Or that all Russians drink vodka.
Or that all the French are cowards.
Or that all the Irish are alcoholics.
Or that all Greeks are like ancient Spartans.
Or that all Australians are testosterone-laden jerks.
Or that all Mexicans are border-hoppers.
Or that all Canadians are polite.
tl;dr: [Stereotypes INTENSIFY]
I'll have you know pappy didn't have to jump no border. Apparently you walk could it long ago.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Uh, I hope that's not unprofessional on such a scale as to disqualify me from future PMDT consideration. My frustration at the "Bcuz melee" whining kinda hit a breaking point. :/
one of the greatest posts on these forums was strong bad ****ting all over fox players overreacting to changes in 2.6, I think you'll be fine

Yung Mei

don't worry odds, if it does, you can join the PMBR

Project M Bitch Room, which shadic made me head of

free waifus and cookies yo

Last edited:

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
I told you all waifus were a blight on the world. It's only a matter of time before they start to infect everything else.

I'll have you know pappy didn't have to jump no border. Apparently you walk could it long ago.
you still can, there are huge stretches of the boarder with no fence because rich people have golf courses and stuff that are on both sides and it isn't ideal to have a fence running through the middle of your golf course

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I only specifically remember having lasers having damage falloff, so fox players couldn't just camp one side of the stage for significant overall damage

I legit get so confused every time I remember the tests leffen did on that, stale calculations + lasers are a hell of a combo

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
I only specifically remember having lasers having damage falloff, so fox players couldn't just camp one side of the stage for significant overall damage

I legit get so confused every time I remember the tests leffen did on that, stale calculations + lasers are a hell of a combo
It's like people knew this was a problem but nobody bothered to test it until recently or some garbage. lol

Lizalfos

Smash Master

Leffen was just saying that you can use lasers to unstale your moves with lasers, which is still totally possible in PM, to get more you of your other moves.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
People seem to think top players are always good game designers for some reason, when often that isn't the case.

They make arguments like "My character needs this because then they wouldn't be able to do this thing that I always do" which doesn't answer the question if they need it or not. That only tells us you would need to act differently in some situations.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
But stale move system actually discourages spamming kill moves. Sakurai intended it to keep spammers from winning basically. This effect is even stronger in brawl because it even decreases KB directly.

So actually because game design.

Edit: Reading M2K's Reddit post."Since I'm bad at expressing myself socially". Is he trying to draw attention to his autism here or am I just wrong for thinking that?

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Dammit bcm, why you seem to be down/running very slow. Gotta get some new music for Castle Siege and Delfino's Secret now. But gonna be a pain if my only source for right now is Brawl Vault.

Ah well.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
People seem to think top players are always good game designers for some reason, when often that isn't the case.

They make arguments like "My character needs this because then they wouldn't be able to do this thing that I always do" which doesn't answer the question if they need it or not. That only tells us you would need to act differently in some situations.
It's funny you mention this. People seem to think top players of X game are a lot better at everything in life, including managing communities. I play TCGs (against my better judgment) and there are people on the forums that I frequent that claim that they would be much better at being moderators than those actually qualified to be moderators just because they happen to be regional champions or something, even though they don't know the first thing about interacting with people of all backgrounds in gaming, casual, competitive, elitist, etc.

I mean, it's good to have a voice, but voice =/= only the best ideas in the world. It's one of the critical flaws I find with top player privilege in general.

SunJester

Smash Ace
To be honest I kinda like stale moves, there's thought put into it so people won't spam the same move over and over again, its a decent way of counteracting that.

However projectiles shouldn't un-stale moves.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
But stale move system actually discourages spamming kill moves. Sakurai intended it to keep spammers from winning basically. This effect is even stronger in brawl because it even decreases KB directly.

I mean the logical design behind stale moves is good design, sure, but then you should still have ways of ensuring little-to-no-knockback moves like laser are accounted for, otherwise you get... well, you get up to 20% overall extra damage, as the video shows

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
To be honest I kinda like stale moves, there's thought put into it so people won't spam the same move over and over again, its a decent way of counteracting that.

However projectiles shouldn't un-stale moves.
New tech, Fox multishines on the other side of the stage to unstale moves.
I mean the logical design behind stale moves is good design, sure, but then you should still have ways of ensuring little-to-no-knockback moves like laser are accounted for, otherwise you get... well, you get up to 20% overall extra damage, as the video shows
But this wasn't even changed in PM afaik. Anyway, stale nair isn't even a big deal because you are killing/doing most of your dmg racking with u-air. The queue gets filled with nair shine during neutral on their shield. So Bair and Uair are always going to be unstale when you need it.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I got my new glasses today, this is the best vision I've had in years holy ****. I don't think I like being able to see this clearly.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
I got my new glasses today, this is the best vision I've had in years holy ****. I don't think I like being able to see this clearly.
Plastic or metal frames? I switched to plastic a while back and, to be honest, I'm thinking about going back to metal.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Plastic or metal frames? I switched to plastic a while back and, to be honest, I'm thinking about going back to metal.
Can't stand the nose pads with metal unless the frames are REALLY light. So plastic is hip and comfortable

If the plastic has colors though that can be a nuisance with seeing distorted light

Along with some plastics have odd curves to be super hip, either leaning forward with the entire frame like some dumb hipster thing or having a bit too much of a curve for the lenses themselves like sunglasses: BOTH distorting the lens (and then leading to a headache).

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Lasers decay over distance traveled, shine intangibility removed.
Sonic's changelist in 2.6 was around 50 times that long yet somehow there was more of an uproar over the spacies changes lol

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
>Try to go to a mediafire link
>get taken to a "this page has a redirect loop" thingy
>Suggestion is to clear cookies
>do that + plus clean browsing and download history
>still takes you to the same page
>sad face

EDIT -

>Then try reload.
>Now it ****ing works.

Gotta ***** about it first, apparently.

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Can't stand the nose pads with metal unless the frames are REALLY light. So plastic is hip and comfortable
I can agree with that, since it's why I switched to plastic in the first place. Only reason I was thinking of going back to metal was because I wanted to change my look a bit again. If I can find light enough frames, then perfect. If not, guess it's back to thick plastic.

EDIT:
Lasers decay over distance traveled, shine intangibility removed.
Sonic's changelist in 2.6 was around 50 times that long yet somehow there was more of an uproar over the spacies changes lol
Oh, this was the shine intangibility removal patch! Yeah, okay, the whining in this patch was extra hilarious because of all things to be salty about, an invincible one-frame move is not one that's allowed.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Fox's recovery isn't even hard for Melee players to transition to. If it was PAL distance then I get how that is super jarring, but all they have to remember is that it is less safe to land onstage and people will ledgehog more. And Fox Illusion is still super good because no amount of ledgehog can help if you just get to center stage using it to recover.

Fox just relies on Illusion more, just like Falco does because he can't recover high with up-b without getting stuffed, and getting onstage from low is somtimes just not an available option.

Plus they Finally de-cloned Fox's recovery.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Plastic frames, I started using plastic frames a long time ago because the nose pads always broke off on my metal ones.

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Plastic frames, I've been using them for a really long time, I started using plastic frames because the nose pads always broke off on my metal ones.
That's something I definitely don't miss about my old metal ones. It's what made them break apart in the first place.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Fox doesn't have jab -> upsmash? Wow that is huge. What Upsmash setups are there? Jab reset shouldn't really work because you can SDI out of it. Does dair reset work?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
So today I played 3.6 with two of my friends for over 5 hours, and these are my thoughts so far:

• This is the best patch by far, everything feels amazing. The aesthetics are baller af and make watching even more interesting, you guys cleaned up the game nicely.
  • Thanks for the slight Zero Suit buffs, I appreciate those :p also thanks for cleaning up that grab animation and the Justin Bailey outfit, it used to be so hurtful to the eyes lol.
  • Sonic is great, doesn't feel like garbo anymore.
  • I have a new found hate for Yoshi after today, hate how quick and strong DSmash is and let me not start on the ridiculous distance on his command grab..
  • PLEEEEEEEEASE for customs sake return the songs slots to PS2, Saffron doesn't need em
  • That new taunt with Tink seems hella random and unnecessary tbh. Might as well do it to all characters, won't be affecting me since I'm back to ZSS anyway.
  • The new announcer isn't strong enough. (Real talk though, he sounds hella weird)
  • As a Melee Fox main, the changes aren't as drastic as people make them out to be. I played him for about a third of my session today and he seemed just fine. I was still able to waveshine characters into an up smash and do my usual stuff except jab to up smash and shinespikes, but who cares he's still fundamentally the same. The landing lag change really didnt bother me at all since most of the time I recover I tend to go for the special fall and that's still the same. Seriously, people are crying over nothing. I did notice my friends had an easier time playing against Fox today though, so shout outs to the balance changes working.
  • Everything is beautiful
  • Captain Falcon da bess
Also, I played some Ori and the Blind Forest today, that game is sooooooo good. My first time ever playing a computer game besides CS and I was better at it then my friend who owns it literally seconds after picking it up lol

Bleck

Smash Master

buddy I'm not even saying anything about stale moves, I'm just commenting on the fact that it took fourteen ****ing years for these people to check whether or not fox was ****ing overpowered

you people don't even know how hard it's been for me to not call people sperglords BUT I'M TRYING

FOR YOU

Yung Mei

• PLEEEEEEEEASE for customs sake return the songs slots to PS2, Saffron doesn't need em
this

also, it looks like Yoshi's Island Brawl got its tracklist switched too, unless im reading it incorrectly

fix dat **** too

Kittyfries

Smash Rookie
Thoughts on the new announcer? And any way to get the old one back? Sounds pretty bad to me imo lol

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Question about the patchnotes: On some moves where they increased/decreased damage (like waft), it says knockback uncompensated. But due to how knockback is calculated, isn't knockback still going to be changed?

Top Bottom