• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Helsong

Smash Ace
Reading more on the FE:Fates leaks...I have no idea how NoA is gonna localize this. FE has flirted with mature themes before, but that's usually been politics and war, not ubiquitous fanservice and undressing of characters, alongside flirting with heavy sexual tones. They took out some minor stuff in Awakening, this new writing direction is gonna give the localization team headaches. It's a high possibility they could outright censor it.

I could rant on how I feel about the new writing direction, but it's nothing people haven't said before. So long as there's a good game underneath it all, I'll likely still enjoy it, especially given the very interesting new mechanics.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Who would dare desecrate the Project Waifu-Oneupmanship Social Thread?
BTW, for the whole same-sex marriage thing in Fates...I really hope that there will be an old geezer trying to awkwardly explain that you get increased stat bonuses from going for a character with the same plug/slow below their belt. (Extra points if that man is Old Hubba)

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Reading more on the FE:Fates leaks...I have no idea how NoA is gonna localize this. FE has flirted with mature themes before, but that's usually been politics and war, not ubiquitous fanservice and undressing of characters, alongside flirting with heavy sexual tones. They took out some minor stuff in Awakening, this new writing direction is gonna give the localization team headaches. It's a high possibility they could outright censor it.

I could rant on how I feel about the new writing direction, but it's nothing people haven't said before. So long as there's a good game underneath it all, I'll likely still enjoy it, especially given the very interesting new mechanics.
I'm playing the **** out of this game in part because of these leaks. Some of the subtle raunchy things in Awakening really gave me and my non-weebish friends an (albeit immature) kick on the grounds that it felt out of place in the scheme of FE games. My main problem isn't the game itself, it's what the game-devs were clearly pandering to that irks me. A pen-pal-ish friend of mine makes trips to and fro from Akihabara, so we swap tales of the less-than dignified folk ogling over "maids" on the side of the walk and some of my more otaku-tendeny friends' lack of motivation in favor of simply fan-gasming over manga/anime that isn't even necessarily more than moe filler. That's just not the part of the crowd I want the series to veer WAAAYYYY to far in.

@ O ociplaC , we do not need to proceed with our anime women rants/raves, they never stop.

Last edited:

ociplaC

Smash Cadet
I GOT PROJECT M 3.6 BETA TO WORK ON MY WII OMG I CAN BE HAPPY AGAIN

please proceed with your anime women and weird comeons to each other

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at

Helsong

Smash Ace
I'm playing the **** out of this game in part because of these leaks. Some of the subtle raunchy things in Awakening really gave me and my non-weebish friends an (albeit immature) kick on the grounds that it felt out of place in the scheme of FE games. My main problem isn't the game itself, it's what the game-devs were clearly pandering to that irks me. A pen-pal-ish friend of mine makes trips to and fro from Akihabara, so we swap tales of the less-than dignified folk ogling over "maids" on the side of the walk and some of my more otaku-tendeny friends' lack of motivation in favor of simply fan-gasming over manga/anime that isn't even necessarily more than moe filler. That's just not the part of the crowd I want the series to veer WAAAYYYY to far in.
Yeah, the moment the series becomes more about otaku pandering and fanservice as opposed to war and conflict the the moment I drop it, because it just wouldn't be for me at that point. I don't see it happening, but Fates is really pushing my tastes. It's what sells, I suppose.

I normally don't care too much, but there are days where it gets...irksome. Especially in America where people go "Oh Japan, you so silly", or start talking about how it's "Japanese culture" when trying to defend this stuff when in reality it's niche even in Japan outside of Akihabara. Mainstream anime has changed, but that doesn't reflect the actual mainstream. My grandmother's homeland and one of my favorite countries on earth is more than a bunch of anime ******* and otakus, you mother****ers. I dunno, I think it's partially misplaced nationalistic pride and ethnic identity crisis.

Also damn, @ Frost | Odds Frost | Odds I was reading through the m2k posts on reddit and wow, you kinda broke his argument down solidly. Loved reading it.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
https://soundcloud.com/jaedrik/project-m-character-select

original voice do not steal please steal
give me tips / equipment I will try to make it better and or more unique if wanted
Edit: yes I know I need pop filter and reduce background noise somehow
Mic used: Shure X2u
It's already better than 3.6 announcer

It's kinda sad that a guy with a rando mic did better than the professional effort pmdt probably put into recording those lines

Yung Mei

just got told PS2/1 now has only 3 songs, and ps2's tracklist got moved to saffron city?

the **** is that bull****

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
just got told PS2/1 now has only 3 songs, and ps2's tracklist got moved to saffron city?

the **** is that bull****
To be fair, ps2's tracklist always kinda sucked for the stage. None of the songs felt fitting for the setting. They all work so much better in Saffron City, though.

Yung Mei

To be fair, ps2's tracklist always kinda sucked for the stage. None of the songs felt fitting for the setting. They all work so much better in Saffron City, though.
i dont give a **** about that, i basically lost all my custom music now

why is saffron city, a stage that literally no one except super extra for funsies players is gonna play get 6 tracks, and a stage that everyone is gonna play only get 3?

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Yeah, the moment the series becomes more about otaku pandering and fanservice as opposed to war and conflict the the moment I drop it, because it just wouldn't be for me at that point. I don't see it happening, but Fates is really pushing my tastes. It's what sells, I suppose.

I normally don't care too much, but there are days where it gets...irksome. Especially in America where people go "Oh Japan, you so silly", or start talking about how it's "Japanese culture" when trying to defend this stuff when in reality it's niche even in Japan outside of Akihabara. Mainstream anime has changed, but that doesn't reflect the actual mainstream. My grandmother's homeland and one of my favorite countries on earth is more than a bunch of anime ******* and otakus, you mother****ers. I dunno, I think it's partially misplaced nationalistic pride and ethnic identity crisis.

Also damn, @ Frost | Odds Frost | Odds I was reading through the m2k posts on reddit and wow, you kinda broke his argument down solidly. Loved reading it.
Some friend of a friend was all like "Yo, it's just the culture down there man. They don't give a **** about it so what gives? yada yada.." And this is like what a decent chunk of toxic-status folks in that fandom will say. But you can take a good look at the U.S in terms of how much **** flies around our media and advertisements to see why this is bunk. What the media shows is in no way a good indicator of someones interest on the personal level. We get bombarded by shows with violence that all to often has no substance, and that is reflected in the stereotype of my home-countries' inhabitants constantly through the image of the gun-toting American. Now, if you have an industry that panders to JPop and the like and uses it's funds to reach to an audience outside of your niche group, you will leave an impact on outsiders' impression of your country and it's people. Much like the American-to-Guns relationship, they themselves foster the Japanese/Asian-to-Otaku Intersts stereotype. I could have worded this spiel better, but I think the points been made regarding the "defense" some would put up.

Edit: Coincidentally, I saw this when I checked my facebook.
Now, this saying has many interpretations throughout different minds throughout the world, but I nontheless see something that goes unmentioned in this saying of ones identity. Throughout the world; for both better and worse, it is more than a face that determines your peers view of you and you within the context of your country. When I phrase this saying I imagine yet another face, a mask in a sense. This mask is molded of both positive influences and negative. Once you meet someone from another setting, they often see your mask; the pre-rendered binding upon your facade that acts as an initial guise. No matter how many faces you have, if you truly want to know someone as a person and more than a jumble of generalization, you must learn to look beyond the mask. Then you will see the caricature from the creation.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
i dont give a **** about that, i basically lost all my custom music now

why is saffron city, a stage that literally no one except super extra for funsies players is gonna play get 6 tracks, and a stage that everyone is gonna play only get 3?
-shrugs- Sorry, I play on every stage in the game, so I find your plight and rage kind of silly.

And admittedly humorous. Especially since I have to change almost every song in the game every time PM updates. ¦D

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
the people who believe otaku culture is the entirety of japan probably also believe that all asian women are submissive by nature and, indeed, that the south eastern areas of asia is the only kind of asia at all, don't take their word too seriously

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
the people who believe otaku culture is the entirety of japan probably also believe that all asian women are submissive by nature and, indeed, that the south eastern areas of asia is the only kind of asia at all, don't take their word too seriously
Or that all British people drink tea.
Or that all Russians drink vodka.
Or that all the French are cowards.
Or that all the Irish are alcoholics.
Or that all Greeks are like ancient Spartans.
Or that all Australians are testosterone-laden jerks.
Or that all Mexicans are border-hoppers.
Or that all Canadians are polite.
tl;dr: [Stereotypes INTENSIFY]

Last edited:

Yung Mei

-shrugs- Sorry, I play on every stage in the game, so I find your plight and rage kind of silly.

And admittedly humorous. Especially since I have to change almost every song in the game every time PM updates. ¦D
eye'm crey

so yah, basically i got pretty disappointed in this release (aside from balance changes, those are aight)

except samus's reverse charge shot got taken out, you guys are lame-o's

im just gonna play my own music over game sounds now, at least ill be able to change **** on the fly rofl

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
The people who think the entirety of Japan is otaku culture is pretty small; what's a more prevalent thought is that otaku culture is the mainstream, which is not exactly true. There's a reason they're called Otakus after all. Usually, these are the same kind of people who wear otaku like some kind of badge while maintaining that they're respecting Japanese culture-when in fact they're doing the exact opposite, maintaining some kind of innacurate ideal of japanese culture that is molded mostly by the shows they watch. It's more annoying than the memes from a few years back about how Japan was wtf/weird/freaky or whatever.

I'm making a bit of a strawman, but I run in to these people, and it's just..perplexing and mildly infuriating to me. No offense meant to anyone in this thread, I'm pretty sure the majority of people understand that pop culture is not a perfect conveyance of a culture, especially when it comes to Japan, where what a lot of mass-produced anime would imply is almost at total odds with what the defining cultural traits tend to be.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
It's already better than 3.6 announcer

It's kinda sad that a guy with a rando mic did better than the professional effort pmdt probably put into recording those lines
No it really isn't.

His point is that he wants to hear his favorite song when he plays competitively. He lost a song.
He has to choose a favorite child.

Yung Mei

i lost 3 songs yo, ****s whack as **** especially when i finally got my tracklist golden on that stage

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
god, MK's new dair is so good

y'all took the dair that looked like he hit someone with a flimsy stick and make it feel so satisfying

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
i lost 3 songs yo, ****s whack as **** especially when i finally got my tracklist golden on that stage
I'm wagering this also means PS1's noise levels are on PS2 now. God, now I have to go into Stage Editor and fix all the volumes. =w= PMDT pls.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I think its between MK, Oli and Pit for most buffed this patch. I'm sure we'll see both MK and Oli way more at tournaments because they have a more dedicated fan base.

Pit might take a while, but I think he's got what it takes.

Yung Mei

I'm wagering this also means PS1's noise levels are on PS2 now. God, now I have to go into Stage Editor and fix all the volumes. =w= PMDT pls.
i didnt even think about that

aside from balance changes 3.6 is lame, i blame strong bad

i also demand that standard toaster be fired from the PMDT and that he get a haircut

(´・ω・`)

Last edited:
Top Bottom