• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
So stupidly when this cafe in the library is open cups are like 20 cents even just for water. Since the cafe is closed today, I leaped over the counter and took one. Is that bad?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Any AP Psych and CS advice?
Edit: test talking, I don't want to actually learn, lol.
If you're studying for the exam, skimming the book (or the Myer's Psychology for AP Study Guide if you have it) is good.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
AP Psych is ez, just read the book.
I did, and I did really well on all my tests, but now when I'm studying I'm faced with reading the whole book. Right now I'm reviewing all the terms. Next I'm going to read the chapter summaries.
CS test advice?
Well, depends on what class in CS, and if you anticipate having to actually write code on the test. Also, is it concepts or application?
AP CS A
It is the absolute basics of OOP in java.
The goals of the AP Computer Science A course are comparable to those in the

introductory course for computer science majors offered in many college and university

computer science departments. It is not expected that all students in the AP Computer

Science A course will major in computer science at the university level. The AP

Computer Science A course is intended to serve both as an introductory course for

computer science majors and as a course for people who will major in other disciplines

and want to be informed citizens in today’s technological society.

The following goals apply to the AP Computer Science A course. Students should be

able to:

• design, implement, and analyze solutions to problems.

• use and implement commonly used algorithms.

• use standard data structures.

• develop and select appropriate algorithms and data structures to solve new

problems.

• write solutions fluently in an object-oriented paradigm.

• write, run, test, and debug solutions in the Java programming language, utilizing

standard Java library classes and interfaces from the AP Java subset.

• read and understand programs consisting of several classes and interacting

objects.

• read and understand a description of the design and development process leading

to such a program. (Examples of such solutions can be found in the AP Computer

Science Labs.)

• understand the ethical and social implications of computer use.
There are free response questions where we have to write code. We practiced some in class and I might do some more when I finish studying psych.
edit: WTF is a binary search.
edit2:So in a sequential search I look at everything in an array or whatever, and in a binary search I take a sorted array and divide it in half repeatedly until I result in the answer?

Last edited:

Diego Brando

Smash Cadet
I did, and I did really well on all my tests, but now when I'm studying I'm faced with reading the whole book. Right now I'm reviewing all the terms. Next I'm going to read the chapter summaries.
That's pretty much all you can do since everything in AP Psych is just memorization. I personally just read the book and memorized all the terms and important psychologists, got a 5 pretty easily.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
That's pretty much all you can do since everything in AP Psych is just memorization. I personally just read the book and memorized all the terms and important psychologists, got a 5 pretty easily.
Which are the important Psychologists? What is a good way of finding them in the book?

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Yes terms are KEY in psychology especially when you're first starting off. I took AP Psych and Sociology in one semester of high school--it's been a while but I might be able to help you out. I'm actually writing a case conceptualization for Abnormal Psychology right now!

How do you study exactly? Everyone eventually develops their own method but trying new things or bouncing off other people is never bad. What I did that usually worked pretty well was I made flash cards that had three or four questions on them (ex. "What did Pavlov do in his famous dog experiment?") with the answers on the back. It kind of helped me make my own quizzes in a way. I'm rambling though.

I think I am going to leave a note and twenty cents at this cafe saying I needed a cup haha. Is that the right thing to do? Bahahah

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I studied by running through the chapter once, reading the summary, and doing the study quizzes on the book's website. I used to do flashcards, but I realized it was a waste of time since I memorized the terms in the context of the chapter anyway.

If the name of that phrenologist shows up on the exam I'm going to be so mad.

That cup isn't even worth 20 cents. I bet the ******** don't even pay tax on them.

Diego Brando

Smash Cadet
Which are the important Psychologists? What is a good way of finding them in the book?
My teacher gave us a list of 100 psychologists to know, we didnt even need to know half of them really. Every one can be found in the book with the terms, its mostly people who did important experiments and came up with important theories iirc. Theres not really a best way to find them, you just have to look.

Last edited:

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Went to duthie hill this morning, a mountain bike park where I'm starting to learn how to downhill mountain bike. Fun as hell, does anybody on here do any MTB?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Alright, I have to ask.

With the new announcer in 3.6, is he going to record voice clips for Master Hand as well?

Because "The Announcer = Master Hand" is kind of a tradition.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I got lost when walking to a tourney today. I found this fresh water lake; I was going to sleep in the rocks if I couldn't find the venue by sundown.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
12 hour shift update: work sucks

I also cut two of my fingers open really badly but no one is available to come in and cover for me lol. BANDAIDBOYZ

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So far FE7 is fun, but I doubt I would ever not enjoy a Fire Emblem. Pass the freaking tutorial now, find it incredibly silly how they forced it, and now onto the real meat of the game, thank god because the tutorial was really irksome. But, like with all the FE games, the RNG just looooooves to screw me over (cab't count how many time I've missed 70+ hit chances and 80+ hit chances, though I seem to not be getting screwed in growth rates for this game. I'm also a bit sad that the characters I used in the tutorial are now gone, for now, and that I have to use different characters now after the work I put into some of the other characters (Sain pretty much became my best unit with his 12 Str and 12 Spd by the end lol), I'm not the biggest fan when RPGs do this but I can deal with it, and sure I do have Dorca (or w/e his name is) still but I never really used him the much in the first place though lol.

Its def a breath of fresh air though, either way.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
>tfw you cant go back to the 50s to see frank sinatra play live

;-;
>tfw Bing Corsby won't sing you about his trip on the trolly
>tfw Ruth Etting wont sing you a song about a ten cents dance
>tfw Caruso wont sing an Oprah with his angelic and orgasmic vocals
:(

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
This message brought to you by a man who looks like an anime character desu desu
Well technically, that comes from the artist since my avatar comes from the Dream Hunters which has a Japanese art direction since the story takes place in feudal Japan.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Any AP Psych and CS advice?
Edit: test talking, I don't want to actually learn, lol.
Get gud at arrays, they absolutely love them. I had a question about using a 2D array that represented a computer screen, so [0][0] was the top left corner pixel. Did some basic traversing in the problem

Read the past exams, they probably won't have the same problems but it should give you an idea of how hard it should be

They also drilled a bunch of recursion down, so figure out a strategy to figure out the function calls

And over all, don't be too worried. If it was anything like mine the exam was significantly easier than anything we did in class

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
Stuff about Fire Emblem.
The nice thing about Fire Emblem 7 upon replay is that you get Lyn Hard Mode. Hard mode Lyn is a tutorial without the tutorial, if that makes any sense. Best part is that you aren't forced to use the Knight's Crest on Wallace so you can have Sain get promoted early.

Also be prepared to absolutely love Hector. There's a reason he's the fan favorite lord in NA aside from Ike (Hector for PM when?).

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I still don't understand why people give Micaiah flak for being a Mary Sue, when Ike is just as bad (err... good?).

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I haven't played Radiant Dawn in years but I don't remember her being overly Mary Sue.

You know who is though? That new blond chick in the final season of Scrubs go away

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Ike and Micaiah collectively made the Mary Sue. Micaiah provided the stereotypical backstory and personality while Ike provided the stereotypical results. Oh and I guess Sothe provided the edgy aloofness, which makes the 3 characters that were important enough for major costume changes right?

And yeah Thani was good but I especially liked the aesthetics of it. Freakin' giant orb of light that slowly falls and explodes on the enemy was the first amazing looking thing of the game - it makes quite the impression.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Micaiah didn't seem as Sue-ish as the majority of examples in media.
I think Ike is a bit of a sue, but you see him grow(in PoR) from an inexperienced if talented young man into a proper leader. But, unlike a lot of Sues, we as the audience aren't expected to worship him without any real cause. He's held in high regard in-universe because of the deeds he did, and we as the audience see those deeds happen, and know that they were difficult/monumental.
In RD, it's just a continuation of Ike being a badass. He strays farther into sue terittory, but it's not a bad thing, since he ends up being a focus of the story anyway, and it's a video game(and thus, a player needs to feel somewhat empowered).
Micaiah isn't really sue-ish either, unless we're just outright saying that someone born with crazy powers and is revered by the people for them is a sue. She has jusitification in-story, and is shown as being imperfect, in addition to her mistakes causing drawbacks for herself and those around her.
I mean, Mary Sues aren't bad, so long as they're well-constructed, and they provide a good focus point for a story. The sues that are really bad are the egregious examples where they have zero consequences for their actions, never err in their judgement, and are showered with praise/devotion in-story that is proportionally far too much for their deeds.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Micaiah didn't seem as Sue-ish as the majority of examples in media.
I think Ike is a bit of a sue, but you see him grow(in PoR) from an inexperienced if talented young man into a proper leader. But, unlike a lot of Sues, we as the audience aren't expected to worship him without any real cause. He's held in high regard in-universe because of the deeds he did, and we as the audience see those deeds happen, and know that they were difficult/monumental.
In RD, it's just a continuation of Ike being a badass. He strays farther into sue terittory, but it's not a bad thing, since he ends up being a focus of the story anyway, and it's a video game(and thus, a player needs to feel somewhat empowered).
Micaiah isn't really sue-ish either, unless we're just outright saying that someone born with crazy powers and is revered by the people for them is a sue. She has jusitification in-story, and is shown as being imperfect, in addition to her mistakes causing drawbacks for herself and those around her.
I mean, Mary Sues aren't bad, so long as they're well-constructed, and they provide a good focus point for a story. The sues that are really bad are the egregious examples where they have zero consequences for their actions, never err in their judgement, and are showered with praise/devotion in-story that is proportionally far too much for their deeds.
On top of that, Ike isn't necessarily respected by anyone who doesn't know him personally in-game. Some folks despise him for the fall of Daein to it's neighbors (Michaiah in particular in the beginning), and most of the true respect put upon him is those that watched him prove just how strong he was since his first true mission in the mercenary group under his father. My main complaint might just be the fact that he abstains from force a bit too much given circumstances, which never quite made sense to me due to the fact that he himself isn't known to have had a personal journey to resolve this prior to his showing of the trait. Honestly, even if he too could be a real stick in the proverbial RPG mud, I think Chrom actually functioned as a better Ike in that regard.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
12 hour shift update: work sucks

I also cut two of my fingers open really badly but no one is available to come in and cover for me lol. BANDAIDBOYZ
pics, how'd you cutt'em?

This one customer I had, had his knuckle with a huge open slice in it. I had no clue why he didn't have it bandaged at all, he needed stitches or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom