• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
god I am not looking forward to getting a job this summer. not only will it probably be K-Mart tier, it'll be a constant reminder that I don't have an internship :(

i don't even care about making money, just give me something to do that I can put on my resume ;-;

Player -0

Smash Hero
Teach yourself something or see if you can help out at a garage or something, even if it's just cleaning stuff. You can start to learn stuff by asking the worker dude if they're cool.

Helsong

Smash Ace
People are seriously arguing for Goku in Smash4. I've seen it across multiple fb groups. Like, actual, serious arguments. Despite Sakurai saying Smashers need to originate from video games.
I just...I can't even. I literally can't even right now. This has sent me into full on preppy white girl mode and I can't even.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
god I am not looking forward to getting a job this summer. not only will it probably be K-Mart tier, it'll be a constant reminder that I don't have an internship :(

i don't even care about making money, just give me something to do that I can put on my resume ;-;
That job is something you can put on your resume though

Having work experience is an important trait at any job, even more so in your dream job. You want them to know that you can handle it. There are people out there who are academically fine but have a tough time in a real life setting

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
People are seriously arguing for Goku in Smash4. I've seen it across multiple fb groups. Like, actual, serious arguments. Despite Sakurai saying Smashers need to originate from video games.
I just...I can't even. I literally can't even right now. This has sent me into full on preppy white girl mode and I can't even.
I'm a Goku arguer. It can happen. Deal with it.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
People are thinking Goku and Shrek are the worst offenders and I'm just sitting here wanting to slice open the kidney of the next person who says we need a FNAF character.

These truly are the end times.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I play level 5 as warm up, then level 7 because I heard they have the most human-like DI. I'd also rather not get **** on, thank you
CPUs almost always do the same thing. In that way they are exactly like really new players. Just because level 9 Fox is technical doesn't mean he is smart. Marth vs CPUs should just be you doing braindead neutral (Dashdance, Dtilt, maybe even shieldstop retreating AC nair.) into you punishing the repetitive CPU.

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
So my friend has a youtube channel
It's great*
*your mileage may vary
I'm honestly not sure if it's meant to be ironic or not

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Playing vs. Level 9 Fox helps you punish obvious moves. Being able to crisply punish a player fishing for an Up-Smash and take the game because of it is very important.

Edit - Makes you make sure your movement while approaching is crisp and safe. Make sure you're never "off balance" and ready for any response to your movement and being able to punish the response. It's no human player but it's a pretty cool substitute for specific situations.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
That job is something you can put on your resume though

Having work experience is an important trait at any job, even more so in your dream job. You want them to know that you can handle it. There are people out there who are academically fine but have a tough time in a real life setting
true

but my post was more so about me valuing an internship over any old wal-mart tier drag, since future employers will probably do the same.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm a Goku arguer. It can happen. Deal with it.
Yeah it can happen.... in Japan.

Part of the reason some peeps don't want Goku is because inserting anime characters into a crossover game makes licensing messy.
Putting in more than 1 from different franchises is basically destroys the chance of the game coming out stateside and in Europe.
Generally speaking, crossover games with anime characters never leave japan.

Battle Stadium DON, Jump Super Stars, and Jump Ultmiate Stars are the most well known examples.

Last edited:

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
Yeah it can happen.... in Japan.

Part of the reason some peeps don't want Goku is because inserting anime characters into a crossover game makes licensing messy.
Putting in more than 1 from different franchises is basically destroys the chance of the game coming out stateside and in Europe.
Generally speaking, crossover games with anime characters never leave japan.

Battle Stadium DON, Jump Super Stars, and Jump Ultmiate Stars are the most well known examples.
That's true, now that you mentioned it.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I don't think that is really an issue here at all. The problem for anime crossover games is that there are too many licenses to deal with overseas for every franchise to make it economically viable to get them all or even a majority.

But just one anime franchise is very, very easy for a giant company like Nintendo to get in Smash, I mean this is a guarantee even if they don't bother to dub him or any of his friends. And even if there were multiple popular franchises Jump Victory Versus Plus is happening, so such deals can be made if there is the will to do so.

It is just a terrible idea to begin with that people should be against it.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Everything in the spoiler is just teenage venting over how little stuff is going on in my life. Probably quitting video games if my parents follow through on all this ****.
I'm actually really devastated that I can't have a CRT that I could get completely for free because my parents don't want more "junk". They keep saying TV from the 80s and it isn't hurtful because I want my parents approval but instead because the only thing I put effort into outside of school was just foiled like that. They want me to play less games and focus more on school (literally the only thing I do during the week aside from Smashboards). It just makes me feel like absolutely nothing is going on in my life. I gave up sports in middle school because they had 0 focus at my stupid charter school and I fell really in love with speach and debate. Now at my ****ty highschool every club is awful excluding sports. I just now realized how much emotional energy I had invested in smash. Now I just want to quit games altogether and see if I can pick up a sport and maybe programing club.

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Everything in the spoiler is just teenage venting over how little stuff is going on in my life. Probably quitting video games if my parents follow through on all this ****.
I'm actually really devastated that I can't have a CRT that I could get completely for free because my parents don't want more "junk". They keep saying TV from the 80s and it isn't hurtful because I want my parents approval but instead because the only thing I put effort into outside of school was just foiled like that. They want me to play less games and focus more on school (literally the only thing I do during the week aside from Smashboards). It just makes me feel like absolutely nothing is going on in my life. I gave up sports in middle school because they had 0 focus at my stupid charter school and I fell really in love with speach and debate. Now at my ****ty highschool every club is awful excluding sports. I just now realized how much emotional energy I had invested in smash. Now I just want to quit games altogether and see if I can pick up a sport and maybe programing club.
At some point you can start getting things for yourself and then when your parents complain about it you can just tell them you'll get rid of it yourself if you decide you don't want it anymore.
I've been doing that since I was like 16.

Edit: Close your spoiler btw

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
High school is a waste. 90% of the effort that actually applies to useful, long-term goals is outside of high school. I say 90% because there's the few kids who will push hard to eliminate two years worth of credits from college on top of earning scholarships; don't do this if you're not motivated enough to begin with. My younger bro and sis were and it took me a while to be content with not being like them, but I'm finally about to see my payoff five years after high school.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Goku should not be in smash because popular Shounen like DBZ are all ****. God I ****ing hate action anime. Put platinum the trinity Kinimoto Sakura in Smash please.
That's ****ing tough man. I don't want you to leave smash behind because I like having you around, but do what you want, man. If your parents are as bad as you say, I think you should reconsider your relationship with them, but it's all completely in your hands. Some people find a lot of joy in sports, and I'm sure a lot of the people in PMS could help you with programming.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Just take the tv in your room and hide it somewhere when you're not playing.

If they come in unannounced a lot, place it somewhere behind the door and start playing Smash naked. Maybe that will encourage them to knock first.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Let's make a Goku + Shrek hybrid and put it in P:M.

Problem solved.
I decided to go look around BrawlVault to see if this was already a thing.

Instead, I found this:
...Why?

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I just wonder how right they probably are. I waste a lot of time just reading and **** posting here. I would like to just do what I want like no ****s are given, but my stepdad exercises authority for a living. Mom is totally on board too.
I feel like smash or any competitive game could be a positive force in my life if my parents didn't restrict me from most of the social and even leadership aspects.
I'm going to probably quit for a month and see what clubs will take me in 4th quarter. I'll see what happens.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I just wonder how right they probably are. I waste a lot of time just reading and **** posting here. I would like to just do what I want like no ****s are given, but my stepdad exercises authority for a living. Mom is totally on board too.
I feel like smash or any competitive game could be a positive force in my life if my parents didn't restrict me from most of the social and even leadership aspects.
I'm going to probably quit for a month and see what clubs will take me in 4th quarter. I'll see what happens.
Bro, go running with me lol.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Step 1: Ask them for nice new monitor, 1ms (preferably asus brand)/buy yourself
Step 2: order wii2hdmi on the dl, (mail to friend's house, ect)
Step 3: enjoy new lagless pm setup, along with having the perks of a nice monitor

G ****ing G parents

Last edited:

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
Did you ever bother to fight back? Society wants you to give up. Just DON'T.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I've never been the type to be able to take the kind of stuff your parents tend to do.

People do what they do usually because they enjoy it and I always encourage that as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else because why wouldn't you do the things you really enjoy?

I mean, if you're getting what needs to be done completed then why should anyone complain when you do what you want to do?

That still stands even if people want you to go the extra mile. If you go that extra mile, and even further then there's no way someone should even bother getting in the way of things you want to do because all that means is that no matter how much you succeed, you don't have a say in what you actually want to do unless it coincides with their own mindset.

I just don't agree with that. For me personally, that's something that wouldn't make me want to try hard in anything that I may not particularly want to do, but something that I have to do.

That's just been my outlook of life my whole life though. Maybe I'm just wrong.

Last edited:

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
High school is a waste. 90% of the effort that actually applies to useful, long-term goals is outside of high school. I say 90% because there's the few kids who will push hard to eliminate two years worth of credits from college on top of earning scholarships; don't do this if you're not motivated enough to begin with. My younger bro and sis were and it took me a while to be content with not being like them, but I'm finally about to see my payoff five years after high school.
This reminds me of story from highschool. One of my closest friends was held back in kindergarten so he was a year older than all of us. One day during our Junior year he said, "You know, this is a waste of time. They're just gonna be baby sitting us for the rest of highschool."

One week later he dropped out of school, got his GED, got a job at wienerschnitzel, and started community college.

Moral of this story, **** highschool.

Last edited:

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
Parents just want what is best for you, but your idea of what is best is way different from theirs right? If there is a goal that you really want to pursue you find a way, and when you obtain that goal your parents will learn to appreciate it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom