• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MLGF

Smash Lord
You guys can give your fairly justifiable complaints on Xenoblade all you want.
I love this ****.

Last edited:

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
I've never liked the term "gamer", don't really know why. But yeah, I feel like video games are dead to me, or I've grown out of the phase where I looked forward to playing them. With the exception of challenging games, I feel I'm not really gaining anything out of playing them. I mean, I want to go back and finish Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Papers Please and Fallout 2, and I want to try Xenoblade, GTAV, Red Dead Redemption and Shadow of Mordor, but for some reason I doubt they would give me that sense of accomplishment that serves as my only reason for playing in the first place. Basically, I no longer find games entertaining or worth-while unless they're hard.:urg:
growing up sucks

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
^Only if you allow it to be like that. If you wanna let life turn you into an edgelord, that's fine.
and all that.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Man
Frankin and Michael have such good stories

Why does Trevor have to ruin them ;-;

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
@Umbreon @ bec bec

Alrighty. Do I have to pay anything to get in? Kinda low on cash from getting food and supplies. Also, in case my usual rides back aren't able or..."willing" to come pick me up afterwards, could I get someone to give me a ride back? If not, I understand. I'll try to work something else out.
venue is free to spectate and play friendlies. we can give you a ride back probably

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Regarding that changelist @ Frost | Odds Frost | Odds

Because it's something that could reasonably take effect in a later version of project M, is there no way that we would be able to get a first hand look at it?

you wanna do the elsword thing like an hour from now?
TFW reading this 2 hours after posting.

Damnit.

I might be free right now, but that depends if these people at my house still want to play smash.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
it took two hours to update i aint even mad
also if you want me ill be on channel 8 pongos hideout, just use that quick travel thing
its the place by the rat floating city thing
also add me at FPSWalrus

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Regarding that changelist @ Frost | Odds Frost | Odds

Because it's something that could reasonably take effect in a later version of project M, is there no way that we would be able to get a first hand look at it?
I'm not sure myself if there's a protocol for that sort of thing. I'm not PMDT, but cmart's taken a few of my ideas into account for test builds, and some of those are in the log. I'm not really comfortable sharing unless/until it's been circulated appropriately on the PMDT side and cmart, Shadic, Hylian, Strong Bad or someone else comparably senior in their ranks gives me the go-ahead - which has a strong possibility of never happening.

I especially don't want to do anything that might endanger the possibility of any of my proposed changes being implemented, because I feel extremely strongly about the direction of the redesign, and many of the changes don't really make sense in isolation - only as part of the complete redesign.

I think I can pretty safely say that my ideas are mostly geared towards the following, which you could glean pretty easily from my post history in any case:
- reducing Bowser's complexity/impenetrability at low levels, by removing some of his invisible weird properties, lowering the importance and complexity of the armor system, etc
- increasing the depth of his neutral and punish game
- making his punish game more reliable against floaties, and less braindead against fastfallers
- making his grounded kill moves more useful, and more central to his design (ie. as a bruiser)
- Decreasing his reliance on his ridiculous aerials, dash attack, and upB
- decreasing his polarization by matchup, and by map.

Last edited:

zman804

Smash Ace
I'm not sure myself if there's a protocol for that sort of thing. I'm not PMDT, but cmart's taken a few of my ideas into account for test builds, and some of those are in the log. I'm not really comfortable sharing unless/until it's been circulated appropriately on the PMDT side and cmart, Shadic, Hylian, Strong Bad or someone else comparably senior in their ranks gives me the go-ahead.

I especially don't want to do anything that might endanger the possibility of any of my proposed changes being implemented, because I feel extremely strongly about the direction of the redesign, and many of the changes don't really make sense in isolation - only as part of the complete redesign.

I think I can pretty safely say that my ideas are mostly geared towards the following, which you could glean pretty easily from my post history in any case:
- reducing Bowser's complexity/impenetrability at low levels, by removing some of his invisible weird properties, lowering the importance and complexity of the armor system, etc
- increasing the depth of his neutral and punish game
- making his punish game more reliable against floaties, and less braindead against fastfallers
- making his grounded kill moves more useful, and more central to his design (ie. as a bruiser)
- Decreasing his reliance on his ridiculous aerials, dash attack, and upB
- decreasing his polarization by matchup, and by map.
stop making 3.6 take longer nerd. I need that new silph co

D

Deleted member

@Umbreon @ bec bec

Alrighty. Do I have to pay anything to get in? Kinda low on cash from getting food and supplies. Also, in case my usual rides back aren't able or..."willing" to come pick me up afterwards, could I get someone to give me a ride back? If not, I understand. I'll try to work something else out.
bec nailed it, i can take you back to denton. we also have regulars like captain birdman from denton too

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
it took two hours to update i aint even mad
also if you want me ill be on channel 8 pongos hideout, just use that quick travel thing
its the place by the rat floating city thing
also add me at FPSWalrus
Sorry for the late reply.

Long story short

They still wanted to smash.
I kept winning the FFAs.
Now my friend is in eternal salt and won't let me get to the computer I play elsword on because I kept winning.
He won't move till he watches like 7 minutes worth of sad videos to "Soothe his soul"

Give me a few and I assume the fpswalrus is the skype name.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
nah its william.riggs24
also im off the game so add me on skype and we can get things going

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
venue is free to spectate and play friendlies. we can give you a ride back probably
bec nailed it, i can take you back to denton. we also have regulars like captain birdman from denton too
Wait, going in to watch and play friendlies is free? NEAT. :D

Sorry for the long pause. We went out for a night walk again and nearly got killed several times, including almost getting run over by a train. Next time I'm deciding out walking routes. ¦D

But sweet! Then I'll see you guys there tomorrow!

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i've gotten all the falcons unlocked and five starred yellow and orange.

i have no idea why blue isn't five starred, though. his score is higher than the yellow falcon's....

i can't handle the dark falcon, tho. no stars for him : (

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Quick question. How many frames does a footstooled opponent on the ground need to wait before being able to act?

Sorry for not ****posting/talking about non-smash things :|

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
tfw i work tonight at th ehotel, and somebody died near there today

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
So @ VinceX VinceX

Me and the walrus just got done having some hype no gear matches. You want to do some random pvp with each other.

Or we could go through Hamel and get my dimensional witch to 60 ;_;

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
So @ VinceX VinceX

Me and the walrus just got done having some hype no gear matches. You want to do some random pvp with each other.

Or we could go through Hamel and get my dimensional witch to 60 ;_;
Sure. Lemme log in. Put in Kadessa as a friend

Oh yeah, I love updates

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
I'm not sure myself if there's a protocol for that sort of thing. I'm not PMDT, but cmart's taken a few of my ideas into account for test builds, and some of those are in the log.
I certainly hope not. I've been feeding Bowser a steady cheese diet since 2.1.

What're you trying to do to me, Odds? Actually get better and learn the matchup?

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I've never liked the term "gamer", don't really know why. But yeah, I feel like video games are dead to me, or I've grown out of the phase where I looked forward to playing them. With the exception of challenging games, I feel I'm not really gaining anything out of playing them. I mean, I want to go back and finish Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Papers Please and Fallout 2, and I want to try Xenoblade, GTAV, Red Dead Redemption and Shadow of Mordor, but for some reason I doubt they would give me that sense of accomplishment that serves as my only reason for playing in the first place. Basically, I no longer find games entertaining or worth-while unless they're hard.:urg:
Same thing for Shows/Movies, Netflix would be near worthless to me.
cmart's skype name is Susan. I asked about it and what pronouns she preferred, and the response was along the lines of "ehhh, anything is fine".

So I say 'she' because **** the police.
pronouns you prefer? as in he vs she?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMAs6VAGqNA

Top Bottom