• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Helsong

Smash Ace
Then I guess you don't have lovers in 5 dimensions, you deceiver.
I do. I want my lovers to have hidden depths that I don't know about. Adds that extra mystery and allure.

As for the whole Twitch/PM/TLoc stuff...I mean, I don't want to call conspiracy, but this does seem kind of..odd? I think so long as we're still getting the TLoc quality and the crew behind it, then I'm ok.
Like someone else said, it seems a little strange this would come on the heels of them streaming a major national for PM. I'm not going to bother speculating until we get some actual info or evidence, though. Otherwise, speculation just causes needless panic.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I just hate how Infinity put a positive spin on something pretty obviously a net negative for him and viewers compared to what we had before.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Hey, let's not all overreact about this.

Clearly, separate but equal streams are the way to go, and there's absolutely no way this could go wrong or any type of negative precedent for that kind of thing.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Is TLOC just going to Host PMCentral?
Because if so, this is almost entirely inconsequential.

Hell, I think almost everyone now has a grasp at what's going on too. So that's actually a great thing to come out of this.

Last edited:

Blitzus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4253-3622-3146
So there hasn't been a single streamer to blackmail twitch?

Say I had a sub button and streamed Melee/PM. Mah boi PeoplesChamp says to stops strimming PM.
I say no, he threatens to take my partnership away.

I respond: you take away my partnership, I tell the twittisphere.

You're telling me no one thought to do that?
And those that did just didn't go public?

GrosMinou

Turbo Scrub

Say I had a sub button and streamed Melee/PM. Mah boi PeoplesChamp says to stops strimming PM.

That is so ****ing smart.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Smash 4 more than deserves a containment stream.

Reason conspiracy isn't believable. It's either nintendo w/o twitch doing anything or just streamer's paranoia.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Step 1: create twitch
Step 2: have everyone follow so it gains sub

Step 3: break out pm

U mad twitch?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
So yeah, just read the reddit thing

It's funny as hell the way infinity says they're bring upfront about everything but cant give a simple yes or no about nintendo involvement

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
My gut tells me it's Twitch, honestly. TLOC isn't really a largely Nintendo sponsored event thing (nor does it look like it's aiming to be, in all honesty, or they would've silently dropped P:M and not even hosted it/mirrored it). My big reason is that there was a time when P:M was a game on Twitch listings...now it's not.....*sigh* ALL THIS DRAMA MANNNNN. I haven't practiced in forever, for real though. I probably should today.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
It's funny as hell the way infinity says they're bring upfront about everything but cant give a simple yes or no-
When will people learn that doing that crap will only ever result in negative things, and actually try not to make that mistake? ...Why do they keep doing that? It's literally only asking for trouble/justified suspicion, it's always comically transparent.

What's the point of even trying that? I don't get it.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Has anyone else noticed the internet becoming much, much more knee-jerk over the past few years?

I don't mean Smash, I mean over everything. People get super pissed with little info. That's always happened, but it's amplified and propagated faster through the internet. It's like mob mentality on a massive scale. It's made worse by the fact that its super easy to get your ideas and rage out there, faster than ever. And, like in a mob, you get worked up into a frenzy reading this stuff and say stupid **** without thinking about it.

I mean, whatever happened to "Think before you speak type?"

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
>just the past few years

Also, relevant: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GIFT
Also also, people with big mouths, bigger hair triggers(heh, triggers), and no capability of just not saying things are able to communicate more because the Internet gives them soapboxes.
The actual number of people who are willfully like that is going down, and quickly, it's just that the ones that won't shut up are especially loud.

tl;dr: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VocalMinority <- Blame their kind/"Ten percent of the people cause ninety-nine percent of the problems."

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
People being assholes online has always been a thing. I'm specifically referring to how rage propagates.
It's like we've combined GIFT with mob mentality, and added a dose of outrage.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I thought that if you weren't upfront you were a coward, Mech.
There's a fine line between being collected enough to know not to start trouble in the first place/being able to handle it if there's other choice, and being, as you said, a coward.
The difference lies in how decisively someone ends/wins an argument; one will try not to cause any problems, but WILL make you look like an idiot for having opinions you thought were okay that were actually totally unacceptable if you piss them off, while the other will avoid the issue entirely like, as you said, a coward. ...I like to think I'm a good example of the former.
People being *******s online has always been a thing. I'm specifically referring to how rage propagates. It's like we've combined GIFT with mob mentality, and added a dose of outrage.
The good news it, those sorts are getting put down quicker and quicker every time they start a ****storm.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
When will people learn that doing that crap will only ever result in negative things, and actually try not to make that mistake? ...Why do they keep doing that? It's literally only asking for trouble/justified suspicion, it's always comically transparent.

What's the point of even trying that? I don't get it.
When someone says they're going to be upfront and transparent about something then clearly tries to dodge some questions, there is a reason for suspicion.

I'm not bashing on their idea or anything, i'm just saying that it is kinda shady atm until we have a tangible result.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
A large majority of those "mobsters" don't even play this game
And it's basically because people are drawing similarities to VGBC and being conspiracy theorists that they want to witchhunt them anyways

Top Bottom