• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kati

Smash Lord
Yeah the biggest issue would be how much "training" he got when he was growing up, and how much time he has to practice social skills now as an adult who has to spend so many hours training at his craft.

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
So I asked my friend (the sm4sh player) how he felt about playing Project M.
"I can't talk to you yet, I'm still in hitstun"
welcome to the real world lmao

sorry to detract from the discussion at hand

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Are you guys seriously playing doctor and diagnosing someone with autism because they are weird? Don't do that. When people say that you have autism it means something far more horrible and out of touch with reality than possibly a mild case of Asperger syndrome.

If M2K can get better as people are saying he has, and function as a perfectly normal person answering questions during interviews, than this idea that he has a debilitating disease which excuses all asshole behavior is pretty insulting to people who are suffering in silence right now.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Are you guys seriously playing doctor and diagnosing someone with autism because they are weird? Don't do that. When people say that you have autism it means something far more horrible and out of touch with reality than possibly a mild case of Asperger syndrome.

If M2K can get better as people are saying he has, and function as a perfectly normal person answering questions during interviews, than this idea that he has a debilitating disease which excuses all ******* behavior is pretty insulting to people who are suffering in silence right now.
No one is playing doctor at all?

This has been everyone disagreeing with Mech that people with autism should "just learn to be normal in social situations".

Bleck

Smash Master
I'm not saying that he's wrong per say, but that his view on the matter that they should "just learn to do it because everyone else who doesn't have autism does" is not how it works.
with Asperger's the primary and most effective form of treatment is actually "behavioral therapy" which is a really fancy way of saying "tell them what they're doing wrong and what they should be doing instead"

nobody in the community has the patience or time to do this because they're not ****ing therapists, which is what M2K would be seeing if he actually cared about his ****ty behavior, which he does not because he has a legion of dumb teenagers telling him that every terrible thing he does is actually okay because of how good at Melee he is

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So I've got a question.

For USF4 should I keep the shortcut of LP+MP+HP/LK+MK+HK on the buttons or is it ok if I were to change them to throw and focus instead?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
So I asked my friend (the sm4sh player) how he felt about playing Project M.
"I can't talk to you yet, I'm still in hitstun"
welcome to the real world lmao

sorry to detract from the discussion at hand
Teach him what combo DI is so he can stop being such a scrub. If he keeps complaining, play Marvel with him.
Edit: Or see if he complains about 64. If he does, he has no soul.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You can do whatever is most comfortable. You won't be able to do ultras without manually hitting all 3 punch/kicks though
I already can't do Ultras because quarter circle and half circle motions are kicking my ass, even moreso when I have to do them twice in a row. ;-;

Last edited:

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Teach him what combo DI is so he can stop being such a scrub. If he keeps complaining, play Marvel with him.
Edit: Or see if he complains about 64. If he does, he has no soul.
That's more or less what I tell him.
One of these days I'll go ganon against him.
Then he'll really hate this game.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I already can't do Ultras because quarter circle and half circle motions are kicking my ***, even moreso when I have to do them twice in a row. ;-;
Play charge characters like me then. I hate dp motions so I just play decapre lol

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
*snip* which is what M2K would be seeing if he actually cared about his ****ty behavior, which he does not because he has a legion of dumb teenagers telling him that every terrible thing he does is actually okay because of how good at Melee he is

That right there is where my whole beef is. I have no problem with the guy himself. I mean, he still bums off people for housing because he doesn't have a home of his own.(IIRC) Lines gotta be drawn somewhere.
I don't want to fixate on this, but great googly-moogly, am I not okay with people who set examples like that. Note that I do not set good ones myself. :^(

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
quarter circles on keyboards are easier than on pads lmao
like honestly i'd rather use a keyboard than a pad

but tiger knees are hell and everything in general is just easier on a stick

Last edited:

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
I already can't do Ultras because quarter circle and half circle motions are kicking my ***, even moreso when I have to do them twice in a row. ;-;
Vesper's sf4 tutorial does an excellent job of explaining the mechanics
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL744144A71C67D816

Here's a list of usefull links for stuff that I that I helped compile... I really don't know what to say, sorry >_>
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/180690/newbie-beginners-links

And MMM's post on character selection
http://www.metalmusicman.com/forum/index.php/topic,4947.msg47854.html#new

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Just finished Hanako's route in katawa

...the h scene was really uneeded and knida screwed up alot of the story for me :/

GMaster171

Smash Ace
quarter circles on keyboards are easier than on pads lmao
like honestly i'd rather use a keyboard than a pad

but tiger knees are hell and everything in general is just easier on a stick
Something Iv been trying is space for jump, similar to what hitbox sticks do (I really want one lol)

its a bit weird but it makes jump things a ton easier as you can hit up with either hand at almost any time (thumbs)

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Something Iv been trying is space for jump, similar to what hitbox sticks do (I really want one lol)

its a bit weird but it makes jump things a ton easier as you can hit up with either hand at almost any time (thumbs)
Do people really show up to tournaments with USB keyboards?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
What do you guys use to backup Windows stuff?

I've seen people bringing a wiimote (without a nunchuk) for a Brawl tourney.
One day i'm gonna buy a wii fight stick and bring it to tournaments

tbh i totally could pull it off if I wasn't lazy and learned how to hydroplane with only the control stick, but csticking is so much more consistent for me ;-;

double stick fight stick when

Top Bottom