• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I want to like spacies but they get away with too much dumb ****

Like having instant/near instant spikes, no other character in the game has these. Every other spike in the game has a pretty decently long start up or has tiny *** hitboxes, so you have to actually time and aim your ****

Idk, I just really dislike that they get so many good tools because Melee, yet any other character who gets tools of their level is destroyed
Falco doesn't really get away with deep offstage d-airs though, there isn't massive IASA or anything. It is a shield pressure tool, and if you recover high, expect to get dumpstered. Lasers are the better edgeguarding tool actually.

Dude, waveland fair + you have the longest shorthop. As a player, recognize your amazing crossup options. You aren't PMDT yet. The real solution is to main Falco, he will forever be dabes.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
@ Lizalfos Lizalfos
It's horrible dude. When you put Melee with component cables on an HDTV, it's glorious (and a bit laggy).

Smash 4 on the other hand every single hit has some wack ass green fairy explosions or something going on; beyond everything being uninspired and certainly Child-like.
Like look at Fox's d-throw in half speed with the green blob, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgim3pm2PtY#t=51
And the first 5 seconds of this match you see it too, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=966piwSHn7w
This exists in Melee but the green is less bland, and it's smaller.

I played Brawl with my offline friend a few times during the week (I have 3.02 on my card since I'm finishing up recording replays).
It's basically PM with floaty gravity, generally in terms of aesthetics, there's no exaggerated crap on everything that Smash 4 is trying to go hard on more than PS Allstars

It burns a visceral image of glowing red static into your temporal lobe.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Then just play Samus. She beats all three of them.
When I say they get away with dumb ****, I mean the tools they have

Falco doesn't really get away with deep offstage d-airs though, there isn't massive IASA or anything. It is a shield pressure tool, and if you recover high, expect to get dumpstered. Lasers are the better edgeguarding tool actually.

Dude, waveland fair + you have the longest shorthop. As a player, recognize your amazing crossup options. You aren't PMDT yet. The real solution is to main Falco, he will forever be dabes.
The only reason Falco would ever go deep offstage for a dair would be to style, and why do that when they can just pop someone up with a shine then dair them

Seriously though, it's ****ing annoying that everyone thinks I get **** on by stuff when I say it's bad, when I really just think that those two having instantaneous spikes is bad for the game when NO other character has that kind of tool.

Lizalfos

Smash Master

The only reason Falco would ever go deep offstage for a dair would be to style, and why do that when they can just pop someone up with a shine then dair them

Seriously though, it's ****ing annoying that everyone thinks I get **** on by stuff when I say it's bad, when I really just think that those two having instantaneous spikes is bad for the game when NO other character has that kind of tool.
So samus's recovery AND godlike stage game tools aren't dumb?
People aren't getting gimped by Falco man, those spikes are happening somewhere after 60. He doesn't really knock you offstage any earlier, unless Fsmash read.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Did GF just end in a pause stock loss??? Edit: Oh, just winners?

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
>tfw my canadian waifu is coming to seattle in May and im gonna get to meet her

should i bring my waifu pillows to establish my dominance over her?

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961

Marth's dair spike is frame 6, and I do believe the same goes for Roy's meteor. Ness has like a frame 3-4 meteor IIRC.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Marth's dair spike is frame 6, and I do believe the same goes for Roy's meteor. Ness has like a frame 3-4 meteor IIRC.
All which have small hitboxes, and dont spike throughout the entirety of the move though

Still dont get why Sethlong decided that Roy would spike people with his face

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
All which have small hitboxes, and dont spike throughout the entirety of the move though

They do spike for the entirety of the move. Or in Ness' case, meteor.
Also Marth's spike is on the tip of his sword, so good luck even trading with it for any sort of salvation.
Enjoy getting ken combo'd, or having Marth fly out to hit you with the back hit of dair while you recover.
Falco's dair is more versatile on stage because he falls so fast and it has little landing lag, but not as fearsome off-stage.

Lizalfos

Smash Master

Well congrats, his dair is only good for 4 frames now. Now he is equal! And it is because everyone will assimilate into the weegee.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
been so long now

like wassup folks

well with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqCIt_8bskM

being said,

Since Christmas is over now, should I change my signature to just say that I'll photoshop avatars in general for likes?

I mean I'll totally photoshop pretty much anything.
If and when you feel like it, I might just send you something.

Thanks for the bamcis snowball that will follow that little glower into July, by the way.

Last edited:

Benify

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eggn0g
3DS FC
5214-9751-3548
Guys I'm trying to look for a complete list/guide that gives the character codes for placing textures >_>

Like FitMario01 and FitMario02 and what colors each of the files belong to.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
My cat needs a Kaoken aura
By their nature, just stylistically, Kaoken auras tend to be full of white with the character brightly lit inside them. Since that doesn't really work for a black cat, I figured I'd just do it this way. Hope this is good enough.

Spidermad3.png

Got kinda lazy at bits. Hope you can forgive.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
If and when you feel like it, I might just send you something.

Thanks for the bamcis snowball that will follow that little glower into July, by the way.
I always feel like it.

And you're very welcome. I spent much more time on that than I should have.

EDIT: Double post 'cause I'm a rebel.

Also it's 12:30 AM and I'm tired.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
This kinda of imperialistic expansion is a threat to all of us. Either we end this now or we allow his power to surmount exponentially in the coming days.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
i just foudn out that kailex is only 18
have any of you filthy nerds been lying about your age!?!?!?! tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nope.
I'm 23, and 24 come this May.
...Not long until we do this at mecha- instead of mini-scale. (sorf of)Proof:
BugJuggler.gif

That is the BugJuggler(http://www.bugjuggler.com/). It exists now and has for some time. Wonder what those objects it's juggling are?
...They're cars.
But I do wonder why Diem was chosen before the handful of popular smash commentators who will be attending Apex and will actually know what the **** is going on.
His infamously levels of salt for more laughts/"who you know, not what you know".
turns out, trying to appeal to the people who only care about money will attract the kind of people who only care about money
World history in a nutshell, folks.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Who is this llod guy? He's just bodying everyone at xanadu with peach oh my god it's brutal.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who'd never seen this guy before. He's doing fantastic. He's gonna win this.
He's not from nowhere, he was a solid Peach/Lucas main from the 3.02 days. I'm pretty sure he's either Junebug's brother or roommate. He was already a solid peach in 3.02, and the 3.5 changes pretty much helped him get the golden ticket.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
This is the point in the day where no conversation will get picked up later. Like everything is just tiny little joke posts and recommendations. Has anyone here ever felt a true creative impulse? Sometimes I do, and it's kinda painful if you ignore it, and I always feel like what I ended up making was inadequate.
Hehe
Have you tried being an artist
a lazy artist?

Anyway hi
I've been ded and lurking for like 4 pages because I slept and then I had raid and didn't feel like posting at the time.
Also Softie you can't quit because I'm here and you told me to stay so I did.
Never.

also yeah lloD played lucas back in 3.02 and when most of the others were out to something else he would bop the tournie
for whatever reason he just didn't get much stream time otherwise, even though he's a good player

I got some respect for joe sticking to diddy though
way more than the folks who decided to quit him for whichever what reason.

Ike is my top pick for 3.5, not flaco. Ike fox all the way. Because Ike's tauntkill is better than a shinespike.
You're all missing the big picture here.

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Just beat the first Devil May Cry after a ton of deaths, and it's a great game, but also hard as steel. If your timing is slightly off on anything, the game will not hold back on punishing you for it.

That said, I noticed something very strange; I think certain elements of the game may have inspired elements in Kingdom Hearts.
One example is the Devil Trigger mechanic, which works similar to the Drive forms as seen in KH2(I know DMC predates Kingdom Hearts).

IMO, while DMC is better, more challenging, less forgiving, and more in depth, DMC is definitely a high maintenance type of game and not for those not willing to commit to what they do.

I still like the KH games though, as much of a cluster molest the universe and story has become.

Next on my log is KH2HD.

Oh and Happy New year.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Just beat the first Devil May Cry after a ton of deaths, and it's a great game, but also hard as steel. If your timing is slightly off on anything, the game will not hold back on punishing you for it.

That said, I noticed something very strange; I think certain elements of the game may have inspired elements in Kingdom Hearts.
One example is the Devil Trigger mechanic, which works similar to the Drive forms as seen in KH2(I know DMC predates Kingdom Hearts).

IMO, while DMC is better, more challenging, less forgiving, and more in depth, DMC is definitely a high maintenance type of game and not for those not willing to commit to what they do.

I still like the KH games though, as much of a cluster molest the universe and story has become.

Next on my log is KH2HD.

Oh and Happy New year.
Good job. Now beat DMC3 or ...I think the Special Edition of DMC3 on Hard (Same as Normal on the original if I'm not mistaken.) and enjoy the best of the Devil slaying series on the PS2.

Top Bottom