• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
jfc guys i just got myself in the most ubelievable situation ever

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Man you're fun to talk to though, I think that's more important to me than watching the pop streams.
No hate on popular streams, but I have more fun when I know the commentator and I can have a conversation.
Honestly, same. I would skip a big VGBC streamed tourney for a Smashfest where the commentator actively talks with the chat (if the chat and commentator isn't ****.) GP&B I think it was whose about of this thread had my favorite Smash stream ever because the commentator and I talked about King of the HIll YTPs together.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Are we supposed to say no like when you say hey guys guess what
yes

I jokingly told a friend of mine "show me your ass". He actually sent me a picture of his ass, and now hes mad as **** because i wont show him my weiner

We **** around a lot so i was certain he knew i was joking but i guess not

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
^Spare us any rants.

@Bleck
Play the game instead of throwing a tantrum about it.
Grow up, while you are at it.

@Smooth Criminal
Who are you and why are you talking at me?

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
"shut up and play the game", so says the man who mostly spends his time looking for the smuggest transformers gif to respond to everyone with

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Well I've found Lucas' new waveshine timing, still will take me a hot minute to adjust and get it 100% of the time but oh well.

I'm so happy about this. If I was uncomfortable with the new timing, I was gonna switch to Wolf but I'm glad that I can work with it. I would genuinely feel bad dropping Lucas because him and I are homies; he and I made some of my best friends not just in Smash, but in general. If I dropped him, it'd be like throwing those memories all away. #MainFeels

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
yes

I jokingly told a friend of mine "show me your ***". He actually sent me a picture of his ***, and now hes mad as **** because i wont show him my weiner

We **** around a lot so i was certain he knew i was joking but i guess not
Send him a pic of an Oscar Mayer.

Jacob29

Smash Ace
I'm not a fan of the upb change though.

Don't get why they felt it needed meddling with again and I'm finding it exceptionally difficult to hog while facing away from the ledge.

Wave landing bowser is amazeballs though.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
@Hylian Who was in charge of Diddy's ballancing? Because I want to thank them for nerfing what needed to be nerfed, while buffing the fun parts of the character. Fantastic job on this character, for reals, I love him.

I also want to slap whoever let this up-throw through, its so good

And z-drop bananas are litterally shine-spikes, thank you based PMDT

While all the other diddy mains are crying I'm just going back to my lab monkey roots
I haven't tested anything out yet, but a pseudo-shine spike is honestly the last thing this game needs.
Man, I'm really loving me some IC's.

Was the Nana dair necessary for continuing that combo, or was it just your dair that hit and combo'd into d-smash?

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
About 3.5, my feedback is mostly positive.

Before everything else, it is a balance patch, and it is a balance patch making the game better. I think a few characters that were perceived to be on the lower end of the field should have been treated differently (for example Jigglypuff, no real change, or Toon Link, who is rather lower mid but was made worse in my opinion) and I am also a bit sad many of the suggestions I posted here once or twice (some of them also weren't good I have to admit but some would have been nice) weren't put in, but I'm no PMDT, so it's also not my business (I still hoped they would see this and be like, "hey thats great"...).

The debug mode is the one thing I like most about 3.5 and I want to thank the PMDT for this explicitly.

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed in regards to the stage changes. I love the new Dreamland, Norfair & Metal Cavern, but I really hoped that there would be either more stages or a playable page one. There were already some rumors about a fixed PS1 and there are a few custom stages out there that I hoped would be added. Also, I liked Skyloft (aesthetically, not in a competitive sense) and I am therefore salty.

I think some of the stuff that is half-way done is also stored for future updates, but we'll see.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Hopefully people still think ICs are ****
I can only lose my mind so many times over hype ICs combos.

And I'd argue that Leffen's fox is much more mango-esque than 20XX
Hax is the true harbinger of 20XX, he's becoming really scary as of late. Frame perfect shield pressure multishine grabs yo, good thing there are physical limitations to learning all that tech skill

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I keep seem mentioned of the new ledge mechanics but I never seen anything of it in the patch notes. What am I missing, i'd really like to know.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
it's in general changes, if you hog it more than five times without getting back on stage, you lose your invincibility on it

Malion

Smash Ace
The slippery stage is a lot of fun.
I kinda wish there was a lowered traction item. Maybe like the ice flower from Mario galaxy that makes you blue and translucent and slippery everywhere. Then obviously a special brawl where everyone is slippery ice people.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Can I just say that I'm absolutely loving SSE right now? I'm having a friggin blast with it thanks to you guys and I already kinda liked it before. <3

Hell, I'm even using the damn stickers this time around. How many people here actually ever bothered to use those? XD

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Oh that, I never seen that as so big a deal. Not often people will plank that long anyway.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
BTW with Mewtwo's tail shortening in 3.5, I will be making gifs comparing the tail range of 3.02 Mewtwo to 3.5 Mewtwo for U-Air, U-Tilt, and B-Air. IDK when I'll finish them and post them, but I thought people would probably be interested in this.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Even with all of these changes that were made for ganondorf, I wasnt able to ditch him for another character, he stole my heart since the beginning of time.

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
In all honesty, I love all the new changes in this demo including the Link changes

However there's 1 thing I need help with, how in the sweet hell do you bomb jump with Link now? It seems random as all ****

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Stamina mode
type 3
damage ratio 1.2
300 HP
3 stock

Literally the best thing ever.

Was in a 3 player match with C falcon, snake and Ike

Snake player had set down a mine and I knee'd the ike. He went flying for a bit then hit the mine. i just randomly threw out a falcon punch and it connected.

both ike and my sides went into orbit after that.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Hell, I'm even using the damn stickers this time around. How many people here actually ever bothered to use those? XD
>.>
<.<
Me? :x

Thoughts on 3.5 thus far? I haven't been able to play, thanks to class and work all weekend...
Pika got butchered, specifically QAC was nerfed the wrong way. He got a few other necessary nerfs along with that so yeah. :( Charizard is good. SSE is fun. Ganon is Brawl MK tier. Physics & gravity, knockback growth, hitstun all got tweaked to resemble Melee much more closely. I haven't played event matches yet (will today) but people are having a blast and saying how difficult they are.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
****ing hell, playing for glory, and I used warlock punch's armor against a falcon punch and it worked, was playing with this guy for an hour but he immediately rage quite after what happened

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I still have some nip-ticks.

Zelda still transform into Sheik. Would have love to see them be truly
individual to themselves.
Lucas still using and saying "PK Thunder. They could have clearly made up something else for him.
Mario still having his Brawl Portrayal. Him not saying his quips, or smiling annoys me..

Calling him "Dedede" instead of "KING Dedede." Really!?

Top Bottom