• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
I lost a whole message from site updates qq

Shout outs to everyone who put up with my stammering commentary, I love commentary lol. Can't belive we ran a 74 man bracket in 5 hours on 10 setups.

3.5 is hype, people complain to much about little things, cough wolf threads cough
Man you're fun to talk to though, I think that's more important to me than watching the pop streams.
No hate on popular streams, but I have more fun when I know the commentator and I can have a conversation.

Anyways...
What do people think about the "hold" setting for pause in tournament matches? Saves people from those dumb accidents since you really have to want to pause to pause.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
A challenge to prove you and your controller are adequate at some of the harder early/double aerials. You would need a camera able to be pointed at the TV to record your performance.

You talking about this "Google hangouts" thing? Why not Skype?
Skype is laggy as hell. Hangouts performs way better.

And I dont have a camera to do so with. But i'm telling you that sh double aerials wouldn't even work if you could do them because too much kb and or endlag on Squirtle's moves.

Except maybe uair. Idk tho. I've been too busy practicing Hype Jet.

Kati

Smash Lord
But it's only a frame-one safe-on-shield jump-cancellable semi-spike combo-starter stall, what do you mean overcentralizing?

It also does that thing that was the basis for its original name too... refractor? revisor? returner? bah who cares let's all just multi shine. :p

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Well of course Skype sucks but that's what everyone uses. The only thing worse I can imagine than having Skype open is having Skype plus another chat thing open.

Scary world we live in where most people don't own devices capable of capturing video, are you going to draw a portrait of the aliens when they visit you? Well they can probly disable most electronics anyways, so you may be a step ahead of me.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Well of course Skype sucks but that's what everyone uses. The only thing worse I can imagine than Skype is having Skype plus another chat thing open.

Scary world we live in where most people don't own devices capable of capturing video, are you going to draw a portrait of the aliens when they visit you?
My drawings are bomb as ****, of course I will.

Attachments

SpiderMad

Smash Master
SpiderMad plz, it would be a pain in the *** to record video of smash with my phone while playing smash
You can also use the Wifi/Replay version just by replacing the ~10kb .gct file in the codes folder (renaming the previous to something else instead of deleting it), that is a 30 second operation at most. Then just save the replay and record with your phone.

http://projectmgame.com/en/download

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
No Johns

Taking phone videos for mad is like a rite of passage

You need to either take a video of your hands while playing or post a selfie

For "research" Kappa

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad I'm hitting the lab right now, going to record debug mode of wolf's shield pressure if I can get it working for gifs, anything in particular you want me to record besides basic stuff?

Edit: Challonge of our Arcadian http://challonge.com/PMarcadianSingle

I had to swap myself from like 14th seed to 33rd or something, which was essentially bottom seed because I played seed 1 round 2, because we did pretty much random seeding outside of top 20 or so and I didn't want these two brothers to to play round 1 >.> Went 1-2, not salty because my first responsibility was to TOing, but damn I should have won both of the sets I lost. I got one of them recorded though, It was the best I've played on a recording set up ever so I'll have to post it so you guys can pick it apart, the fox threads are straight dead anyway.

What the hell am I supposed to do to punish Lucarios smashes on shield, Like he can just Fsmash> ASC and its safe, no one else gets to smash my shield and not get wavedash>grabbed, wth is that. Super lame, I had no idea how to adapt to that. Frustrating because I was winning neutral the whole set

Anyway, I just drank 4 cups of coffee, time to hit the lab.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Failure to comply will result in prompt disposal of varying privileges to adequate access on future impromptu video viewing rights towards all unlisted media portrayed material on PMDepot and its subsidiaries accounts regarding M2K and his ability to sign objects at lightning speed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=256GP99HYLA

Uhhh Wolf and Debug menu? Oh wait yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eCO-ABIl44#t=476 Do this in as many fashions as you can with Wolf concerning shine to WL edge cancel DJ Blaster WL or something
@ Soft Serve Soft Serve

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't understand analog sticks on controllers with no notches. This XBOX Playstation crap is silly. Nintendo is the only company that has notches. And they stopped.

The N64 controller was the first home controller with a thumb-operated analog stick and it had notches. The Gamecube controller has notches. The Wii nunchuck has notches. The Wii U gamepad has no notches. Seriously. What the hell. Notches are actually important, people. Jeezus.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

Attachments

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Failure to comply will result in prompt disposal of varying privileges to adequate access on future impromptu video viewing rights towards all unlisted media portrayed material on PMDepot and its subsidiaries accounts regarding M2K and his ability to sign objects at lightning speed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=256GP99HYLA

Uhhh Wolf and Debug menu? Oh wait yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eCO-ABIl44#t=476 Do this in as many fashions as you can with Wolf
@ Soft Serve Soft Serve
Zero to death fox? or something specific in there, the shine>waveland on platform?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Is it not apparent I'm the king of edits?

@ PlateProp PlateProp Good, I'll come up with some for 3.5. Do you have any secondaries you're familiar with, otherwise I might give you any character's.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Is it not apparent I'm the king of edits?

@ PlateProp PlateProp Good, I'll come up with some for 3.5. Do you have any secondaries you're familiar with, otherwise I might give you any character's.
I meant Kay to not being able to watch m2k signing things 8D

Besides, I have pictures of my dog doing random things instead

Attachments

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Well it was all (going) to answer your question and enlighten you about double aerials for Squirtle and such. Or at least start you on the path to.

@ Soft Serve Soft Serve what? Oh and also I think you can do the blaster WL off stage to DJ blaster on a stage's ledges itself, but you'd have to be fast enough to hold down to not grab the ledge from the WL off stage and instead get the DJ: test that

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Man, I'm really loving me some IC's.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sleep is for the normal people.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I used to be able to forgo sleep. Then I got old... It'll happen to you!

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So De-bug mode is really hard to use for what I wanted to do it with
Eh, no biggie

But like, bruh
New Diddy?
why are people saying he's destroyed

He's god damned amazing wtf

Nair actually has hitboxes now, greatest juggle aerial ever

Up-throw combos into everything at every percent

Air banana hits are basically shine spikes

New up-tilt is great for juggles

"Oh no, my recovery isn't super free, I have to DI now. I can't gain control over the whole stage if they leave me alone for 140 frames, this character is trash. Nooooo, My moves have comitment now, what ever will I do!"

This diddy is amazing

tilt banana pull lands right next to diddy too, its so good

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
So De-bug mode is really hard to use for what I wanted to do it with
Eh, no biggie

But like, bruh
New Diddy?

He's god damned amazing wtf

Nair actually has hitboxes now, greatest juggle aerial ever

Up-throw combos into everything at every percent

Air banana hits are basically shine spikes

New up-tilt is great for juggles

"Oh no, my recovery isn't super free, I have to DI now. I can't gain control over the whole stage if they leave me alone for 140 frames, this character is trash. Nooooo, My moves have comitment now, what ever will I do!"

This diddy is amazing
I think because the only diddy on [redacted]'s stream was playing campy and hardly using anything but upsmash...

I don't play Diddy, and I haven't played very many Diddies, but I'm kind of glad he got changed before I had to. That playstyle looked hella annoying to play against, and the dittos were ugh why am I watching this. Also Diddy's voice SFX are crazy loud to me for some reason (Jump, throw, smash attacks, etc.)

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Thinking is hard bruv.

Also about Lucario, safety on hit is his entire thing. As an Ike player I'm dead if I'm caught in my shield anyways, so it's not as noticeable that you have to not rely on shield as much v/s Luc.

Fighting Aura man is all about exploiting his poor approach w/o Aura and out-spacing him, really. Was never hard to gimp but should be easier in 3.5 too.

Or you could just stop being cheap and buy your Fox a sword

My Ike has a spare Alondite now that you could borrow

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
@ Hylian Hylian Who was in charge of Diddy's ballancing? Because I want to thank them for nerfing what needed to be nerfed, while buffing the fun parts of the character. Fantastic job on this character, for reals, I love him.

I also want to slap whoever let this up-throw through, its so good

And z-drop bananas are litterally shine-spikes, thank you based PMDT

While all the other diddy mains are crying I'm just going back to my lab monkey roots

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
A lot of people contributed to and tested Diddies 3.5 design.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think Leffen might actually be the closest to 20XX Fox... like man... seriously. People give him crap for a lot of legitimate reasons, but he plays so damn well. Hax just spams tech skill. Mango is goat and gets inside your head. But Leffen is seriously gonna be the 20XX guy. Jesus.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Despite how I feel about the necessary QA nerfs, and you can read it here if you missed it, I feel like I should give credit to everything else they did incredibly right at the same time.

Metal Cavern is simply beautiful. I played SSE a bit yesterday but I was able to use Pokemon Trainer (I had thought selecting him gave you Mewtwo) and got the resulting glitches. The theme changes are great. The new font is interesting, but feels strange on your selected character's display, like it's been squished too tightly. Charizard is amazing. Overall it is much harder to recover, not just from recovery nerfs but from knockback growth that combined with hitlag makes for gloriously fast KOs. I don't really like the purple Wizard hat on Pika, since blue was such a classic from Melee. Maybe they could add blue back and have both? I can see how purple helps people distinguish the game so they don't fall into another playstyle. Pika's PT cap is awesome. I feel like I'll be permanently using PT cap Pika unless a better alt comes out later. Armored Charizard is pretty nice too but the way the metal is up around his eyes makes him look a little odd (more noticeable in the art) and he would look badass if some metal was trimmed from around his eyes. I noticed there are a lot of darker-themed alts featuring black and red such as Mewtwo's new armor and Lucario sporting Smash 4 shiny Pika's headband (with pants to boot! true martial artist).

Today I'll have to explore the Stamina All Star and Event modes, since I was really exhausted yesterday from the waiting hype and just stopped playing after PT glitched out SSE.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

y'all should make up a list of desynchs on PM icies one day

like they're pretty good I bet, but nobody actually has an understanding of their potential because every time someone asks the response is "go learn them yourself", and having to spend days learning the bare-bones basics of how a character functions because nobody wants to give much documentation on them isn't too appealing to the average player when nearly every other character's potential is immediately obvious

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
What? In regards to 3.5?

Light press air dodge still exists, as well as custom buffer in the Wifi set. Those two are the most important.
Early aerials you couldn't do in Melee (like Falco's SH AC Uair and Marth's SH Bair Fair/Uair/Dair) still exist; which may be the third most important.
and finally: C-stick MW still exists.

The longer wavedashes are weird but make the game faster it seems, with Cfalc especially.
Marth, Cfalc, Ganon, Wolf: they all feel like kinda of fast/good. Wolf's laser has better landing detection or somethin.

Hits overall are a lot weaker often kind of like in Melee, don't know the exact things going to get this effect.

Lol I'm gonna miss 100+ people in this thread.

I hope most of the global DACUS don't become super useful, SBad uses them so much it actually starts to look distastefully over-useable lol
The suicide video was posted on response to the "delayed" release and was of a politician shooting himself in the mouth in an official gathering

That was sexy
I'm trying to learn melee ICs so I can play them in PM when I get it. Is fthrow nana wavedash downsmash a thing? And back throw nana wavedash regrab on fastfallers?

Floursnail

Smash Rookie
Why did they remove the elemental resistances of the pikmins!! whyyy!! everyone who played pikmin probably died a little i mean that's one of the reasons why they have different colours at all.

Top Bottom