• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Yeah I'm hearing some sound effect changes in a few characters myself I kind of don't like

Wonder what character I'm gonna go for this Sunday weekly semi-fake tournament

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
MK was stupid, you were just too blinded by even more stupider characters to realize it.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Not going to edit for the sake of that post.
was going to say that I need to adjust to it

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
MK was stupid, you were just too blinded by even more stupider characters to realize it.
That maybe the case considering I would put him in top 10 in 3.02. But care to elaborate?
On a different subject, who do you guys think will reign supreme this time around? I feel that Melee veterans have risen and Roy will be pretty dominant. Ike and Wolf might also come out on top. I haven't touched some characters yet (and I can't, damn disc!) so I don't know all the changes, but who else was killed?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm noticing they globalized most the SDI modifiers back to normal (1.0) while I go through this change list some'mow

Last edited:

White Light

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone in here know how to access debug mode? I've figured out how to do all star versus and stamina, but not debug mode. Thanks in advance.

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
I'm also curious as to why they changed his Dair. It was fine in 3.02 tbh. Hell, it even helped me with my L-Cancel timing :ohwell:
Yeah it sucks. His dair was not only a cool homage to his boss battles but also a pretty good tool of getting on stage and punishing people who don't crouch cancel. They should at least speed up the dair he has now. It is way too slow to be viable at all.

Bleck

Smash Master
they changed his down air because nobody is allowed to have approaches that aren't shffld aerials or wavedash into fast-frame attacks

'balance' is apparently a synonym for 'homogeny'

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
they changed his down air because nobody is allowed to have approaches that aren't shffld aerials or wavedash into fast-frame attacks

Lunchables already explained that the dive dair pretty much negated the notion of positional advantage.

And I agree, shffls are just so boring. I would much rather have sonic spindash or Yoshi side b, or maybe even warp into hover nair. Or maybe not even approach at all and spam pills all day. IT JUST ADDS SO MUCH DEPTH

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

"but the shine is okay, because melee"
bleck do you just have a vendetta or something?

i love you homie but ****.

nigga you actin like you got beef or some ****.

bruh.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Shine is pretty dumb

I wish we could have a Fax/Falco that wasnt based around spam lazors til you can shine destruct your opponent, but we cant have nice things

CURSE YOU SAKURAAAAAAAIIIIIII!

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Just played it, wow, really like the changes.

And I'm really happy they fixed the trophy/movie bug that was in Classic Mode.

Bleck

Smash Master
that's actually really insulting lol.
yeah sorry I'm just really frustrated

I'm just really interested in PM conceptually and I hate to see it homogenized in the manner it has been because any single good thing that a non-spacie has is "cheese" and "overcentralizing" but the melee peeps having a single move that defines them in a manner that warps the metagame which you know is sort of cheesy and overcentralizing is totally okay and whenever I'm like why are we okay with this just because Melee everyone else is like of course it's not just because Melee and I'm like how do you figure and they're like uhhh just get good nooblord

like I totally understand wanting a faster and more intimate game than Brawl was but I don't understand why "fast" is synonymous with "only Fox is allowed to be good"

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium

I'm just really interested in PM conceptually and I hate to see it homogenized in the manner it has been because any single good thing that a non-spacie has is "cheese" and "overcentralizing" but the melee peeps having a single move that defines them in a manner that warps the metagame which you know is sort of cheesy and overcentralizing is totally okay and whenever I'm like why are we okay with this just because Melee everyone else is like of course it's not just because Melee and I'm like how do you figure and they're like uhhh just get good nooblord

like I totally understand wanting a faster and more intimate game than Brawl was but I don't understand why "fast" is synonymous with "only Fox is allowed to be good"
But it's only a frame-one safe-on-shield jump-cancellable semi-spike combo-starter stall, what do you mean overcentralizing?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Yeah it sucks. His dair was not only a cool homage to his boss battles but also a pretty good tool of getting on stage and punishing people who don't crouch cancel. They should at least speed up the dair he has now. It is way too slow to be viable at all.
Maybe a spike, or maybe just a meteor for his Dair... just maybe.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

i can understand your viewpoint but yeah try not to be so hostile and just rude lol.

i dont know if you've been around for a long time or not, but fox and falco been toned down multiple times before so its not like nothing is being done.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Falco receiving those non-nerfs, I knew they didn't have it in em to do something big.

And yeah, shine is kinda the character, but honestly Spacies don't win nearly as many match-ups anymore.

@ Bleck Bleck , your unending salt fuels me

About the difference between A game being good because it sells and a game selling because it is good:

You are right, there is a difference, but that is precisely why you're wrong. If you say Brawl sold well because it is a good game instead of vice versa, you are starting by stating that Brawl is a good game (as if it were a truism).​

Next time I'll just shut down your faulty logic from the get-go instead of interpreting it in a way that gives you a second chance.​
Says the shut-in.

Smooth Criminal
Says the guy who signs all of his messages on an Internet forum. Your persona is going to your head.

I'm most hype about subspace.
Can you play MM and OoT songs on the ocarina taunt with the same accuracy, or are some things just not possible?

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The hitbox turns half its size and weak like 6 frames faster, beyond the placement moved up and such

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Says the guy who signs all of his messages on an Internet forum. Your persona is going to your head.
Says the guy that dredges up old **** about sal----

Ah, ****, this ain't gonna get us anywhere. Fine. Sorry, Mech, didn't mean to call you out on labeling a body neurotic and dysfunctional almost hypocritically (arguably hyperbolical, too). You deserve an apology too, Lizalfos. For what I don't know, but...there's something there. Maybe it has to do with the forest for the trees (or is it the tree for the forest?), and how you can't see past it.

See, I even threw in a touch of my apologetic IRL self for good measure! How's that for a persona?

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Acceptable.

I have to bring up old salt when after the last post I made people agree with Bleck over me. Losing an argument is shameful. I trained in the mountains to bring my inner salt to new heights, so one day I could redeem my honor. Today is that day.

This is way less glamorous than I imagined it being.

Last edited:
Top Bottom