• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Seems Falcon can still grab the ledge from side B onstage, but only about 90% of the time. Might have something to do with the ECB, if that's still a thing.

EDIT: Did the CPU level names change? I'm pretty sure the level 9 was called Nasty, not Cruel.
You have to hold back or something like that to grab the edge from the stage with SideB. I think it was in the patch notes.

And the level name changes were the first thing I noticed lol. Some are absolutely hilarious.

EDIT: ninja'd in every way possible lol

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Ganons the same. You have to hold the direction of the stage as you fall off (so if you were going right you'd hold left as you fell offstage)

Also yeah they did change the names. Dunno why bc nobody reads them or puts them to anything except 9
I know about the change to Side B, my point is that you can still grab the ledge most of the time without holding a direction.

Last edited:

Malion

Smash Ace
I noticed the wall in Training Room doesn't stop someone from going through it from left to right in Stamina no-blast zone mode.
It's kind of weird how characters just phase through it and I don't know if this is alterable at all because it would be cool to have people just bounce back off of it and end up on the right side again.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Twitch.tv/azprojectmelee

Come join me on the stream, I'll be commentating most of the night :)

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Hey why is it when waveland and during so press grab it shields instead? Has that always been a thing or is that a glitch?
I know this has been discussed many times but... Whats your guys opinion on the whole Knuckles, Lyn and Sami thing in Project M?
I'm good with Lyn and Sami, not sure about Knuckles but he's probably fine and not like the Sonic clone metal image I have of him right now

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Hey why is it when waveland and during so press grab it shields instead? Has that always been a thing or is that a glitch?
That happens when you press grab a few frames before you can act out of waveland. The grab button is actually a macro for attack + shield. Because when you press the button, you actually hold it for maybe 3-4 frames, when you can act the game reads your input and sees only shield, because attack is not an input you can hold.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

I'm good with Lyn and Sami, not sure about Knuckles but he's probably fine and not like the Sonic clone metal image I have of him right now
Are you implying that you've played Sami and Lyn?

Also assuming you grab with Z, holding down Z always does shield..... That's what I think you mean anyway :p

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I wonder if my mario mix dance pad will work.
Having tried it, it works but you can only use B, Z, A, start and D-pad so there are no movement options.
I actually got a kill with a falcon punch once using it.
If we badger @standardtoaster enough maybe he'll let us change d-pad inputs.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
i wanted to try doing an all character all star match but it keeps freezing like 7 stocks in :/

Malion

Smash Ace
Having tried it, it works but you can only use B, Z, A, start and D-pad so there are no movement options.
I actually got a kill with a falcon punch once using it.
If we badger @standardtoaster enough maybe he'll let us change d-pad inputs.
It'd be great for rocking out on Link's ocarina at least.

Swampy948

Smash Cadet
Has anyone noticed the AI has improved phenomenally? Turn on a level nine Falco, Fox, or Wolf. These guys are all over the place

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I hope we Roy's can learn to make PMDT regret giving us a spike. Dash grab change is irrelevant because you should always JC grab anyway and thus never see it. Sideb clanking just makes sense, not really a big deal. Jab is 3 frames faster and they got similar range. So Jab is probably still better. Will need to test SideB though.
Don't forget about the universal DACUS change and Roy players don't have to change their controls or do it claw style anymore.

So far all Roy players confirm it feels harder to hit so it gotta be true. I never considered sideb's use when recovering. That is a good point.
It's harder to hit the sweetspot on side. Almost melee hitbox sweetspot. Also is it just me or DED 3rd hit down is nerfed somehow I find it harder to hit all of the flames on the move in general now as opposed to before?

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Has anyone noticed the AI has improved phenomenally? Turn on a level nine Falco, Fox, or Wolf. These guys are all over the place
Yeah they're so all over the place they go to the blast zones all by themselves

JK they're really great to play against, just a bit disappointing to see Falco fair his way to the bottom of the map every time you go close to the ledge.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So I've been messing around with Roy in 3.5 and found that if you are in Turbo (pretty sure it works on Turbo mode as well) and do an Up B and press Neutral B during it, you'll get flung up towards the ceiling blast zone.....it was also in 3.02.
Has that always just been a thing or what?

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
So I've been messing around with Roy in 3.5 and found that if you are in Turbo (pretty sure it works on Turbo mode as well) and do an Up B and press Neutral B during it, you'll get flung up towards the ceiling blast zone.....it was also in 3.02.
Has that always just been a thing or what?
Initial velocity for all the FE characters and other characters as well during their up B are really high and slow down as they go up, but if you cancel the animation early you get incredible speeds shooting you upwards.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
7 stocks in? Are you running of the disk? Cause on Dolphin It works fine and apparently it can freeze when running on disk.
Soo.. I won't be able to do it because I play on a wii and not an emulator?

That's really disappointing.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Thinking about the changelog, I can't help but think that all the nerfs are just a distraction so the PMDT could sneak by the fact that Tink's boomerang does 19 damage when sweetspotted.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Im fine with the fact that tink got his brawl nair back, but the sfx change is disgusting, maybe I just need t

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
My luck has just gotten bad. First my boy MK is nerfed to poop. I get past that and try new people. I start to enjoy Charizard a lot for some reason. But then I get a random freeze. I try again and guess what!? My Brawl disc is broken. RIP 12-26-08 - 11-15-14. You will be missed. But honestly why did they completely kill MK, Sonic, and Diddy? Diddy I can understand, Sonic was hit a little too hard, but MK (besides his recovery) was unnecessarily nerfed.

Well whatever I guess. Charizard and Ike are looking real good right now. Wolf, Falcon, ZSS, Shiek, and others are too. Off to Amazon for another disc.

Top Bottom