• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
You guys are not making the 3.0 wait any easier. Really, are we going to get something regarding extremely rough/trollish release estimates?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I feel sorry for anyone who wasn't able to make it to The Big House 3 so they could have the chance to demo Roy and Mewtwo. There was so much hype in the venue during the trailer lol

E: it says Winter 2013, raccoon chuck

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
We haven't even gotten to alternate costumes other than Doc yet. This may even surpass Demo 2.0 in the "Holy Essay Chai Tea New Content" department.

Edit: You guys got to demo Mewtwo too?! Lucky!

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
That stage was pretty plain, dont know 'bout it. Mewtwo's stadium from brawl vault, maybe?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Character page thing I noticed:

NOSTALGIC MOVESET

Every single attack that Mewtwo has at his disposal in Super Smash Bros. Melee are restored in Project M, with several improvements! His Side Special, Confusion, is now larger and is a better setup for combos. Confusion also properly reflects projectiles now. His Shadowball , so he's able to harrass from a distnace much more effectively. Of course, his staple moves such as Down-Throw, Down-Tilt, and Up-Throw have been restored to their former glory.

Engrish ftw!

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
I feel sorry for anyone who wasn't able to make it to The Big House 3 so they could have the chance to demo Roy and Mewtwo. There was so much hype in the venue during the trailer lol

E: it says Winter 2013, raccoon chuck
jeez i thought that was going to be streamed or something

Rikana

Smash Champion
The gameplay clips you see on the trailer consist of TAS and real gameplays.

Edit: you guys have no idea how hard it was to hold this info in for such a long time.

himemiya

Smash Lord
I'm honestly banking on M2K, melee mewtwo mains, mayyyybe taj being the few ones that actually develop any hard metagame w/r/t mewtwo

that movement stuff probably looks scary as hell to a new player, I doubt people will be maining him
I'll try to main/2nd it. He seems fun and combo happy its wroth testing it out.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Oh. I see.

This Mewtwo reminds me of Magneto because he has purple stuff and can cancel stuff in midair.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The whole "breaking out of glass chamber" animation would be amazing as a character intro. Think about the awesomeness for a second.

Mewtwo doesn't even have a set intro, so anything is possible.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
You could put anything over Shadow Moses and the folks would love them for it.(Hate that Stage). Anyway, did they put Mewtwo over Peach? Lucario doesn't share much with him in retrospect, or did they simply use assets of both?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
You could put anything over Shadow Moses and the folks would love them for it.(Hate that Stage). Anyway, did they put Mewtwo over Peach? Lucario doesn't share much with him in retrospect, or did they simply use assets of both?
If I'm not mistaken, Lucario is the base (for the projectile and command grab). Apparently they just copypasted Peach's float mechanic over and heavily modified it.

Kati

Smash Lord
PMBR needs to put that new M2 stage on their official stages page
It is incredibly wide and has terrible ledges... so they would need to over haul it like they did with the jungle.

After playing on Sluigi's subspace stage for the last few months, I feel that it is just a better version of Dracula's castle. I really like Dracula's castle, but being able to see characters recovering along the wall is nice.

Kati

Smash Lord
Doubtful that they would release Roy and M2 without testing Kirby's copy functionality. Though it is funny that two characters from melee are going to be available before some that made it into brawl.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I think I learned a way to replace multiple files on an ISO instead of doing them one by one on WiiScrubber.

Time to free up ~750MB on my SD Card huehuehue.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I thought it was already confirmed that all the characters would be done by 3.0, idk

I just want them on the basis that, compared to brand spanking new characters, any character reveal of the brawl cast is gonna be boring as hell

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
still hoping/waiting for a project m original character
PMBR, you have the guts for that right?
my bets are still for plusle and minun, that would be neat, having a hard time figuring out who else to include that would make sense tho

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
still hoping/waiting for a project m original character
PMBR, you have the guts for that right?
my bets are still for plusle and minun, that would be neat, having a hard time figuring out who else to include that would make sense tho
Yo. We nerfed spacies.

We got the balls for anything.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
I would rather have a non-electirc mouse pokemon than plusle or minun, even though that would be cool. Let's bring in Ryu for demo 3.5.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I would rather have a non-electirc mouse pokemon than plusle or minun, even though that would be cool.
As much as the cast is full of pokemon chars, there's a lot to work with with a ice climbers/pikachu hybrid
down-b sending a jolt between the pair is the coolest thing I can think of, everything else that comes with that territory is cool by default

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Isn't the 1 char being 2 in 1 enough? Theres a reason they dropped them in the 1st place. A Castlevania char would make more sense.
I want Alukard so bad, but the question is would Konami care?
As much as the cast is full of pokemon chars, there's a lot to work with with a ice climbers/pikachu hybrid
down-b sending a jolt between the pair is the coolest thing I can think of, everything else that comes with that territory is cool by default
Didn't Pichus also fight primarily in pairs/packs?
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/4/46/Pichu_Brothers.png/250px-Pichu_Brothers.png
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110521171804/pokemon/images/4/46/Pichu_Brothers.png
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081111225304/pokemon/images/c/c8/Pichu_Brothers.jpg

MVP

Smash Ace
Just way cooler. :mewtwomelee:

Also, sharing a float makes him a clone (inb4 he is a clone of :151:) just like Charizard is a clone of MK because they share a glide. Dat logic.

Shell revealed he's using Lucario as a base with Peach's float cancel as a bonus move.

the logic i had was not only the float cancel, but the double jump and the stats of peach....

but you're probably right, it most likely is lucario....

and on another thought, if they can add new tools to melee vets (like the float) what new tools could they add to samus, kirby, ic and yoshi!!!!!

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
HOLY **** M2K BEAT HBOX IN WINNERS FINALS

EDIT: AND THEN HE BEAT HIM IN GF?!?! WHO IS THIS MAN?!

EDIT2: Huge shout outs to Jugglyguy for running this tourney and PMBR for the PM side. I've been feeling down for the past few months, but this has easily been the best weekend I have ever had for a long time.

Top Bottom