• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I CAN do that, yes, but it still feels weird b/c now I have to push it in fully

I'm opening up my controller anyway, might as well do that (and maybe take out the rumble pack? who knows)

The point of doing it is to make light presses work like hard presses, so you definitely shouldn't have to push it in fully. o_O It should respond even with a light press.

I guess you can just take the spring out anyway, I personally hate doing that cause I play Melee and Sunshine as well, though. <_<

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
that isn't how it works, jolteon. if you hold your trigger in as you plug your controller into the wii, it will completely ignore light presses entirely.

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
I'm opening up my controller anyway, might as well do that (and maybe take out the rumble pack? who knows)
But rumble is so awesome. :(
Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure if I know when rumble is triggered or if I can even feel it. I always see people turning it off in the name control menu.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
it just makes the controller a bit lighter, a minor convenience mostly.

also yeah what SB said. I can just get another controller for cheap if I care, but until then I mostly play P:M on a wii so w/e

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
You are probably just used to it. I play without rumble and can notice it immediately if I forgot to turn it off.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Wait, 2.6.B? I see... likely just bug fixes, but you never know.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Hmm, yeah. Maybe would could suggest some kind of list, that contained all the changes.., Nah, it'll never happen.
Not having any changes is frustrating because now I've got to look through everything to re-customize and make sure that I'm not over-writing important details. I noticed the gct, common5, and probably a few more files were bigger than they were in the previous release.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Changelist tonight? Sounds good to me! :)

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Its almost 3 am, my night is close to end; I WANT MY CHANG LIST NOW

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I know that this isn't a "balance" patch, but does that completely eliminate the idea of character modification? :/
Edit: Scrap that, you guys have a nice habit of staying true to your words.
Except for the Pichu 3.0 thing. XD

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I think that I'll have to wait for about 5 hours... And maybe just sleep instead of waiting; I'm expecting to find dat list when I revive from my small death, so don't let me down

Kati

Smash Lord
^!!!

I think the jungle's platforms were fixed too!

2.6 we hardly knew thee, and we never knew your changelist.

long live 2.6b.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You guys need a "changed files" download for the like b versions of PM

It wastes precious minutes of my time with my slow as **** SD card adapter to port everything over =p

The_NZA

Smash Lord
You guys need a "changed files" download for the like b versions of PM

It wastes precious minutes of my time with my slow as **** SD card adapter to port everything over =p
Hey, I was looking for you response in that topic where you said PM is like Brawl +. Mind replying?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Hey, I was looking for you response in that topic where you said PM is like Brawl +. Mind replying?
Ask the community of any other game that's balanced way higher than Melee and how it keeps its diversity.

A good place to start would be Marvel.

Another place would be, if you really couldn't leave the tiny genre we have for any reason, Brawl-.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Ask the community of any other game that's balanced way higher than Melee and how it keeps its diversity.

A good place to start would be Marvel.

Wait,"Marvel v there-are-only-4-viable-characters 2" or MvC3 where Xfactor and triple character teams make individual tiered characters less important?

Also, other fighting games ARENT smash. Smash is a game where mobility counts for a hell of a lot more. They've implemented things like Super armor (which is in other fighting games) to give bigass tanks like Bowser a chance against mobility, but overdoing things like that is pretty cheeky in smash (last i checked, melee purists hated superarmor). PLease respond in that thread so we can carry on the discussion you were so interested in instigating. For the record, here was my post:

"Fox is as good as he is because in addition to certain uncharacteristically good moves (uair, usmash), he has incredible speed and an abusable 1 frame all-utility move (shine) that takes advantage of his speed. If a character wants to be as good as Fox, they need some gimmick like shine that is "broken", and they need real character attributes that put that character well ahead of the PM2.6 cast. I don't think you can give 32 characters (yet alone 10 characters) a silly 1 frame-esque gimmick, some overblown stat similar to speed, and crazy kill moves without homogenizing the play styles in the game. I mean, 2.5 Sonic in a way was the "new fox" with infinite possibilities. But if we get 10 characters like that, how far can we push it without making everyone a fast rush down character?

Ultimately, Ike and Lucario, while very good in 2.1, were also braindead and bad for the game. From what I hear, they offered certain advantages that made the game less interesting and allowed worse players to negate the talent of better players. I bet you could develop 3 or 4 rewardingcharacters bulit around a gimmick like shine, but I don't think you could make more characters than that that have all purpose amazing gimmicks and are still not braindead."

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Wait,"Marvel v there-are-only-4-viable-characters 2" or MvC3 where Xfactor and triple character teams make individual tiered characters less important?

Also, other fighting games ARENT smash. Smash is a game where mobility counts for a hell of a lot more. They've implemented things like Super armor (which is in other fighting games) to give bigass tanks like Bowser a chance against mobility, but overdoing things like that is pretty cheeky in smash (last i checked, melee purists hated superarmor). PLease respond in that thread so we can carry on the discussion you were so interested in instigating.
Out of interest of this conversation, where was this argument originally instigated? I'd like to read it.

Top Bottom