• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bob

Banned via Warnings
wtf is trajectory DI?
Trajectory DI is the lesser used "technical term" for "normal" DI. This is the form of DI triggered by pressing Up or Down upon getting hit that is not SDI (or, Smash Directional Influence).

Trajectory DI is why a move with a Trajectory (hence the name) of 90° (or: perfect vertical ↑) can launch opponents diagonally (depending on the game, the change would be 90° -> 70°/110°, or 90° -> 72°/108°).

I'd like this value to be changed to 8. That would be truly helpful for me.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Why though?

Also what game has a max DI deviation of 20 degrees? melee/PM are ~18 degrees, iirc brawl's changes based on how close the initial angle is to horizontal (maxing at 24? That number is familiar), 64 has no trajectory DI, and Sm4sh has way less than Melee/PM but has vectoring as an addition.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
Why though?

Also what game has a max DI deviation of 20 degrees? melee/PM are ~18 degrees, iirc brawl's changes based on how close the initial angle is to horizontal (maxing at 24? That number is familiar), 64 has no trajectory DI, and Sm4sh has way less than Melee/PM but has vectoring as an addition.
Brawl's is 20. The 18 degrees that PM provides isn't sufficient for what I need to do. This will help me significantly.

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
I'm hearing conflicting stories so I gotta ask the one place where peeps might know what's up without actually exposing myself to those Melee people; is Melee's blanket ban on non GC controllers, and subsequently the smashbox, justified? I keep hearing the box gives ease of access to tech but statements on both sides of these sound pretty charged

Plus the reason I read about the ban, that it was because "playing on a GameCube Controller is “intrinsic to what we consider “playing Melee” and the skills involved in doing so" sounds just so silly

Bob

Banned via Warnings
I'm hearing conflicting stories so I gotta ask the one place where peeps might know what's up without actually exposing myself to those Melee people; is Melee's blanket ban on non GC controllers, and subsequently the smashbox, justified? I keep hearing the box gives ease of access to tech but statements on both sides of these sound pretty charged

Plus the reason I read about the ban, that it was because "playing on a GameCube Controller is “intrinsic to what we consider “playing Melee” and the skills involved in doing so" sounds just so silly
You'd be better off taking this to the Melee thread. This is for Project M discussion only.

Anyways,

If any of you can make that code, it would be much appreciated. Alternatively, pointing me to the addresses and values to replace would also help as well. Is there, by the way, an address list, or must it be discovered independently?

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
this is the social thread leave her alone. stop begging for ppl to code for you dude. no one wants to help you.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
this is the social thread leave her alone. stop begging for ppl to code for you dude. no one wants to help you.
Honesty over Ignorance. I have no tolerance for people like that. Dealing with people like you is much preferable to the infinitely rude "topic-resets" that people in socials so commonly do.

When somebody makes the code, send it to me via PM.

Last edited:

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Rip lost 1st round losers top 64. Im too rusty these days. Ggs to all, had fun but i think im gonna go back to retired mode. These bigger tourneys show Im lacking sheer hours put into the grind to keep up. One 2/3 set not enough to bridge the gap each time lol. I dont have the drive anymore, i keep delaying accepting that.

I still believe you dont ever quit Smash, cause the community is awesome. But its def a lacking prospect atm
We're all brothers and sisters in Smash. It has been an honor serving with you, sir. May the Falcons bring you many knees.

WacoMeleeFam4Life!

SpiderMad

Smash Master
i know there's a lot of pm archival people who visit this thread. does anyone have the original project m trailer? can't seem to find it on youtube anymore
The one made by Archangel? (previously spamarrows or something)

Last edited:

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman

I do not believe it's justified. They allow for modding the Gamecube controller in ways like notching and spring removal, but this was not the intended design of the controller as Nintendo made it. And people with notches have an edge over people who do not, and it's expensive to get the job done right so it's not necessarily accessible to everyone either. The B0XX supposedly giving players an advantage is treated as an issue while notches are not, which I think is dissonance. They should not ban the B0XX because it would have more longevity than the GC controller and value over time, as well as being easier on the hands. No other fighting game community than the Melee community treats certain controllers as the sacred end all be all.

As for the B0XX's properties, it makes inputs digital as opposed to analog, and I believe it has a modifier button in order to simulate some degree of... degrees. It makes dashing easier because you're getting the full value everytime you press the button unlike a GC controller where you might mess up moving the thumbstick all the way. You can also program the angle directional inputs go at, so instead of being fully 180 degrees for a backward movement, you can make it like 181 degrees or something, which is just below the center of the thumbstick, and that can give you a longer wavedash than normal people can do because of concerns about air dodging horizontally.

There's some other stuff the B0XX can do but it comes down to a matter of its programming. Concerns about cheating, like turbo buttons, are the most legitimate while also being the least realistic. I doubt the Project M community would be as vehemently against the controller, and I hope Hax makes it available for Project M players. I'd buy it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Smh I already have a California driver's license and I just moved here. Step your game up, Toaster!

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I want to a-ask something...

I k-know I'm sad t-that Project M has came to the end... B-but, even after looking through the message... the reason still looked obscure, a-at least to me...

W-why did the developement h-halt to the end? W-what was the new work that t-they were trying to work o-on?

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
are you roleplaying as a damaged anime girl or some ****.

officially, PM halted development as a "business decision." there has been no information released that disagrees w/ the official statement afaik? but yeah most people just think it was something else. the official statement is vague, likely on purpose. there's no better answer i think.

Top Bottom