• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
I've been introduced to the fact that the PSN has free games by recommendation of a friend.

Now I've downloaded Paladins and Warframe, and Life is Strange is in the Library for another time. I think I'll check in there more often, who knows what will await

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I brought 2.5 to the weekly last night

giant nostalgia trip and i had a **** night b/c of it

I miss pms

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
juxtaposed has always been my fave word. second place is probably ephemeral.

blog: i get my car back sometime this week-ish after going a few months w/o one, but this time i'll own it and have my own insurance and stuff. still not in school, stopped taking my depression meds about a month after starting them. my new job at an amazon fulfillment centre is hard and sucks the life out of me. 10 hour work days suck. i saw the pirates of the caribbean movie w/ my grandmother and little brother tonight and it was pretty good.

Player -0

Smash Hero
PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er hope you get good. Is depression better now or just don't like meds?

What kinda games people looking at for Steam Sales?

Right now I'm just looking at Transistor and BDO mainly. Not sure if BDO is actually worth with questionable reviews (need computer that can run, just grab on sale for now I think).

standardtoaster

Tubacabra

I'll be at Low Tier City 5 for an interview for the documentary. Would anyone be able to house me? I'll be there on Friday mid afternoon and be leaving Sunday mid afternoon.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer

I'll be at Low Tier City 5 for an interview for the documentary. Would anyone be able to house me? I'll be there on Friday mid afternoon and be leaving Sunday mid afternoon.
if you're on fb, i can get you in touch with arsenals, who's doing a lot of coordinating for it (unless you already have, that is!)

Player -0

Smash Hero
We are already ded.

I remember laptop talk before but looking at (what I assume is relatively) budget laptops because I need a new one after 8 yearss and want some second opinions;

thoughts on <1> and <2> ? I think they're the same and stuff but two links because idek.

I actually don't know relative budget-ness and stuff I just want something that I can use for another like 8 years.

Edit - Everything is confusing and terrible. I just want to not be broke. Probably gonna be broke. Maybe I should just ask if anyone has any recommendations? Friend recommended an Aspire E 15 thingy which looks like a thing. Just want opinions and stuff. Small text is life.

maybe I'll wait until july 4th sales or something.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
We are already ded.

I remember laptop talk before but looking at (what I assume is relatively) budget laptops because I need a new one after 8 yearss and want some second opinions;

thoughts on <1> and <2> ? I think they're the same and stuff but two links because idek.

I actually don't know relative budget-ness and stuff I just want something that I can use for another like 8 years.

Edit - Everything is confusing and terrible. I just want to not be broke. Probably gonna be broke. Maybe I should just ask if anyone has any recommendations? Friend recommended an Aspire E 15 thingy which looks like a thing. Just want opinions and stuff. Small text is life.

maybe I'll wait until july 4th sales or something.
It really depends what you want from the laptop. Do you want to play any games on it? Just use it to browse the internet? How important is storage space? What is your budget? Do you need an optical drive? What resolution do you want the screen to be? Are you ok with lower than 1080p?

It's hard to recommend a computer to someone without knowing what they need it for/want it for. It's very good to ask people who know a lot about this stuff though, because people who sell computers are generally scum and will rip you off every day of the week.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
It really depends what you want from the laptop. Do you want to play any games on it? Just use it to browse the internet? How important is storage space? What is your budget? Do you need an optical drive? What resolution do you want the screen to be? Are you ok with lower than 1080p?

It's hard to recommend a computer to someone without knowing what they need it for/want it for. It's very good to ask people who know a lot about this stuff though, because people who sell computers are generally scum and will rip you off every day of the week.
I'm struggling ;~;

- Want a laptop that'll be generally sturdy enough to use for a while.
- Want to be able to run most games but not necessarily at 60 fps. I'm fine with getting 20-30. Being able to do netplay would be neat. Running BDO on a laptop is a stretch lol
- My max is $600 I think. Generally looking for more in the $400 - $500
- 1366 x 768 is lowest resolution (do people even make computers lower nowadays?)
- Probably going to grab an external drive for holding stuff. Just a storage amount that I can hold stuff without running out fast (I think 500 GB is fine)
- Optical Drive would be neat but not necessary.
- Gonna need for school and stuff.
- Don't really care about SSD right now.

Moved on to looking at these two right now: Acer Aspire E's
- $450, Optical Drive, Quad Core (AMD), AMD Graphics
- $500, No Optical, Dual Core (Intel), Nvidia GeForce 940MX (when clicking buy only shows from Amazon for $800 herps)

Last edited:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm struggling ;~;

- Want a laptop that'll be generally sturdy enough to use for a while.
- Want to be able to run most games but not necessarily at 60 fps. I'm fine with getting 20-30. Being able to do netplay would be neat. Running BDO on a laptop is a stretch lol
- My max is $600 I think. Generally looking for more in the $400 - $500
- 1366 x 768 is lowest resolution (do people even make computers lower nowadays?)
- Probably going to grab an external drive for holding stuff. Just a storage amount that I can hold stuff without running out fast (I think 500 GB is fine)
- Optical Drive would be neat but not necessary.
- Gonna need for school and stuff.
- Don't really care about SSD right now.

Moved on to looking at these two right now: Acer Aspire E's
- $450, Optical Drive, Quad Core (AMD), AMD Graphics
- $500, No Optical, Dual Core (Intel), Nvidia GeForce 940MX (when clicking buy only shows from Amazon for $800 herps)
Well if you want to play games at all you really want dedicated graphics and a somewhat decent processor. Also if you want the laptop to last you want to spend as much as you are able to on it, this is just generally how it works with computers.

This laptop will run most games, has an SSD, back-light keyboard, optical drive and is priced fairly:
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-E5-575G...sr=1-9&keywords=laptops&refinements=p_89:Acer

Alternatively you could get pretty much the same thing with a HDD(though I suggest the SSD version, especially if you play on using an external HD anyways):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012IBOCRU/ref=psdc_13896615011_t5_B01LD4MGY4

This one is a bit cheaper with a HDD and a slightly worse processor:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IHAHGI8/ref=psdc_13896615011_t4_B01LD4MGY4

Cheaper again with a good processor this time but no dedicated graphics:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XJJG4PD/ref=psdc_13896615011_t2_B01LD4MGY4

If your budget is tight and you don't really care about playing any games:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K1IO3QW/ref=psdc_13896615011_t1_B01LD4MGY4

CORY

wut
BRoomer
oh, i misread that! i don't know about airport shuttles. i'll be taking friday off, though, so if there's no shuttle, i should be able to get you a ride

Player -0

Smash Hero
Well if you want to play games at all you really want dedicated graphics and a somewhat decent processor. Also if you want the laptop to last you want to spend as much as you are able to on it, this is just generally how it works with computers.

This laptop will run most games, has an SSD, back-light keyboard, optical drive and is priced fairly:
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-E5-575G-57D4-15-6-Inches-Notebook-i5-7200U/dp/B01LD4MGY4/ref=sr_1_9?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1498572904&sr=1-9&keywords=laptops&refinements=p_89:Acer

Alternatively you could get pretty much the same thing with a HDD(though I suggest the SSD version, especially if you play on using an external HD anyways):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012IBOCRU/ref=psdc_13896615011_t5_B01LD4MGY4

This one is a bit cheaper with a HDD and a slightly worse processor:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IHAHGI8/ref=psdc_13896615011_t4_B01LD4MGY4

Cheaper again with a good processor this time but no dedicated graphics:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XJJG4PD/ref=psdc_13896615011_t2_B01LD4MGY4

If your budget is tight and you don't really care about playing any games:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K1IO3QW/ref=psdc_13896615011_t1_B01LD4MGY4
The SSD one seems neat, especially since the HDD one doesn't seem to include an optical.

Do you have any recommendations for externals? I'd assume HDD would be most price convenient for a bunch of stuff. Been casually cruising online for reliability reviews on stuff too.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The SSD one seems neat, especially since the HDD one doesn't seem to include an optical.

Do you have any recommendations for externals? I'd assume HDD would be most price convenient for a bunch of stuff. Been casually cruising online for reliability reviews on stuff too.

Basically just look at reviews for externals. They are really really cheap, you can get like 2TB for $50-$100, if you even need that much.

Also having an SSD is awesome, and once you use one you'll find it hard to ever use a computer without one haha.

You can also just buy a HDD for your laptop as well and put it inside the laptop so you don't need an external one if you don't want that hassle.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
not sure if I trust myself to break laptop and stick it in. Also kinda want it to be safe for nostalgia box or something.

Gotta stick stuff from old old computer onto hard drive and then this computer onto it. Will be neat. Potentially an older older computer too.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well most laptops you just unscrew a panel on the bottom and there is a slot you just slide the HD(which just looks like a stick of RAM) into..really really easy. If it's harder than that I would just take it to a place to do it for you, or a computer savy friend. It's no harder than plugging in a usb usually though.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
@Magnanimous One gifted me Hyper Light Drifter on steam and it's the best game I've played in a while. It has really fast and fun combat, pretty art and a very atmospheric soundtrack. It's only 10 bucks on steam at the moment, I highly recommend it. It's basically what I would want a 2D Zelda to be.

I also got S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat for 5 bucks just to see what that series is all about. Haven't played it yet, but it looks really interesting and has a lot of neat mods.

Top Bottom