• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Hiragana and Katakana are easy to remember compared to Kanji.

Kanji makes me want to off myself.
It's just like, hey want to memorize thousands of complicated Chinese characters that mean an entire word and also form completely different words when put next to another one?
Thank god furigana exists.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Furigana is a crutch. Kanji aren't particularly hard if you approach their study right, should take a few months of diligent study. But don't sweat if it takes a while, the japanese learn kanji until middle school. I recommend reading remembering the kanji by james heisig.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I got my wisdom teeth removed today. I'm not in much pain at the moment but my right lymph node is quite swollen. I can't turn my head to the right because of this without it hurting. It's making opening my mouth a hassle when eating. :(

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
You're probably dehydrated after the operation and your body is gonna need fluids, so make sure to drink a lot of water.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I feel like the reason I don't like most dubs is the fact that they sound unnatural / as if they were speaking from inside a box / starts differently???

I haven't watched a ton of dubs or anime in general so I might be pulling this from nowhere. Does anyone know anything about?
Weeb fanboys aside, it is always better to hear a recorded performance in its original language. By dubbing over a film, you are in a very practical sense undermining the original vision and decisions of the director. From a purist standpoint, all you can really hope for from a dub is that it bastardizes the work as little as possible.

That being said, there is such a thing as a good dub. It takes a perspicacious translator, stellar casting, skillful direction, and talented and flexible voice actors, but it is possible to properly recapture most of an original work's essence in another language (e.g. the English dubs of Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood). It's just a lot of work that many companies just don't want to put the effort into or can't afford it.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ya'll knew before everyone.

Long live the 90s where Knuckles actually mattered.

God speed Project M you glorious prophets! God speed!

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
i sexually identify as pink!red!sonic

also i dropped all my classes and started the process of finding a doctor for my depression

also i just beat my league promos. im bronze 2 AMA.

also i got a new debit card number in the last few months; i should find out how to update it for smashboards so i don't lose my premium whenever the charge happens.

Top Bottom