• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
You no longer belong in the typical anime setting, but fear not! There are other settings you can be in to keep your anime status!

For instance, have you tried the workplace anime setting? Shows like Working!! and Hataraku Maou-sama have proved this path can be viable in today's anime market!

Or how about fantasy? Possibly the easiest route is to transition into a "I'm stuck in a video game" setting! This path also gives you a free waifu and house at no charge!

What are you waiting for? Step back into the anime life again!
I'm actually starting a totally fraudulent research internship for school, so maybe we work anime now. However, I haven't watched any anime like that. Is it still anime if it isn't completely derivative?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
good morning, thread

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a speedrun category should be able to meme. Its runners are too serious for the dank to get off the ground. The speedrun category, of course, memes anyways. Because speedrun categories don't care what humans think is impossible.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah idk why there seems to be this assumption that PMDT playtesters 'designed' the characters that we play going around lately, I've had people complain to me about Toon Link's design and all I did were balance tweaks lol. People do realise that there were character designers who did a significant amount of the work, right? This game would not have been possible without them, and the very serious amount of effort that they put in.

Going to a tourney again on saturday, been a while
gotta shake off this rust so I can destroy Jolt's fapcoj when trump gets elected and I peace out
What happened to having no rust, and improving from taking a hiatus? Hmph.

You won't beat me in a MM anyway, regardless of whether I'm drunk or not.

(Good luck!!)

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
fapcoinc.com Fapco incorporated.
WTFis the world even reasonable.
I don't think it's all that unreasonable to want to teach the world to fap.

Anyway, making a "Roundabout" of stuff seems to be more of a common thing happening now.

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it, but I guess there's never anything wrong with more Jojo references.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
kaye, how ****ing behind are you??? to be continued memes have been a thing for like

forever

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
kaye, how ****ing behind are you??? to be continued memes have been a thing for like

forever
You didn't read what I said. I know they've been a thing for a good while. I'm saying more people seem to be doing it now for some reason.

Like when an old meme is a thing and stays in the background until all of a sudden, years later, it starts booming out in the public more.

That's all. Excuse me for not being clear or following everything the internet does. Do keep in mind I only started watching Jojo for the first time a month ago, so I'm "late" either way.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
The meme was about to reach expiration date but it was under warranty

Now its fresh af but who knows when its due for expiration

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
started playing mh4u again (***)

caravaneer only communicates with the letters E R and A

lol

Lizalfos

Smash Master
"The knife went all the way through the notebook...whoever did this must be really strong."
"If that's the case, then another thing is certain: the culprit has to be a man."
*camera pans across girl who is extraterrestrial android with near limitless power*

Ok, sure thing anime.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Anyone going to EVO have an XBONE controller I can borrow? I really wanna enter KI, even if I go 0-2.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
It isn't that bad. There is enough new stuff happening each time I guess. It is like one of those spot the difference games. Would be a lot better if they were all as over directed as the first repetition.

Edit: my mom managed to make mashed potatoes into paste. I think it is because she boiled it too long. Kind of impressive.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Endless 8 is genius
The original series' anachronistic broadcast is genius

Too bad the anime is just okay
Mfw gdlk studios animate 6/10 LNs

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Endless 8 is genius
The original series' anachronistic broadcast is genius

Too bad the anime is just okay
Mfw gdlk studios animate 6/10 LNs
I figured out what was causing the loop the during the first repetition and had a good 30 sec laugh to myself. I think that it kinda ruined the actual payoff tho.
Unfortunately I didn't watch s1 in broadcast order.
Aside from some brilliant moment the whole thing kind averages out.
Oh, also enjoyed some of the philosophy stuff. Really appeals to my pseudo-intellectual Wikipedia skimming side. It really gives the themes depth where I feel lots of media have themes that make me sit down and just feel really confused about what their theme is trying to say.

Oh god I just said I like it when the show spells things out to me. Now everyone knows I have **** taste.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er Hey. Yeah, was kind of in a "mood" yesterday cause of stuff, but that doesn't make up for the salty sounding response of mine in my eyes. Sorry about that, man. Got too defensive. Kinda feel bad about it. ¦D;

We cool?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hello.

“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.” - Aristotle.

Hottest YTP on the net

Thank you for Balc vods

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Haruhi has some ok meta elements but ultimately all the characters are flat. Slice of life, everything goes to the status quo at the end.
Once again, this is backed up by some decent meta, that all the characters are maintaining the status quo for Haruhi, but this ultimately limits the show.

This is all still entertaining, but if the characters weren't so specifically tropes to a T and changed past their trope or revealed further depth, the show would really benefit. Especially because we KNOW the helpless busty redhead becomes a confident busty readhead at some point.
It is just sort of frustrating how disgustingly moe she is.

Top Bottom