• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I spent my Thanksgiving getting practice on the boss rush part of Shovel Knight because for once I've spent a Thanksgiving with nobody sufficiently close to my age/interests. My uncle's family has a labrador so I got to play with it.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
should I go with the regular n3ds for faceplates or just cave in and get a n3ds xl in black?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
should I go with the regular n3ds for faceplates or just cave in and get a n3ds xl in black?
That depends on if you're bothered by the pixel density. (The XL has the same resolution as the regular but the screen is bigger just because the pixel display is larger.)

This reminds me of when I heard a GameStop employee give her personal positive experience opinion that the "high definition" screen of the XL makes a big difference lol.

Also it depends on just which size you find more comfortable for your hands and how far away from your face you would hold the thing.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
That depends on if you're bothered by the pixel density. (The XL has the same resolution as the regular but the screen is bigger just because the pixel display is larger.)

This reminds me of when I heard a GameStop employee give her personal positive experience opinion that the "high definition" screen of the XL makes a big difference lol.

Also it depends on just which size you find more comfortable for your hands and how far away from your face you would hold the thing.
Since I owned an original DS I went with the XL since that's the size of handheld I'm used to, still haven't upgraded to the n3DS since I have no reason to and I'm poor.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
alright, got one holster (mostly) done! need to make the one for the other side, figure out how they'll attach to the harness, and then stain them so they match! it's real nice knowing the basic pattern i made actually works properly!

Attachments

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
drilled tech for a few hours tonight

learned that a big tool I need to work on that aero does hyper consistently is a 2 frame window>one frame window. whelp. No time to dedicate to my soon to be secondary zss, this is more important.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I realize that my biggest hurdle in PM is that I don't know how to fight Fox and Falco. Any suggestions?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
alright, got one holster (mostly) done! need to make the one for the other side, figure out how they'll attach to the harness, and then stain them so they match! it's real nice knowing the basic pattern i made actually works properly!
Nerd.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Tfw I show up to the tourney and end up doing check-in for the nearly 300 entrants

RIP friendlies

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
I feel like all of this 3d maneuver gear is just your subconscious telling you to become a lumberjack
Imagine yourself
zipping from tree to tree
felling mighty oaks in a single swipe
prolly take amazing selfies too

eideeiit

Smash Ace
about Dreamhack
Hbox totally deserved that. There were only few instances in the last set where I felt Armada had any sort of grip of the game and you really can't get rested like that.
Also WFs and LFs of Ultra made me sad. So close yet so far.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I realize that my biggest hurdle in PM is that I don't know how to fight Fox and Falco. Any suggestions?
Get the grab. Win. Live happily until you develop a crippling addiction to body pillows. Lose the family you once had in your heart to your obsessive body-pillow collecting. Kick pms. Find new meaning in life. Burn you're body pillows in a Bing Crosby effigy someone conveniently built upon your property. Ride off into the distance on an ethereal jet-black stallion. Become the hero of your realm, fighting for the pure and untainted love of the opposite sex. Become immortal, destroy the gods themselves so that humanity may control its' destiny. Slowly deteriorate into space-dust while you smile at the moon that guided you all your life, only then realizing that it was always with you. FIN.

Edit: Why is it that you can make a $16 dollar ring go for $400 as soon as you pitch it as a "wedding band". ****'s ****ed yo.

Last edited:

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
Is anyone playing Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon? I'm getting my ass kicked by what I assume is the second-to-last boss.

Yveltal is literally just spamming Oblivion Wing, and since it's 3xInfinity range, everyone in the party with the stupid AI just keeps getting bopped by it, and I don't have enough Reviver Seeds to burn 5 every 2 turns...

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Is anyone playing Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon? I'm getting my *** kicked by what I assume is the second-to-last boss.

Yveltal is literally just spamming Oblivion Wing, and since it's 3xInfinity range, everyone in the party with the stupid AI just keeps getting bopped by it, and I don't have enough Reviver Seeds to burn 5 every 2 turns...
"Mystletaynn, Today at 4:20 PM"
"...420 PM"
"...420..."

Edit: Eventually I will edit this post as to give it some redeeming quality. For now, let this majestic creature frolic unhindered.

M04r 3d17z: Here's the description of illusion-based performance according to gizoogle.
http://www.gizoogle.net/xfer.php?link=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_(illusion)

"How ta transfizzle a fuggin' red handerchizzle ta a mah****in' white-ass handkerchizzle...how da **** yall do dat?"

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I'm happy for zero and all but I can't believe he proposed on her birthday. She literally just turned 18 lmfao
Damn, besides that I'm not sure how she should feel about this. I mean, that's a pretty big leap to be making before you've known what it's like to live independent and without legal marital bond to a person. I dunno, maybe she's cool with this, but geewillickers.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
my coworker said he was gonna teach me how to use FL studio and he said we can collab and make a future funk track once i learn how to use it

:3c

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
my coworker said he was gonna teach me how to use FL studio and he said we can collab and make a future funk track once i learn how to use it

:3c
HOLY **** MEIMER.

Talk to me about music production; I do French house music a la Daft Punk's Discovery which is relatively similar to futurefunk. I can teach you some stuff if you want (I use Ableton Live though but general stuff applies across all DAWs)

I'd recommend just opening up FL Studio at first and ****in' around with stuff; start reading the manual after messing around for a bit. Reading the manual of things is usually the best way for learning about whatever it is you're using.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeamlessR

This guy has really good tutorials on learning music production in general, and he also specializes in FL Studio. Check out his FL Studio Basics playlist first; it'll definitely help you find your way around the software.

Futurefunk is mostly a sample based genre if you couldn't already tell, so it helps to start searching for 70s/80s disco, funk, and R&B (preferably 80s Japanese) that you'd want to sample.

This guy goes over the basics pretty quick in FL Studio to do just that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfYPH9ejRu8

Basically, what you do is find a song you want to sample, and then take a sample of it and mess with it to your liking. Next, you want to add your own drum samples on top of them to give the drums more punch. Before that though, this is important to note: almost all of the music from around that time used a live drummer, so it was always a little bit off tempo. Over the course of a whole song, the sample is going to be completely out of time to your own drums, which will sound awful. The way to go about this, as the guy does in this video, is to 'quantize' the song so that it stays on beat (he chose to quantize automatically, but you can also do it manually. You only have to quantize the parts of the song that you're going to sample, too. You'll also want to quantize so that if you want to chop up and rearrange parts of your sample, it'll chop in rhythm and not sound weird.). So then once you have a sample in rhythm with some additional drums, you have the basis of a song. There's A LOT, A LOT more that goes into it but that's the most essential part of the creative process behind it. If you have any questions or just want to talk about it more, just ask here or PM me on Skype if you want.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
don't worry, i'm sure CORY will fit. iykwim

god damn it zero is like the same ****in age I am and his gf is younger how the hell does he have the capability to be engaged let alone married

this is an all-around basura idea
if it makes you feel any better, the odds are very far from in his favor of this lasting... i don't have any qualms with zero, but kids that age getting married and i'm presuming they haven't known each other for more than a couple years, tops? (if this part is untrue, then there's a better chance of it lasting, though...)

You meant freaking badass, right? Mein bad.

Top Bottom