• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
The distinction between having a spine and using it to express your opinions in no uncertain terms/in a tactful way, and instantly being That Person™ because you didn't know when to lay off is one that takes a lot of practice to not be on the bad side of. So, I definitely get why people here/people elsewhere usually don't bother with the effort and just disengage if they don't decisively 'win' any debates they happen to (tet themselves) get dragged into ASAP. ....I know I do it a lot, lol

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
and then there's people who argue about the amount of anime-esque fighters in smash, how they do or do not represent japanese culture in a videogame, whether that is acceptable or not what with how many of them there are, etc. etc.

truly a genuine and respectable argument. if you didn't contribute to that excellent... thing, you should feel ashamed; i know i do

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Btw It seems like the fan theories are correct about the two slots.
If Cloud's the "Company wanted him in" character then this slot will be a surprise. I hope it's not any Characters that the PM Dev team may or may not be putting in, because that would seriously **** them up.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
A nice lady at the local gun shop made me feel young today by asking if I was 21 when I was browsing around earlier today. Oh, how time flies by...

and then there's people who argue about the amount of anime-esque fighters in smash, how they do or do not represent japanese culture in a videogame, whether that is acceptable or not what with how many of them there are, etc. etc.

truly a genuine and respectable argument. if you didn't contribute to that excellent... thing, you should feel ashamed; i know i do
I will sleep tonight in a bed full of shame along with banana peels and peanut butter cups.

Bleck

Smash Master
am I really the only one who is going to fight Kurri about Steven Universe

come on guys

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

come on guys
Gravity Falls is superior in character development and story anyway.

You're on your own, partner.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord

come on guys
Reporting for duty.

Gravity Falls is superior in character development and story anyway.

You're on your own, partner.
They don't even have similar character dynamics, character dilemmas, nor stories. Simply put SU comes across as significantly more sad... at least that's what I got from it.

Are you not?
I couldn't figure out how to tag your tag. Anyway I don't think Steven Universe is bad either.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

come on guys
Fight? What fight? It's undeniable fact that Steven Universe is a garbage show. It's plot is sub-par, it's character development is asinine at best. Aside from it's "okay" art-style, it has absolutely nothing going for it. But I guess that's okay because the audience it's going for doesn't give a ****.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing about trash.

I couldn't figure out how to tag your tag. Anyway I don't think Steven Universe is bad either.
That's okay, it's actually a good show. I don't watch it much, but from I've seen, I would highly recommend it to a lot of people. Some people would claim that it's Tumblr trash that panders to SJW's but those people are typically neckbeards.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Fight? What fight? It's undeniable fact that Steven Universe is a garbage show. It's plot is sub-par, it's character development is asinine at best. Aside from it's "okay" art-style, it has absolutely nothing going for it. But I guess that's okay because the audience it's going for doesn't give a ****.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing about trash.

That's okay, it's actually a good show. I don't watch it much, but from I've seen, I would highly recommend it to a lot of people. Some people would claim that it's Tumblr trash that panders to SJW's but those people are typically neckbeards.
Alright, Bleck Bleck , making sense isn't this person's priority, so let's just move along.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
remember that time i disagreed with bleck? no of course you don't, because i wasn't an ass about it. almost all y'all's arguments with him are all y'all's own faults.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I like Ash vs Evil Dead a lot, but so far I've only seen the first episode at a friend's place because I don't have the fancy premium channel.

I'm sorry; I've seen so little anime since school started that I can't contribute much to this thread's main topic.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Is Dragonball Super still going on? Is it even doing well?

I pretty much "dropped" it once Beerus and Goku were about to tear the universe apart with punches.

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
Is Dragonball Super still going on? Is it even doing well?

I pretty much "dropped" it once Beerus and Goku were about to tear the universe apart with punches.
It's still ongoing, episode 19 aired today in Japan. We've been out of the BoG arc and now it's on to RoF arc. Praying to the DB Gods that Vegeta doesn't get shafted this time

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
what's an anime
I think there's one called Space Ghost.

Edit: I just remembered that I was actually introduced to the Ghost Stories English dub not too long ago. That's a funny one.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Guys, follow your instincts, wear big hats, and join the gym for scan cards.

Today is Brawley's Cattle Call Weekend. We have a rodeo, an amazing parade, and it gives people the excuse to dress cowboyish. I thought it would be funny to wear my big "Ensenada" sombero as a way to stand out from the legions of cowboy hats. I left from my house an hour ago while skating wearing my big hat. As I was skating past my gym, I heard a shout. It was a lady from across the street. She was leaning against a bank that was like a drive-thru. I thought it was because of my sombero. I waved at her and got back on my board. She yelled out again. I thought my hat was funny but wouldn't warrant a second response. I got off my board and decided to go up to her. Turns out she came from the rodeo and her friends drop her off there. She was having an asthma attack and forgot her inhaler. She asked if I can call the police or ambulance. I had left my phone at home because of dead battery. I realized though that I had my keys with me which also included my gym card. I was able to get in via the scanner, find someone with a phone, and was able to her the help she wanted. I'm not sure if she would have seen me without my hat.

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
I wouldn't fight someone who said Steven Universe was bad.

They're simply wrong and its on them to realize that.

Also Super is pretty bad, Ash vs Evil Dead is pretty good.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
BTW there was only one person who said that Smash 4 was becoming too anime.
Tra4sh is now Anime Fighter 2015. It's no longer a Smash game.
He posted that and then dipped. So you all think you're arguing with eachother when you're not. Obvious troll baited.

Edit: On an unrelated note, Dan dittos in Super Puzzle Fighter are hilarious. Puzzle Fighter is a game kinda like tetris but with colored blocks. You match colored blocks and then you clear them with colored orbs. The blocks you clear get sent to your opponent. Dan only sends your opponent red blocks so if you keep comboing your opponent will stack up a huge red combo. The objective of Dan dittos is to not combo for as long as you can and it's goddamn amazing.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
The most fun thing to do in Puzzle Fighter is to have a colourblind friend play the game while you yell at at them what coloured blocks they're getting.

It doesn't work out particularly well lmao.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Been training and contemplating awhile for TourneyLocator's monthly 1K tournament, I'm really hoping things go well for me

Oh yeah, @Umbreon , @bec , @Strong Bad , hmu if you guys are doing anything before next Saturday, it would be more than nice to get practice in

Last edited by a moderator:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre

come on guys
I can't help but chuckle at how disarmed you look when people use your own modus operandi against you.
I'm not going to talk about the show though. I couldn't get past the first 5 minutes because the body type diversity was shoved so hard down my throat I almost fainted.

monstersbane

Smash Apprentice
Well, played in my first tournament last night. Had tournament jitters bad first game and lost horribly. Barely won the second game and went ham game three closing it out with a perfect. Ended up getting third in a twelve man tournament.

Thank god there were no tagers.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
The reason why people are calling it more of a return to DB is simply because the story which was DB's strongest aspect is stronger in DBS than in DBZ. I mean up until the Beerus fight, it was nothing but lighthearted adventure and a reunion of the cast. They were setting up for the fight and really at this point there was no challenger so yeah Goku and Vegeta were doing nothing but training; and it was generic training at that, so its not surprising in that regard.

But if you look at the movies. Specifically Resurrection of F; the training in the movie is meaningful and even then its kept to a low because they're focusing a lot more on the cast.

Idk. DBS to me, leans a lot more to DB than DBZ but maybe its because I have Resurrection of F fresh in my mind which hardly felt like Dragon Ball Z to me.

???????????????

i dont get this line at all lol
Well... yeah, but it's really not hard to have more of a focus on story than DBZ had lool. I don't think that means much in the end.

Also worth noting that I haven't watched RoF yet so idk what that's like, that could possibly change my opinion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom