• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
First time hearing the announcer here.

I don't really get the beef with it. Like, it's nothing great but awful seems to be a bit much.

Except for Squirtle where he's all:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can't determine if I think LEW-egee is really stupid or perfectly ridiculous.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I found a screenshot of Jurassic Warudo.
za warudo.jpg

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
@ Nausicaa Nausicaa Emerson was a transcendentalist. One of the major ones along with 2(?) other guys.
I'm going to assume he was one of few well-known and fairly vocal advocates of the idea that a person can transcend (in some way) beyond the mundane of the physical world.
And not someone who has literally transcended physical form.
Though that would be cool if there were 3 people worldly-known to have done that. lol

I'll experiment with trying the DC Uair, as far as the shield drop Uair, literally just shield drop from a platform into an up air, right?

Again sorry, I'm not the greatest with tech and given names, hence i lurk in threads about this videogame
Here's an easy way of thinking about it.

-This is possible with Falco (in both games) by using B-Air.
See how when he does Back-Air, he does the splits with his legs?
When he does that, the actual 'body' of the character in a technical sense moves UP with those legs.
Essentially the lowest 'part' of him 'teleports' to being his 'crotch' instead of his 'feet' really quickly.
By doing this, while falling, he goes down due to the fall but goes up FASTER/at the same.
At the same time as his 'body' goes down, it goes 'up' from feet to crotch.

Any move that does this, (if it hits it's easier due to the 'hitlag' giving more time for the game to register that his 'body' hasn't fallen far enough through to GO through) will result in the character landing ON the platform EVEN if they're falling through.
Luigi's N-Air and Sheik moves do this easily too, for other references of 'feet raising' stuff.

So yes, Drop Through (Shield Drop included) > Aerial with these conditions in mechanics = it'll work.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Wow it's been a long time since I've been in here. Hoo.

3.6 is p. dope I'm enjoying it a lot. The added impact on KOs and high launch stuff is nice, the Mario changes are awesome, the Roy changes are great and haven't done a thing to me as him (outside of honesty stuff and Dtilt being less goofy).

The new announcer is....hit or miss. His delivery of Luigi is funny (IDK how good it is but he sounds like he's being incredibly condescending) so it's great when it's like "This game's winner is...." and he just makes it sound like you should feel bad for playing Luigi. New colors are dope, new stages are great (gotta change my track list now though ***).

Overall good update, I'll have to get back to labbing and playing regularly. When I move out in 2-3 years after my school stuff I might be able to find a local scene : ((((((.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Mei is right, PM menu theme just doesn't fit the announcer thematically.

I guess I'm getting Skullgirls menu theme.
Man, I'm just going to wait for Blakinola to upload his takes and compile them so they can go with my music overhaul, including some stuff from JoJo's and Space Dandy.

God I'm such a weeaboo.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
The new features are cool and all, but I wish they could actually make Link good. They practically didn't do anything to actually improve his viability. :facepalm:

Helsong

Smash Ace
**** I'm sorry, that was actually really damn mean of me to say. Not having students around to terrorize is making me more and more mean-spirited.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
**** I'm sorry, that was actually really damn mean of me to say. Not having students around to terrorize is making me more and more mean-spirited.
don't worry ill be mean spirited with you
uhh...I wish mech would actually post something that is actually relevant and not just gif walls and edgelord crap
>: ( rar im being mean

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
What kinda stuff do you do to mess with students?

Not gonna lie if I were a teacher I'd mess with my students every day. I wonder how teachers get through the day talking about the same things six times without their own entertainment.

Helsong

Smash Ace
What kinda stuff do you do to mess with students?

Not gonna lie if I were a teacher I'd mess with my students every day. I wonder how teachers get through the day talking about the same things six times without their own entertainment.
Well, you teach the same stuff, but you don't teach it the same way, plus students find ways to make things interesting/infuriating.
I just generally do some lighthearted ribbing, fake the sleepier ones out with harder questions/fake pop quizzes, etc. Plus, sometimes the comments these people make allow for some perfect burns. They just serve it right up.
Although one student thought I was flirting with him. That was awkward as hell, considering nothing I said was flirtatious, just my normal tutoring routine mixed with lame jokes and puns.

Being an ******* is so satisfying. Especially when you refuse to send flowers afterwards.
If you want me to send you flowers, you can just ask, geez.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
They nerfed his worst MU.
He has more usable moves outside lolbomarang.
No, if anything the MU is worse than ever. Link has no way to approach safely, they ****ed up his throw combos, people fall out of his Usmash and he has the worst grab in the game.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
...Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Well of course there isn't, silly.

Also, after reading up on FE:Fates spoiles some more, I'm actually rather excited. The FE Amie is apparently going to clash even harder with the new darker writing full of death and stuff. It's going to be insanely jarring, and that'll be pretty funny, actually.

But why did they have to make the same sex option for marriage a crazy person? Come oooon.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Caught up with the FE fates spoiler on Serene's Forest again and OMG this game especially with the 3rd path stuff.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm in the same boat actually with what game I'm game i'm getting and ironically enough alot of people i'm seeing on smashboards going Nohr as well.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I mean..what reason would you want to pick Hoshido, beyond "it's easier also they're not mean"? Nohr/World of STR/Chaos Alignment for days. I'll just have to ignore the severe lack of sensible armor design on my foster older sister. If they're allowing players to send out their units into battle in their underwear, then there better be an option to give my units some armor that actually looks like it would protect them.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
True but honestly for me mainly for the 2nd gen characters who look like certain Awakening characters that come across my mind right away.

EDIT: I'm not going for Nohr for Camilla but for the difficulty and cute little sis Elsie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom