• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
While Samus is the main attraction for me in 3.0, I'm really looking forward to Kirby too, for once he looks to be a very fun character.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Guaranteed, Nana will be better at recovering than me.
I'll be all I'LL COME SAVE YOU
and she'll be all DUMB*** FOO
:(

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The rest of their moveset hasn’t been neglected either. Each attack has been reviewed and improved. Care has also been given to keeping Nana close - the Ice Climbers’ biggest asset and vulnerability. They retain Brawl’s Belay mechanics, allowing them to return safely to the stage together. And Nana isn’t helpless on her own anymore either - without Popo she’s capable of recovering by herself, a first for the duo.

Only PMBR can prevent the SoPo nightmare.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The abilities of Olimar's Pikmin have been tweaked to balance their individual usefulness and to give them staying power. Blue Pikmin excel in throws, Red Pikmin in strike damage, Yellow Pikmin in attack range and combo potential, Purple Pikmin in raw power, and White Pikmin in poison damage.

This is disappointing. I was really hoping that they'd get rid of this forced attempt at micro-management that clearly does not work in practice.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Wait, this is news? Pretty sure we knew that forever.

And having all the Pikmin be exactly the same sort of defeats the purpose of multiple Pikmin types doesn't it?

People think Pikmin throwing is dumb now, now imagine if it was completely about throwing random Pikmin without thought or care.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I don't feel save on this site anymore honestly.

The particles here are too unstable and cause random malfunctions to happen. At any moment the floor could become permeable and trap your leg or the room might lose all oxygen or everything might go upside down suddenly.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
This picture is on the Yogscast subreddit

Apparently it has something to do with Civ5...

Clearly this is some kind of Smash omen.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'm down for just caffeine-hyping the morning classes and playing P:M the rest of the night if it comes out at midnight

but it absolutely won't, so that's that

br8k

Coolkid
Catching up on this thread. Project M 3.0 is a slightly-late 18th birthday present to both Canon and I (Dec 4).

ha ha now that I'm 18 maybe I'll stop being bad at college. Wait no with 3.0 out, I'll only get worse at college.

MrBigstuff

Smash Apprentice
So my school district is closed because of snow tomorrow. Assuming 3.0 comes out at a decent time, there is going to be a glorious smash party with my casual friends.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
"If the campaign reaches its goal, your order should arrive between Thursday, Dec 26th and Monday, Dec 30th"

why

Kati

Smash Lord
I feel like I need a fresh batch of menu songs to accompany the hype that 3.0 is bringing. BRSTM sharing time?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I put O.K. By Mac miller and ain't that funny from madworld over rumble falls, that's a start I guess

Anyone wanna wifi right now?

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I just noticed something. There are 41 stages in 3.0, and 41 characters in 3.0. Then, if you count both the random button and the training stage, it's still 42:42. o_0

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
my current FD set up:

T01 - Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out for a Hero
T03 - Joe Esposity - You're the Best Around
W21 - Sublime - What I Got
W23 - Run DMC - My Adidas
X05 - Aldo Nova - Fantasy
I am the best burstum-haver