• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Player -0

Smash Hero
For those curious, this was my process for the Kusanagi avi. I'm choosing that one because it was particularly simple.

First, get image via right-click Save As, then drag into Photoshop over the version of Hylian's avi that I've been using. Lower opacity to around 50%, and rotate and resize the new image until it about lines up to where I want it to be. Return opacity to 100%. This next part is easy because the lineart is so clean. Either magic wand all the whites or go to Select -> Color Range and delete all the white surrounding him. After that, right click the thumbnail of the layer of the image, hit "select pixels" and then create a Hue/Saturation layer from the selection, which will then auto-mask to the selection. Check the "Colorize" box inside of the Hue/Saturation menu, push the hue down towards the reds until it's close to matching, then fiddle with brightness and saturation until it matches the original properly. That's the most time-consuming part because you really just have to eyeball it. It'll get faster as you get more used to doing it. Then, crop the image to hide where the new image has bits cut off because you rotated it and it doesn't quite fit right, and upload. Bang, you're done.

I mean half of the avatars are in a folder on my comp anyway. :p
I have 10 versions total.

@ Player -0 Player -0 Just gimme what you want me to use.
Ears:

You can use the Link/Hylian picture that you've been using because mine looks terribad.

Bonus:

Also I only have GIMP 2. RIP Time to sail the 7 seas and yarr harr as a pirate

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
I love these Photoshop flurry days. Bring back memories of the Santa hats.

Also my like count goes insane. I was below a 3:1 like-to-post ratio before today... I'm fairly positive I got somewhere around 200 likes today.

@ Player -0 Player -0 So you want that Pika's ears on the sleepy person?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
@ Sapphire Dragon Sapphire Dragon gurlll do you have MH4u?
Omg you too? <3

I really need to like, make a list of people who actually play MH and then when I get it, spam them multiple times until they cave in and do a huge group hunt with me.

Unfortunately, that requires me having the game. (don't worry- getting it next month!)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Omg you too? <3

I really need to like, make a list of people who actually play MH and then when I get it, spam them multiple times until they cave in and do a huge group hunt with me.

Unfortunately, that requires me having the game. (don't worry- getting it next month!)
Keep me in mind cuz I'll still be playing it in a months time lol

Game is awesome

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
FINE

I shall play your game

You can do this the Binary way or the reptilian way.

Binary supports those Adobe pigs though, so I'd suggest against it.
I do my own photo editing I'll have you know

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

Compiling takes a lot longer when THERE'S SO MANY POSTS

I haven't even started adding dank memes and Text expansion jokes yet.

upload_2015-2-27_21-17-39.png

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
It is now schleep time, wondering what strange things I'm going to wake up to. Good night PMS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom