• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Everyone's avatar should be changed to hylians avatar for the april fools joke this year in honor of today.

Make it happen @ Warchamp7 Warchamp7

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Besides, the Mises Institute isn't some libertarian nut on Youtube, and it would say that government shouldn't curtail this freedom (ie privacy) even if there was an imminent terrorist attack absolutely assured to happen.
This is a pretty extremist position to take, that you are ok (and Mises was apparently) with possibly 1000s of people dying out of some ideological purity. I doubt you will find 1 in 100 people out of a random sampling who would agree with this, because it is assuredly insane.

I took out the Youtube part, since the nut part applies here.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Freedom is everyone's right, and as long as one innocent being is threatened, none are truly free. No exceptions.
I'm...baffled anyone thinks of that as being anywhere near negotiable.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Ayy lmao

You have been visited by the DANK DR PEPPER ELF

225315.jpg

Admin privileges and DANK social thread MEMES will come to you, but ONLY if you upvote and reply "THANK DR PEPPER ELF"

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
This is a pretty extremist position to take, that you are ok (and Mises was apparently) with possibly 1000s of people dying out of some ideological purity. I doubt you will find 1 in 100 people out of a random sampling who would agree with this, because it is assuredly insane.

I took out the Youtube part, since the nut part applies here.
Extremist is one of the commissar's favorite words. Nothing gets under the thought controller's skin more than an uppity peon who thinks there might be more to political philosophy than John Kerry and Mitch McConnell. Be satisfied with the range of debate we allow you, citizen. Any opinion a reasonable person might want to hold can be found in that yawning chasm that separates these two men. You have an opinion that differs from both of them, you say? Why, you're an extremist.
Thanks for that, Tom.
Now, can we set the name-calling aside?

eDIT:
Ayy lmao

You have been visited by the DANK DR PEPPER ELF

View attachment 40594

Admin privileges and DANK social thread MEMES will come to you, but ONLY if you upvote and reply "THANK DR PEPPER ELF"
THANK DR PEPPER ELF

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The scary thought police aside that puts us sheeple into a herd mentality, I think rhetoric is the least problematic part of what we are discussing here.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Thanks for that, Tom.
Now, can we set the name-calling aside?

eDIT:
THANK DR PEPPER ELF
Which article tells me the negatives of net neutrality. You have done lots of refutation, but I must have missed the pages where you constructed an argument.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Which article tells me the negatives of net neutrality. You have done lots of refutation, but I must have missed the pages where you constructed an argument.
Yes, sorry. I didn't really do any. The arguments I would make are contained in the links I put up. Again, I am just putting up links and expecting you guys to read them. I know I probably shouldn't do that, but I couldn't think of better ways to put them.
Here are the main ones, if you're interested. I have one or two more in the wings.

The scary thought police aside that puts us sheeple into a herd mentality, I think rhetoric is the least problematic part of what we are discussing here.
Exactly. Like why you think that we like innocent people dying. We don't. Again, I think name calling and such rhetoric makes people emotional, and removes them from looking at things calmly and impassively. I didn't want to continue the conversation on the terrorism line, because it seemed to me that you'd already made up your mind that I could not change your mind no matter what.
Edit: Obviously, I participated in the name calling too, you thought-controller you. The point still stands.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Exactly. Like why you think that we like innocent people dying. We don't. Again, I think name calling and rhetoric makes people emotional, and removes them from looking at things calmly and impassively. I didn't want to continue the conversation on the terrorism line, because it seemed to me that you'd already made up your mind that I could not change your mind no matter what.
You made the argument you are ok with the logical consequences of your ideology, you took that extra step that I never forced you into. Stop assuming I meant any more than what I said.

Posting links this way and that is fine and good, but nobody should be expected to make your arguments for you and pick up the slack. If you can't explain your position logically, in as few paragraphs as is possible to make your point, then it isn't the job of everyone to take seriously every possible position taken by pseudointellectual lightweights on the internet. It is a time consuming process so make it snappy.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
i'm getting everyone mixed up now
i can't handle all this

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Tall avatar hype.

EDIT: Yoo @Hylian when this slows down you can use this if you eventually want to change it back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom