• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I technically use R for wavedashing with my weird controller hold. So I wavedash with my left hand,

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
so... no definitive answer on the R+A vs Z thing?

The 1frame of shield seems legit as it feels like it may be a bit slower, but Im not sure if that is legit or just a mistimed R -> A instead of R + A

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Neither is faster, go in debug, input r+a in frame advance and watch it come out just the same as if you did Z

Foo

Smash Lord
so... no definitive answer on the R+A vs Z thing?

The 1frame of shield seems legit as it feels like it may be a bit slower, but Im not sure if that is legit or just a mistimed R -> A instead of R + A
I am pretty sure that R+A would not make grab happen a frame later. I've heard that the grab button is just a macro of shield and a anyway. However, I still don't think it's a good idea. Because players are human, there is a good chance they won't consistantly input R and A on the same frame. Since hitting A first doesn't grab, you'll probably tend towards hitting it later habitually. This means you'll probably wind up hitting A a few frames late.

Vashimus

Smash Master
The Z button is the worst button on the entire controller next to the d-pad. I don't blame people for grabbing with L/R+A.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Don't you mean Canada has the best names

Cause you stole that from me lol
Nuh uh, how do you not know I just really like 80s musicals

I said it as a joke, we couldn't pick a name, so we combined all our joke names into one wonderful title. DEBS.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
im 12 and what is this

That was glorious and mostly because the models are pretty
but those wind effects are terrible for the hair LOL

For those who don't know, the reason Ike cannot be a backstreet boy is because he can't get a waifu
You heard it from me

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
He fights for his friends, he friendzoned every girl that approached him.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
kailex when the **** are you gnona be done with finals, im tryna just friends spoon with you

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I know that feel, my little brother woke me up at 5:30 today because he wanted to get up early to practice the ukulele. Before the sun rose.
Soft you dont understand

Sleep deprivation makes me into a combo idea monster

Also I start giggling uncontrollably sometimes

D

Deleted member

My first period is a Bank and Finance class, so I have to wake up every morning and do taxes.

gg

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Is it weird that I'm super motivated to practice Melee, mostly just to expose our top melee players and call them out for not giving the better game an honest try, from an advantageous position?

That's probably weird.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Is it weird that I'm super motivated to practice Melee, mostly just to expose our top melee players and call them out for not giving the better game an honest try, from an advantageous position?

That's probably weird.
Expose all the frauds

Then rub it in their face that they got destroyed by a pm player

Top Bottom