• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Watched the first part of druaga, Ill watch the second some time later, hopefully not after a year or more.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Wow.

Moving around wildly on stages is kind of addicting now that I think about it.
I just sat there moving around for like 20 minutes, not even really doing anything.
That's the most productive type of solo training too, it's like the more comfortable you get with just moving around platforms, the easier it is to actually move how you want during in game situations.
it also means you can style harder

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
idk if it's because it's fitting right into my schedule, but I really like the way Forte 2 is being run so far. I hope it becomes a mainstay major in Texas.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Guys guys guys/gals/guys! I'm working on animations for that Reality 64 mod, and I'm having some problems with twitching in the limbs of my rough Mario 64 Back Air.
Anyone with animation know-how I should go about making this thing more symmetrical/less twitchy in BrawlBox?

Edit: Is there any decent animation freeware I can use for the mod that is NOT Brawlbox? D:

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Short answer, don't animate in Brawlbox, it's interlopation sucks for animating things, animate in Maya instead.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64144.0

As for your animation, there needs to be more force in his legs when he kicks.
There simply isn't enough force in the kick to warrant it doing damage at all as it stands.
On top of that, Smash 64 has a bunch of limb stretching on ALL the characters, and for the sake of hitboxes, I would recommend emulating that.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Short answer, don't animate in Brawlbox, it's interlopation sucks for animating things, animate in Maya instead.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64144.0

As for your animation, there needs to be more force in his legs when he kicks.
There simply isn't enough force in the kick to warrant it doing damage at all as it stands.
On top of that, Smash 64 has a bunch of limb stretching on ALL the characters, and for the sake of hitboxes, I would recommend emulating that.
Yeah, I know what you mean. The limb stretch was on my agenda from the beginning. It's just this damn interpolation issue. :/

PS: Thanks for the pointer on the power though, I'll speed up the leg kick and increase the body contraction a bit lot to give some real "oomph" to it.
Also, @ Eternal Yoshi Eternal Yoshi , can I export the animation from Brawl Box to Maya?

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
So yeah, found out that because of the whole "NoA doesn't want PM streamed from major tournaments" thing, our scene's not gonna host PM after Paragon and attendance was already lower than normal today.

Sweet, awesome, cool, great, and many other adjectives.
PR-whoring cowards. This is why political correctness is bad.

We don't need 'em. Play anyway.

Can someone please explain the mindset behind hating mods?
I come from a Pc gaming background so mods are a natural part of the gaming experience. Seeing this stigma on PM because of its mod status is insane to me.
(Wo)Man-children are allowed to have opinions.
If they weren't, you would literally not see any salt.
Says the guy who wants to take away everyone's free will.
Precisely. Crap like that is just another reason why not everything should be allowed to exist/happen.
As long as opinions and unhindered choice are the norm, nothing changes because no one wants change.
...Too bad, so sad, for them.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I lost my wii remote and wanna play PM, is there any way for me to get to the homebrew channel without one?

Player -0

Smash Hero
@SpiderMad I'd love to but unfortunately I'm on vacation. Once I got here I found out there' a Wii chilling and just connected to the TV. I have my GCC controller but didn't bring Brawl or SD Card because didn't think there would be a Wii.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Where can I find a controller for my controller

I need one
You mod it like a boss.

@SpiderMad how do you auto cancel fair with pikachu? I NEED HALP
First, why do you even need to autocancel Fair? It's got like, 10 frames of lag. Normal landing lag is like, idk, 5?
Two, can't you just use debug mode to see if you even can?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
First, why do you even need to autocancel Fair? It's got like, 10 frames of lag. Normal landing lag is like, idk, 5?
Two, can't you just use debug mode to see if you even can?
I never lab I just rely on spacing, so I have no idea how to use debug mode.

And apparently auto cancelled fairs truly link into upsmash or grab where L cancelled fairs don't.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
so like I got bored and theorycrafted out of my ass the ideal PM/smash controller
basically it's a fightstick with a stick that can detect tilts so one hand can focus on the accuracy of the joystick while the other presses buttons
we have a and b buttons (duh) x and y buttons (for djc shenanigans, objectively easier than one button) l and r buttons because why not. two Z buttons like the ccp, a d button (for taunts/footstools), a d pad, and most importantly, the addition of a c stick and a modifier button for the entire stick (when I planned it out, specifically to momentarily change the c stick to bsticking). Like I think every AT is easier with this setup. that being said nobody will ever make this lol

Attachments

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
so like I got bored and theorycrafted out of my *** the ideal PM/smash controller
basically it's a fightstick with a stick that can detect tilts so one hand can focus on the accuracy of the joystick while the other presses buttons
we have a and b buttons (duh) x and y buttons (for djc shenanigans, objectively easier than one button) l and r buttons because why not. two Z buttons like the ccp, a d button (for taunts/footstools), a d pad, and most importantly, the addition of a c stick and a modifier button for the entire stick (when I planned it out, specifically to momentarily change the c stick to bsticking). Like I think every AT is easier with this setup. that being said nobody will ever make this lol
someone did make a smash fight pad a while back though.

can't find it.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
If M2K loses this tourney, I'm going to go out and buy a tub of vanilla ice cream and eat it in the corner of my room with a plastic Häagen-Dazs spoon drinking scotch while watching M2K vs Shiz on my computer.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
so like I got bored and theorycrafted out of my *** the ideal PM/smash controller
That looks like a controller that might exist for the PC.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
so hbox is guaranteed second at forte 2 in PM

where is puff on your tierlist now
same place, bad. He bopped sethlon because puff still wins that MU, then just outplayed oracle constantly, but it still was last hit last stock.

Hbox/puff works a lot harder to get the same results other characters do

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Did oracle play ROB?
Yeah. both were at like 100+% on norfair, I think Oracle went for a booster>Nair trying to catch hbox in the air but Hbox shielded it and Upsmash OoS, caught oracle with no DI and he died.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
It would work without a modifier button and only one z button. I counted it out in my head and a CC has 13 inputs counting each direction on the dpad, abxy, l/r zr/zl and the minus button (Home button and plus button remaining unchanged.)
The only tricky part would be getting the game to recognize the minus button as an input for something

Top Bottom