• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Ah yes, weird dreams. I still remember one where I was watching my brother's soccer football game when zombies suddenly emerged from the tall grass and bushes situated from the other side of the field. Then, me and my family got into a flying vehicle (Can't remember if it was an helicopter or a flying saucer) and suddenly, my dream cut off a viking whack-a-mole game for no reason.
Wait why am I talking about this in the first place
Weird dream stories are the best, though.

I want to hear them.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
At least people look at the EC and WC. Try being in the Midwest where we are ignored by everyone like a mofo unless it's for a certain tourney :(.
Sucks to live in a crappy part of the country. Too far north to go to Texas tournies, too far west for east coast and too far east for west coast. Only recently found there was actually a PM scene near me, though from what I hear most of the players are at the low level. I'll take what I can get, in any case.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Sucks to live in a crappy part of the country. Too far north to go to Texas tournies, too far west for east coast and too far east for west coast. Only recently found there was actually a PM scene near me, though from what I hear most of the players are at the low level. I'll take what I can get, in any case.
What you need to do is go in and rolfstomp them, that way they have more drive to be better.
And then you continuously trade roflstomps until you guys are da bes.

Works 100% of the time. Assuming people want to get better.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
What you need to do is go in and rolfstomp them, that way they have more drive to be better.
And then you continuously trade roflstomps until you guys are da bes.

Works 100% of the time. Assuming people want to get better.
I haven't even gotten to play against them yet. Only have the word of a friend to go by. Hoping they hold a tournament that I can actually get to soon, missed out on the last one due to my ride having other plans afterwards that couldn't include me.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I had a dream I became a smashboards mod
and just like my suspicions, they were in deed secret agents too
so I went around fighting bad guys from my other recurring dreams, all while monitoring the forums
No details about my dream last night

Except that I'm so, so, so glad to be awake

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
The other night I had a dream that I argued with Raven Symone about the Michael Brown case on the streets of NYC with our classmates and professor and she got so mad over it she talked to some triads and got them to send hitmen to take me out.

Then all of the sudden I was on a giant cruise ship with a really dark and dreary interior that looked like something out of a Tim Burton film. After chilling in a dark corridor for a while, the two hitmen started to pursue me. One was some dude with tranquilizer darts that looked like syringes, and the other was a chick with a sniper rifle. They had me pinned behind wall where I was trapped for a while, but then I remembered that I was Batman.

I decided to rush them and as I did, I caught one of the dude's tranquilizer darts and was able to strafe my way to the chick with the sniper rifle. I began stabbing her with the syringe and eventually injected her with a little to incapacitate her as I watched the other dude run away. I decide that I couldn't leave the girl alone since it was my job as Batman to serve and protect, so I brought her to a separate corridor where we would be safe and where I could put on my Batsuit. The chick was high as **** and started being nice and somehow, we ended up ****ing (probably because I was Batman). I thought she was going to betray me, so I injected her with the rest of the tranquilizer to incapacitate her further, when all of the sudden I heard an explosion.

Red lights started flashing and signaled that the cruise ship was sinking, so I grabbed the girl and tried to find a way out. The explosion ended up coming from the other hitman, who I saw making his escape as the ship was slowly flipping. I couldn't find a way out and ended up sinking with the ship, when suddenly we were saved by my bat-submarine (that looked like an orange angel fish). It seemed like we were saved, but unfortunately as we were making our way towards the surface, a giant eel-looking sea creature mistook us for an actual fish. Just as we got to the surface, we ended up in it's mouth struggling to break free from it's tongue's grip, and I slowly watched the girl get taken out of the submarine and swallowed. The same thing happened to me, and the... camera (I guess?) was left looking at the surface of the water where we were just eaten, and where the sea monster disappeared.

Miraculously, we emerged from the water being held by a robotic eyeball with bug-like wings that was apparently the chick's, which I had noticed earlier in my dream but didn't think much of it. We ended up landing on a piece of rubble, hoping to find spare parts lying around so we could modify the eyeball thing to be able to fly us back to the main land. My dream ended there. **** was cash.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Da Midwest struggles lol. And Kansas there is a smash scene. Idk if your by Lawrence, Wichita or Overland Park though

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
The scene near me is like an hour and a half away. I went hoping to get exposed like three weeks ago, and then I didn't get exposed. I felt like I was one of the top players there, and it was only my first time going ;~;. I assume the good players weren't there since it was just the casual weekly. I'll have to try and get to one of the monthly tournies to see how I actually do I guess.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
You guys make me feel lucky. I don't have a car, but I'm in the first suburb north of Chicago, so a good bit happens around here.

I just typically need a car to get to those places...

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
The scene near me is like an hour and a half away. I went hoping to get exposed like three weeks ago, and then I didn't get exposed. I felt like I was one of the top players there, and it was only my first time going ;~;. I assume the good players weren't there since it was just the casual weekly. I'll have to try and get to one of the monthly tournies to see how I actually do I guess.
TN has some solid players like kman and pickles. If you is weak, you will die. I forgot how far stuff is there, but maybe I'll go back there one of these days.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
When they said the hardest part about competition was actually going, who knew it meant it was always gonna be hella far away?
I need to move away from Smallville and get to Metropolis already. Never gonna become Superman if I don't have experience against multiple characters.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
TN has some solid players like kman and pickles. If you is weak, you will die. I forgot how far stuff is there, but maybe I'll go back there one of these days.
Sounds like fun. I'm ready to die and die again until I can win.
But those players weren't there when I went, so that's still disappointing.
Edit: also make sure to tell me when you're going. I don't have much actual player experience since I can't go all the time but I'm sure it'd still be fun to play with someone from this thread lol

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
Where did you find people saying that btw? I've never seen someone say DK is anywhere above midtier on these forums.
Other forums I post on - I'm admittedly not entirely interested in posting in the actual Smash 4 boards here, judging by what I've seen the few times I've ventured in there.

There are people who are placing DK higher than Ganon?
Not that it's an objective qualifier or anything, but a friend of mine has a 90% winrate on For Glory playing almost exclusively Ganon. I feel like playing as "low tier" characters isn't going to be as big a handicap as it was in Melee or Brawl (or Project M) 'cause a lot of the stuff that made them unviable in the first place is gone (like edgehogging).

Honestly? Most of the people playing as the supposed high tier characters in For Glory end up being scrublords - I've basically never lost to a Sheik, Diddy Kong or Rosalina, despite hearing that they're the best - but I get my ass destroyed by random people playing Luigi or Bowser or etc. Maybe that's a match-up thing, since I basically only play as Dedede anymore, but still.

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Not that it's an objective qualifier or anything, but a friend of mine has a 90% winrate on For Glory playing almost exclusively Ganon. I feel like playing as "low tier" characters isn't going to be as big a handicap as it was in Melee or Brawl (or Project M) 'cause a lot of the stuff that made them unviable in the first place is gone (like edgehogging).

Honestly? Most of the people playing as the supposed high tier characters in For Glory end up being scrublords - I've basically never lost to a Sheik, Diddy Kong or Rosalina, despite hearing that they're the best - but I get my *** destroyed by random people playing Luigi or Bowser or etc. Maybe that's a match-up thing, since I basically only play as Dedede anymore, but still.
It certainly feels like a big portion of the cast has been homogenized options-wise, while only a few stand out above the rest. Afaik there isn't a common consensus on who's low tier yet (besides maybe Swordfighter lmao). Most characters are stuffed in midtier from what I've seen. Not gonna say stuff like "this is the most balanced smash" yet cuz it would be baloney this early in the meta.

I've personally had the most trouble against the links..until I pick Megaman or Link myself.

Oh, and I guess villager is an ass to fight (..until I pick Megaman, PMDT nerf pls)

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Is there legally such a thing as cuddle ****? Because that's how lonely I am.

Oh wow, they censored that word? I feel like I used it recently. Anyway it was the r-word.

Last edited:
Top Bottom