• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
It'l be okay, because if Freeza becomes the main villain again, the henchmen will just wish em back to life even stronger, or it turns out he has another final form now from training with all the dead villains for so long.

If there is a show that can pull off bringing back the first major villain and deal with the power creep of the protagonists, its DBZ. Their solution for GT was to just make Goku artificially weaker just because (is GT not canon? Idk anymore).

Their solution will be silly, but should totally work in the rules set by the rest of the Dragon ball Z content

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'm not surprised to see a new movie - there were a lot of sequel hooks in Battle of Gods - but I'm surprised (and excited) to see Frieza.
I know right.

Judging by the fire though, I don't really expect frieza to be the same level he was at first.

Not like getting stronger is impossible or anything.

OR
OR

Frieza from one of these other universes that Bills mentioned near the end of Battle of Gods.

But I don't know if they are going to pull a multiverse.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So patch 1.04 for smash 4 3ds is out. I'm trying to record and download all my replays so when I update it they wont become useless.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Erryone be all talking bout depression five pages

Come to next page after class

****ing selfie fight

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Plate prop if you want to be pms you gotta get with the program and be more flexible. Nothing surprises the initiated. PMS can juggle relationships, waifus, metagame, pokemon, and crazy videos. We talk tourneys one page and talk about schoolgirl Ivysaur the next.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Plate prop if you want to be pms you gotta get with the program and be more flexible. Nothing surprises the initiated. PMS can juggle relationships, waifus, metagame, pokemon, and crazy videos. We talk tourneys one page and talk about schoolgirl Ivysaur the next.
Please

I was gonna one up the both of them with my hotness after they posted theirs

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Since somebody brought it up before, I can't believe they are still advertising toys for a mediocre movie like Frozen.

Sure the sister relationship is cute (the movie's main appeal it seems) but it lacks in so many departments. The lack of a credible villain for one because Disney didn't have the guts to make Elsa into a flawed villainess with a redemption arc. The movie drags on and on because of a misunderstanding essentially.

Let It Go is a weak pop song that appeals to rebellious teenagers. The opening Ice Worker song and the Fixer Upper ones are good and that's it.

And the ending being essentially a retread of love conquerors all is lame even with the twist of sisterly love over romantic love.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Since somebody brought it up before, I can't believe they are still advertising toys for a mediocre movie like Frozen.

Sure the sister relationship is cute (the movie's main appeal it seems) but it lacks in so many departments. The lack of a credible villain for one because Disney didn't have the guts to make Elsa into a flawed villainess with a redemption arc. The movie drags on and on because of a misunderstanding essentially.

Let It Go is a weak pop song that appeals to rebellious teenagers. The opening Ice Worker song and the Fixer Upper ones are good and that's it.

And the ending being essentially a retread of love conquerors all is lame even with the twist of sisterly love over romantic love.
I enjoyed the movie for what it was when I saw it. Looking back, I do see those flaws though. Makes me wonder if the parents could hear the trolls talking when he explained how to go about controlling her powers.

I'm reminded of the How it should have ended version where the elder troll explained and the father mistakenly assumes that means lock her up and tell her to ignore a part of herself because it's unsatisfactory to others. Not exactly a good message to send to your kids, dead king man.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I liked Frozen until the ending.

It bothers me that she immediately is able to remove the ice hell she created because she learns about how "love" is the answer.

Elsa was never without love. In fact love was the reason she feared her powers and that's what caused her to not have control of it. So the fact that she was able to be like "oh, right, love. Yeah that's the answer" annoys the hell out of me.

Also I agree, Let It Go isn't that fantastic of a song. I guess it worked for the movie, but meh.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ah, is it the "I hate popular **** and am gonna pick it apart because it's cool and I'm smart and right and everyone else stupid and wrong" hour already? That's usually not until the afternoon. ¦D

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
nonono, frozen isn't a bad movie. it's a bad movie that made a hell of a lot of money. how they did was completely god damn beyond me, but a cash-in was expected

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

guys. GUYS. someone figured out how to make a 3d reboot not look terrible

those little 2d details aaaaaaa

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

guys. GUYS. someone figured out how to make a 3d reboot not look terrible

those little 2d details aaaaaaa
Snoopy movie against the Red Baron would be hype

Like I would watch this movie, but only for the Snoopy parts

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I never bothered to watch frozen because I don't like musicals. Singing disrupts the pace of a story horribly, so you can't have a good story. Musical numbers for pivotal points of a movie intrinsically break the show, don't tell guideline of quality story writing. And I don't much like the music. I'd rather listen to a well written song that is written to be listened to rather than danced and sung. The vocal instrument is highly under utilized in almost all cases. Why create a melody that tells your story when you can just sing the story? It's part of what makes vocals so accessible and integral in pop music.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Because a character isn't just going to verbalize how they really feel, and inner monologues are considered too much like theater to use in a movie effectively as they pause everything happening so a song does the same thing.

Likewise, when somebody is trying to explain something to a group of people, exposition can be painfully boring and dry. But an upbeat song can really drive the point home in a fun way.

There are a lot of reasons for songs in a story, you're just not thinking deeply enough about it.

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
CPUs aren't good practice, I know
But Bowser feels amazing
The recovery nerfs to the cast made him better indirectly and his wavelands are sexy to boot

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've been in this social thread longer than you guys have been on SmashBoards. I've schilled with the best of them.

Bleck

Smash Master
OR
OR

Frieza from one of these other universes that Bills mentioned near the end of Battle of Gods.
or maybe they could do the reasonable thing and have power levels just sort of quietly ironed out so that Frieza is more or less as powerful as the rest of the characters have been for years and I don't think anybody but the ****tiest of ****lords would complain

but sigh no it's probably gonna be something super contrived and I'm going to have to live with it forever ,_.

mediocre movie like Frozen
brool story co

Last edited:
Top Bottom