• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Interesting choice of words.

Tell me how you intend to justify the murder of infants who come from well off, caring families, while said infant has a high life expectancy.

I have to be extremely descriptive because if I leave out any information, the intent can be twisted.

If I don't say infant and used children instead, one could assume that I mean a child that is old enough to rationalize, and thus is old enough to do wrong. If one can do wrong, then someone can have an intent and reason to murder. Infants, while they can think, do not possess the means to do wrong intentionally, which renders pretty much any "reasonable" reason to murder said infant, moot.

If I don't say well off, some psychopath could justify it as putting them out of their misery.

If I don't say caring, the same ^above^ (might I add ridiculous) logic could be used.

If I don't say high life expectancy, then one could try to justify it as mercy killing but it would be more legitimate.

Merely hypothetical situation, I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

I don't believe that you're 15.

NOT EVEN FOR A SECOND.
I mean, of course I would say that the murder of infants is wrong (which I do believe; I feel that murder is an abominable wrong), but right there you're assuming that murder is intrinsically wrong; it's only viewed as evil because we're biased on a psychological/social (sometimes I think even a biological) level in believing that it is. I can't really justify it since I'm biased towards letting little babies live, but that's assuming that it's even possible to be truly judged, if that makes sense. I've never really thought much of this stuff though.

Also, doubting someone on the internet of being younger than they are? That's a new one.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
See, to me that seems like something the SJWs for Humans equivalent of PETA would make as a parody.
apparently not which is why there was ethical debate over it. Some guys were saying they couldn't help but find it goofy / gross / gay and wasn't worth the 'principal' of the matter, and I guess some people thought it actually did have sex appeal equivalent to a woman's large bouncing breasts. *shrug*

Who knows what wound up happening. now i'm curious.

just cuz it feels good i'll give my opinion which is that I honestly think teh majority of women are not sexually stimulated by the site of a strange man's wobbling testicles and flaccid shaft so therefore attempting equivalency in sexual appeal in a fighting game in that manner doesn't work.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Why is it that when girls show off their boobs in anime that they sometimes do this weird, near-sentient bounce? Like what, there are no muscles there. Japan please stop failing anatomy.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Because it looks cool.
Things in fiction don't have to be possible in reality if they wow viewers enough!

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I mean, it is kinda hot but it's just like

where did they even get the idea? It's so out there. Now I want that to be possible in real life.
but like Vash over here, idgaf if tiny or small just give me gorgeous thighs and I'm done

my wiener takes it seriously
A sentient penis is a dangerous object.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Good and Evil are socially constructed, thus anything we assign to them is based on personal beliefs of us and our society. If we can agree that things that are "Evil" differ from person to person, then there's nothing that is objectively "evil".

For example homosexuality in western culture is (mostly) considered to be fine, where as in a place like Iran and Uganda, it is abhorrent and one of the worst things you can do in their society. It's considered "evil"

We consider murder to be evil, yet many times people or societies justify the actions.

Each event is deconstructed by each and every human whether not it is conflicting with our moral code. So one person can see something as evil, and one person can see it as good. If it's both then it can't be just one.

That being said my favourite quote for morality is from Sesame Street (I believe).

I might be paraphrasing but it's essentially "Treat others the way you wish to be treated"

I'm sure the above statement is dumb and makes no sense, which is exactly in line with me, as I am dumb and make no sense.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Why is it that when girls show off their boobs in anime that they sometimes do this weird, near-sentient bounce? Like what, there are no muscles there. Japan please stop failing anatomy.
Uh, yeah, there are pectoral muscles.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I mean, it is kinda hot but it's just like

where did they even get the idea? It's so out there. Now I want that to be possible in real life.
I seriously remember the exact movie and scene where I realized that boobs were apparently soft and malleable and it was the instant I became a man.

Who wants to hear it?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Uh, yeah, there are pectoral muscles.
Yeah but like... Ahh true, dammit. I thought this applied more to guys though but I could be absolutely wrong.

Dammit me, stop failing anatomy.

I seriously remember the exact movie and scene where I realized that boobs were apparently soft and malleable and it was the instant I became a man.

Who wants to hear it?
I remember a moment like this but irl. It was called freshman year of college :troll:

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
im sorry that im late to the waifu party

time for the best waifu

「みき みうら」
Miku Miura

Best waifu ever.

I would spend hundreds of dollars just to watch her smile irl.

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I don't think the PMDT want to acknowledge that video (at least that's what I've seen) so we may as well not discuss in here out of respect.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Honestly, life makes a lot more sense if you assume this of yourself, and you ironically gain more self-assurance in doing so (at least I did).
I think that is important. The one thing I know for sure, is that I know next to nothing.

Maybe I might know how to sew really well, but if you stuck me in front of a sink and told me to fix it, I'd be at a loss. Even brilliant people like Stephen Hawking do not have a working knowledge of all the things on earth. He's a brilliant scientist, but I doubt he knows how to fix the engines of 100 different models of cars, or how to paint depth and foreground into a painting.

That's why I never want to stop learning.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Leaks of any kind (fake, legitimate, or joke), will not be tolerated here on SmashBoards.

My waifu is Makise Kurisu. Come at me nerds

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
I mean, of course I would say that the murder of infants is wrong (which I do believe; I feel that murder is an abominable wrong), but right there you're assuming that murder is intrinsically wrong; it's only viewed as evil because we're biased on a psychological/social (sometimes I think even a biological) level in believing that it is. I can't really justify it since I'm biased towards letting little babies live, but that's assuming that it's even possible to be truly judged, if that makes sense. I've never really thought much of this stuff though.

Also, doubting someone on the internet of being younger than they are? That's a new one.
Typically there's an idea that don't do anything you wouldn't want to be done to yourself. Also taking of another life is irreversible in the sense that once it's done it's done.

I mean you can debate more but herp, thinking is hard.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Typically there's an idea that don't do anything you wouldn't want to be done to yourself. Also taking of another life is irreversible in the sense that once it's done it's done.

I mean you can debate more but herp, thinking is hard.
Thinking is dumb tbh.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
No excuses
If you're going to watch few series they might as well be good
Not like there's any shortage.
True, and I would but I tend to only watch shows socially. Like I only just recently saw an S4 episode of LoK (which god damn I really do need to catch up on) because I watched with my brother. My ex did have me watch some of this greek god harem anime and my sister had me watch Ouran Host Club. I'm convinced both of them are living yaoi fantasies vicariously through me and it's creeping me out.

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I think that is important. The one thing I know for sure, is that I know next to nothing.

Maybe I might know how to sew really well, but if you stuck me in front of a sink and told me to fix it, I'd be at a loss. Even brilliant people like Stephen Hawking do not have a working knowledge of all the things on earth. He's a brilliant scientist, but I doubt he knows how to fix the engines of 100 different models of cars, or how to paint depth and foreground into a painting.

That's why I never want to stop learning.
This guy ain't no Jester in this post; he knows what's up.

Top Bottom