• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The Fox nerf was only a decade and a half in the making, you guys didn't allow the metagame to develop around him for long enough. ;)

As for the other thing that will not be named. I'm reminded of the Apex situation and how a few assholes make the community look bad.

Don't let one disgruntled asshole stop your work PMBR, you the real MVP.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
this was the 1 thing you shouldn't have fixed
I'm going to disagree.

While I loved how stupid it was to an extent, I've cheated so many people out of potential victories thanks to that pure JANK

Literally wavedashing into a timer to slow them down, then just grab them and their body just sporadically DIES.

I almost picked up mario as my item main character because he gets infinite fireballs when he's afflicted by the timer which guards against all the shenanigans.

grabbing the ledge also is an instant kill and some people's recovery goes DOWNWARDS while it's active.

NOPEEEEEE

Okay I will try ;~; But only for you.

Only you.
That avatar.

1387356732581.jpg

Bleck

Smash Master
my favorite kind of new thing is the kind summed up as "eh, might be useful"

'cause then it's either gonna be a fun dumb thing or a good thing that nobody expects

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ye, it's tap down taunt. somebody forgot to mention that when they made link's changelog. added.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Interesting set of changes overall. Lots of what could be argued as nerfs all around. Definitely looking forward to see how the game plays with an overall far more tame cast (in theory).

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I wonder how soon people will be flocking to DDD now

Akhenderson

Smash Apprentice
When is there gonna be a japanese version for 3.5? I would really love to get my hands on it so I can play it when I get back home for the holidays and my wii just so happens to be JP.

joetherocker

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I try All Star Vs, my game crashes. Is there some kind of proper way to start it up, or is it just a glitch?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
And now I must add my obligatory music to the game.

I'll revise it later, but for now im just copy pasting my old music build lel.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
GDubs Changelog said:
Meat . . . are a bit larger in size, however throwing out chef meat frequently enough . . . has Mr. Game and Watch throw smaller pieces (Mini-Meat™) . . .

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
god ****ing DAMN HECTOR ARMOR IKE LOOKS EVEN BETTER WHEN YOU SEE IT FOR YOURSELF

also noticed you changed Ike's jump sound. I'm okay with this.

Last edited:

wannabe33

Smash Apprentice
Played for about a half hour.

For undisclosed reasons (that are obvious) I can now say PM has my favorite roster in the Smash series. I absolutely love the new stages. I absolutely love the new Ganondorf. Love the alts. Love Hector Ike. Like the nerfs. Recoveries probably could have been nerfed further, but if necessary that's something 4.0 can address.

Thanks so much for staying up late and cranking this out for us, PMDT. What a birthday gift. The Smash game I always wanted.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh, Sonic, hey buddy! Long time no see! You know what they say - the more the merrier! GET A LOAD OF NERF!

And Charizard got a Final Smash! YES! Now i can put that Ridley vertex mod over it and play properly without having no Final Smash! Can't wait to try it out.

Last edited:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
So since I only know Pikachu I'll contribute the only way I know how:

NERFS

QAC is not only restricted to the first zip, it's harder to do in general for some reason. As in the timing feels stricter and earlier. I get it was a recovery nerf, but a lot of Pika's variety was gutted for his neutral game, and you can't a ton of cool tricks. The basic stuff is still there, it's just feels less creative now.

Skull bash can't snap to the ledge anymore. That was the only thing remaining from Brawl that made it better than Melee. I can complain about it with no qualms now! BWAHAHA

BUFFS

U-throw seems good. That's it.
LOL NOPE NEVERMIND THIS WASN'T FIXED, THANKS!

OTHER

DACUS is in but ineffectual, QA backwards grab is great despite it's situational use.. Purple wizard hat is an unexpected choice, and the swag hat covers a surprising portion of Pika's face.

Overall, I'd like to see how Pika performs in a more down to earth metagame, but he has like no hype factor now that QAC is gutted. How will we get new Pika mains if the biggest unique thing that made him awesome is no longer good? Just curious since the changelog is relatively sparse, but was the rest of his moveset, well... looked at? I could say it was good enough already but then I remember dash attack and it brings back horrible memories.

Last edited:
Top Bottom