• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
It's unlocked. It's weird, the match is about to start. When it counts down "3, 2, 1..". It freeze right as it says "go".
That's so weird. As you can tell by video I have on the first post it clearly works. Your saying you can boot all the way and see the brawl start screen with patt edition and my anime face?

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
That's so weird. As you can tell by video I have on the first post it clearly works. Your saying you can boot all the way and see the brawl start screen with patt edition and my anime face?
Yeah, most of the time. It fails to boot up occasionally, but not often. It just freezes when the match starts, or it freezes when you select a stage.

EDIT: Also, while booting up, where you get the black screen with all the coding, it says "eventhook failed with code 0" or something along those lines. It lets you proceed to all the screens, but you can't play a game.
And even then it just fails to boot up sometimes. Also, I don't know if this means anything, like I didn't extract correctly, but I don't have the changelog or songs replaced or the backgground.png or anything. Just the game config.

Last edited:

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
Thanks for this amazing build! It is gonna help me contain my hype for Smash 4 3DS! Shulk!!!

Last edited:

Shintaro

Smash Rookie
This is an awesome build, keep up the good work. I have a question though. Whenever I go to pick a stage it seems to freeze like every other time. Could you possibly help me?

Yeah, most of the time. It fails to boot up occasionally, but not often.

It just freezes when the match starts, or it freezes when you select a stage. It's a similar problem to Yoichi's, but it's just after selecting the stage.
Similar to this person's, but it only fails after the stage is selected and like every other time. Sorry for the two posts. Is this also any way I can delete or merge these posts? Thanks Yoichi. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Similar to this person's, but it only fails after the stage is selected and like every other time. Sorry for the two posts. Is this also any way I can delete or merge these posts?
You can click edit and just edit the post, then delete this one.
Welcome to the forums. :)

BOWSER_BASHER

Smash Cadet
Hey Patt, great work on the mod, despite me having problems with it working. Just question but when will the 3.5 update be out? Any more Bowser alt costumes?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey Patt, great work on the mod, despite me having problems with it working. Just question but when will the 3.5 update be out? Any more Bowser alt costumes?
Whenever 3.5 comes out. Can't skin something that isn't there.

So... are you gonna help me? :|

Don't mean to sound pushy or anything. :p
Delete everything on your card. Format. Re download my newest build. Make sure you have no custom stages. Make sure your sd card is not locked. Go to stage builder.

If it doesn't work try again. If that doesn't work. Try one more time.

If that doesn't work buy a new 2gb non SDHC card.

Goodluck

Go Go Ganon

Smash Rookie
Just thought I would stop by to tell you that the Ganon patch is working great! I see that you have uploaded a patch that contains an updated bootloader -- do you think it is necessary for me to download if I have never had any launch issues with your build? Put about 12 hours into version 11 with my friends so far and haven't come across any issues.

I have a question regarding the Triforce Ganon mod that you have in the build. I saw on the forums that the mod has the ability to change between magic and sword mode. I don't see the ability to change between the two in your build; his attacks appeared to be mixed between the two modes. Is there an option to switch between the two? Would be cool if there was a skin that applied his vanilla moveset (I saw you uploaded the original but I'm still having too much fun with his sword...) or if using a specific taunt would swap his moveset during battle (though I have no idea how that could be implemented).

Anyways, thanks again for the awesome build, Patt.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Whenever 3.5 comes out. Can't skin something that isn't there.

Delete everything on your card. Format. Re download my newest build. Make sure you have no custom stages. Make sure your sd card is not locked. Go to stage builder.
...But I'm on Dolphin, remember? Sorry for not being specific enough. xP

Phazon117

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phazon117
3DS FC
0275-8911-6156
Superb soundtrack picks. Everything about PMPE oozes fun, but as a game music/anime dork, some of the tracks made me laugh in their own right (One Piece rap).

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Just thought I would stop by to tell you that the Ganon patch is working great! I see that you have uploaded a patch that contains an updated bootloader -- do you think it is necessary for me to download if I have never had any launch issues with your build? Put about 12 hours into version 11 with my friends so far and haven't come across any issues.

I have a question regarding the Triforce Ganon mod that you have in the build. I saw on the forums that the mod has the ability to change between magic and sword mode. I don't see the ability to change between the two in your build; his attacks appeared to be mixed between the two modes. Is there an option to switch between the two? Would be cool if there was a skin that applied his vanilla moveset (I saw you uploaded the original but I'm still having too much fun with his sword...) or if using a specific taunt would swap his moveset during battle (though I have no idea how that could be implemented).

Anyways, thanks again for the awesome build, Patt.
The version your moving is his newest version that merged the best of all modes into one. You can easily switch to that mod if you go to Ashingda's thread.

...But I'm on Dolphin, remember? Sorry for not being specific enough. xP
Oh! Haha I did not update the dolphin versions but they should be working.

Can you detail your process so I can troubleshoot?

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Well, here goes nothing:
First, I went to Dolphin 3.5 and went to Config>Wii>Insert SD Card
Next, I installed that WAD you linked me to my ISO of Project M
Then, I set it to default.
And last, I opened it, saw the boot up screen and hype intensifies, but it crashed like 3 seconds after it had loading and the Smash Bros. logo.
Hopefully you can fix this for me. :c

Go Go Ganon

Smash Rookie
Didn't realize that the mixed moveset is actually the newest version of the mod. I will definitely stick with it.

ToastyYlissean

Smash Rookie
NNID
IkeClimbers
3DS FC
2294-4644-5316
Hey there. Heres a simple request. Would you mind adding a Chrom skin to Roy or Ike? I think Chrom fits in with those 2, instead of Marth. Thanks for reading.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Well, here goes nothing:
First, I went to Dolphin 3.5 and went to Config>Wii>Insert SD Card
Next, I installed that WAD you linked me to my ISO of Project M
Then, I set it to default.
And last, I opened it, saw the boot up screen and hype intensifies, but it crashed like 3 seconds after it had loading and the Smash Bros. logo.
Hopefully you can fix this for me. :c
Okay got it.

You can't use a pre made project m ISO. Use a regular brawl ISO

And the wad is installed in tools install wad right?

Didn't realize that the mixed moveset is actually the newest version of the mod. I will definitely stick with it.
Also the launcher patch is only if you have issues. If you don't, then awesome :)

Last edited:

Maurice831

Smash Rookie
Yo guys i need a mediafire pro to download 2 folders at once fro the hackless version....HELLPPPPP!!!!!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Well, when I tried it with a Brawl ISO, it was just regular Brawl. When I tried it with Project M's ISO, it's the closest I've got to working.
I can garuntee that using the project m ISO won't work. You need to make sure to sd card is in the dolphin/wii folder, sd card is checked and you install the wad. Then you click open, boot.elf.

It should load. Try you tubing project m on dolphin tutorial or even some of the tutorials on my thread.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I FINALLY GOT IT. Thank you Patt!
I just had to go to the Project M Menu and update it to launcher 1.04.
Okay that works :) Your playing it then? How is it?

Yo guys i need a mediafire pro to download 2 folders at once fro the hackless version....HELLPPPPP!!!!!
Why are you download 2 folders? Go into the hackless folder, and find the zip file that has complete build in the name.

Or just download this http://www.mediafire.com/download/r...anon+Version+and+Critical+Launcher+Patch).zip

Last edited:

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
I can garuntee that using the project m ISO won't work. You need to make sure to sd card is in the dolphin/wii folder, sd card is checked and you install the wad. Then you click open, boot.elf.

It should load. Try you tubing project m on dolphin tutorial or even some of the tutorials on my thread.
Nope, still Regular Brawl for some reason. Also, it always asks if I want to make a save file and says I don't have enough memory. Does it matter if the WAD is IOS36-64-v3608.wad or IOS36-64-3608.wad?

Also, does it matter what version of Dolphin I'm using?

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Patt Edition is Wii Mote Plus compatible, right? I'm talking about for the PM menu
Yes sir!
Loving it, just like I knew I would. :)
Oh my goodness, Im actually so glad that you got to play! You deserve it my friend, enjoy! I am so sorry it was such a hassle for you :(
Nope, still Regular Brawl for some reason. Also, it always asks if I want to make a save file and says I don't have enough memory. Does it matter if the WAD is IOS36-64-v3608.wad or IOS36-64-3608.wad?

Also, does it matter what version of Dolphin I'm using?
I dont think so but I always play the newest version of dolphin. I use dolphin 4.0-2xxx or whatever its on now.
Use this wad. And try not to change the name. Where did you get the boot.elf from? Use this one. Download it and open it when (SD card is in the proper folder, sd card inserted is checked, wad is installed, brawl disc is right clicked and set as default disc. Open the boot.elf with File > Open.

Goodluck! If it doesnt work, Im going to upload a new SD card that has the launcher build in but I dont think that matters. I really want this to work for you!

Last edited:

James Cronin

Smash Rookie
I was finally able to load up Project M Patt Edition! My friends have loved it and so have I. I only have one problem. How do I change Marth's voice back into Japanese? I don't really like the English voice of Marth and it would be great if i could change it. Thanks Patt! :)

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I was finally able to load up Project M Patt Edition! My friends have loved it and so have I. I only have one problem. How do I change Marth's voice back into Japanese? I don't really like the English voice of Marth and it would be great if i could change it. Thanks Patt! :)
Its in one of the sound files in the SFX folder. 26 is marth.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Yes sir!
I dont think so but I always play the newest version of dolphin. I use dolphin 4.0-2xxx or whatever its on now.
Use this wad. And try not to change the name. Where did you get the boot.elf from? Use this one. Download it and open it when (SD card is in the proper folder, sd card inserted is checked, wad is installed, brawl disc is right clicked and set as default disc. Open the boot.elf with File > Open.

Goodluck! If it doesnt work, Im going to upload a new SD card that has the launcher build in but I dont think that matters. I really want this to work for you!
No, it still didn't work. :(. Like always, every time I get passed the part where I'm in Boot.elf and I launch it, it's just regular Brawl. I guess you should try putting the launcher in the SD Card.

I do appreciate your guidance so far, tho. :)

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
No, it still didn't work. :(. Like always, every time I get passed the part where I'm in Boot.elf and I launch it, it's just regular Brawl. I guess you should try putting the launcher in the SD Card.

I do appreciate your guidance so far, tho. :)
Go into settings in that boot.elf and set the hook type to axnextframe

Top Bottom