• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey Patt- would you at all be willing to bring back the "Green Hawk" skin for Falco? Also can you bring Klonoa in as well? I love that skin..also is there a way to build an ISO with your files? It doesn't allow the lower half of the char select screen to be used when I try.
I can't build an iso either.. It doesn't work for me at all. I'll consider it for those skins. :)

It works now, the problem was the way I was booting the game. is against the rules of smashboards, if I explain how to launch the mod when we are booting from Usb?
No one has ever asked this so you probably don't have to share. Just keep watching and PM anyone who asks :)

Bayeul

Smash Cadet
I need your help please,

I wanna swap a character with another with psa movesets.
For information it's cloud over ike.
But the only way it works is to replace fitikemotionetc.pac with the original one but I want to keep the ike's movesets
so what can I do ?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I need your help please,

I wanna swap a character with another with psa movesets.
For information it's cloud over ike.
But the only way it works is to replace fitikemotionetc.pac with the original one but I want to keep the ike's movesets
so what can I do ?
You can't do anything sorry. It's not possible.

I downloaded the newest version and patched, it. Acorn plains freezes everytime i pick it
It's your sd card, format and re add the files

acz

Smash Rookie
NNID
aczumel
Hey patt. Love the mod. Patt edition is my favorite brawl mod to play, but I do have a problem with it. Whenever someone uses the nabbit skin for wario the game crashes. Are you planning on replacing that skin in the next update or just tweaking it so it doesn't crash? Thanks again and keep up the good work.

V_Dubzz

Smash Rookie
How exactly do I apply this patch? I'm not too great with this stuff. I'm on hackless wii and believe I had the most current version before this patch. Can I have some help?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
How exactly do I apply this patch? I'm not too great with this stuff. I'm on hackless wii and believe I had the most current version before this patch. Can I have some help?
If you don't know how to patch it that's fine. Just download the most recent complete pack and you'll be fine.

leomere

Smash Rookie
hey HI, im actually downloading the patt edittion but i want to keep an original one with just the character selection roost(pixelated chars and pillar css) no chars textures(when you press Y or X to change color), is there a way to download just the archive with thhose settings? (sorry about english, not my native lenguage).

Bayeul

Smash Cadet
Is that possible to injected 100 character's slots (as brawl ex) on the Project M ?

Bayeul

Smash Cadet
Hey Patt,

Do you know how simply add extra slot for characters on your PMPE ?
Or do you know if it's possible to replace a character based on ike with Mr game ?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey Patt,

Do you know how simply add extra slot for characters on your PMPE ?
Or do you know if it's possible to replace a character based on ike with Mr game ?
I don't know how to add character slots but I beleive someone on this forum may serve as better help. I'm relatively useless anhthing that isn't basic compiling.

hey HI, im actually downloading the patt edittion but i want to keep an original one with just the character selection roost(pixelated chars and pillar css) no chars textures(when you press Y or X to change color), is there a way to download just the archive with thhose settings? (sorry about english, not my native lenguage).
That's alright! I'm still trying to understand the question. Go to TheytahK's mod school thread about learning the basics of brawl vault and portrait modding :)

cherrim98

Smash Rookie
Patt, I have a few things about this mod I must say.
1. Ganondorf and his clones, their final smash is always Johnny Bravo on his motorcycle
2. The game crashes with Nabbit, it loads for a little but when I attack it crashes
3. Same thing with Rouge, Knuckles, and Shadow (replacing Sonic)

Think you could fix these? Love your mod by the way.

EDIT: Also, I have some ideas that you can add for the next version.
1. Plusle and Minun (from pokemon) could be a possibility for an Ice Climbers skin. Replace Billy and Mandy.. (Use Brawl- skin perhaps? )
2. Chrom (from Fire Emblem) and/or Shulk (from Xenoblade) could be a Marth skin? (If possible) don't replace Lucina or Lyn
3. Young Link for a Link/Toon Link skin? (You could use Melee's model.)
4. Robin (from Fire Emblem) anywhere?

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Patt, I have a few things about this mod I must say.
1. Ganondorf and his clones, their final smash is always Johnny Bravo on his motorcycle
2. The game crashes with Nabbit, it loads for a little but when I attack it crashes
3. Same thing with Rouge, Knuckles, and Shadow (replacing Sonic)

Think you could fix these? Love your mod by the way.

EDIT: Also, I have some ideas that you can add for the next version.
1. Plusle and Minun (from pokemon) could be a possibility for an Ice Climbers skin. Replace Billy and Mandy.. (Use Brawl- skin perhaps? )
2. Chrom (from Fire Emblem) and/or Shulk (from Xenoblade) could be a Marth skin? (If possible) don't replace Lucina or Lyn
3. Young Link for a Link/Toon Link skin? (You could use Melee's model.)
4. Robin (from Fire Emblem) anywhere?
Those sounds like great ideas. Plusle and minun crash the game and I've found no good young link skins.

I'll play around with t characters that crash to try and find a fix

EDIT: Could only replicate the Nabbit freezing (that's a bummer Ill try to fix him). Try reformatting your card and reinstalling the hack to fix the sonic freezing.

Last edited:

cherrim98

Smash Rookie
Those sounds like great ideas. Plusle and minun crash the game and I've found no good young link skins.

I'll play around with t characters that crash to try and find a fix

EDIT: Could only replicate the Nabbit freezing (that's a bummer Ill try to fix him). Try reformatting your card and reinstalling the hack to fix the sonic freezing.
Great. Well anything can happen. Hope possibly Plus and Minun and Young Link could be there. And I will reinstalling everything. What about the Johnny Bravo as Ganondorf's Final Smash? Can u fix that?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Great. Well anything can happen. Hope possibly Plus and Minun and Young Link could be there. And I will reinstalling everything. What about the Johnny Bravo as Ganondorf's Final Smash? Can u fix that?
You can easily fix that. Go into your SD card and go into projectm/pf/fighter/ganon and delete FitGanonFinal. Done.

I don't make skins I just use other peoples, and there are no good young link, shulk, pulse minun, chrom, or robin skins sorry!

Bellininator

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt,
I've been trying for a while now to get this mod working with dolphin 4.0 but just can't. I've followed your directions, downloaded the loaded sd card, downloaded all the files that I was told to, installed the .wad file, and whenever I try to boot it up with Gecko on Dolphin, I get the Gecko screen, hit play, and it takes me to regular brawl.
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong and some help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Last edited:

cherrim98

Smash Rookie
You can easily fix that. Go into your SD card and go into projectm/pf/fighter/ganon and delete FitGanonFinal. Done.

I don't make skins I just use other peoples, and there are no good young link, shulk, pulse minun, chrom, or robin skins sorry!
It's cool :) but I had a skin for Plusle and Minun from Brawl Minus. (If you know that hack, it's one of Pichu's alternate skins)

PB&Jay

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt,
I've been trying for a while now to get this mod working with dolphin 4.0 but just can't. I've followed your directions, downloaded the loaded sd card, downloaded all the files that I was told to, installed the .wad file, and whenever I try to boot it up with Gecko on Dolphin, I get the Gecko screen, hit play, and it takes me to regular brawl.
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong and some help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
The same thing happened to me PATT HALP =(

Nekoarashi

Smash Rookie
The same thing happened to me PATT HALP =(
Did you guys check "insert SD card" in dolphin settings?> :)

Also Patt the reason I wanted an ISO is because Dolphin tends to crash out with Patt edition after x number of fights/or a certain period of time elapses.. haven't figured out why yet. Is this a common occurrence?

Bellininator

Smash Rookie
Did you guys check "insert SD card" in dolphin settings?> :)

Also Patt the reason I wanted an ISO is because Dolphin tends to crash out with Patt edition after x number of fights/or a certain period of time elapses.. haven't figured out why yet. Is this a common occurrence?
Yes I'm using the SD card option. I previously didn't have the "RSBE01.iso" file. Would that make a difference?
Edit: I got the rsbe01 file, tried starting it up again, and am just met with this screen:

Last edited:

James Cronin

Smash Rookie
how do I replace brstm files with Mp3 files? I'm using Brawl manager btw

Last edited:

aS_Skyloft

Smash Rookie
NNID
aS_Hyrule
3DS FC
1006-1033-6453
Love the mod, I play hackless version and it works very well. It's only frozen twice

SmashKing13

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ashmanthe13th
3DS FC
0130-1807-8027
Hello!

I recently played this at a friend's house and had a blast. I have now tried to install the hackless wii set but so far I have had no success. looking at the picture you gave as an example for the root of the SD card, my download is missing some items,I believe the background and songs replaced are missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FailingItUp

Smash Rookie
Just found this mod, put it on my 2gb SD card and was playing it a bit with Iron Knuckle Ganondorf, and his down-B caused a freeze on the left side of 64's kongo jungle. I came down near the left-side ramp and it froze up on me. Hope you're able to fix it, this mod compilation has been pretty fun so far!

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Froze once with nabbit on accorn plains and one with normal zss on vs dark link
Nabbit causes freezes, which zss did you use? Default costume?

Hello!

I recently played this at a friend's house and had a blast. I have now tried to install the hackless wii set but so far I have had no success. looking at the picture you gave as an example for the root of the SD card, my download is missing some items,I believe the background and songs replaced are missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I removed those files in order to streamline everything. They are not needed to start the build.

Just found this mod, put it on my 2gb SD card and was playing it a bit with Iron Knuckle Ganondorf, and his down-B caused a freeze on the left side of 64's kongo jungle. I came down near the left-side ramp and it froze up on me. Hope you're able to fix it, this mod compilation has been pretty fun so far!
That's a issues with ganondorf I've heard of. It's quite hard to pull off so congrats! Haha waiting on Ashingda to fix that.

Bellininator

Smash Rookie
How can I be sure that dolphin is reading the sd card? If it's not, how can I fix that?

Last edited:

James Cronin

Smash Rookie
I replaced X01.brstm and X03.brstm with songs i converted into brstm files using the BRSTM converter, but every time one of my custom songs play it becomes staticy after about 10 seconds and plays X02.brstm. I deleted X02.brstm and it still plays. Please help me out with this Patt. Thank you so much for helping me out with all of my questions :b::b:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I replaced X01.brstm and X03.brstm with songs i converted into brstm files using the BRSTM converter, but every time one of my custom songs play it becomes staticy after about 10 seconds and plays X02.brstm. I deleted X02.brstm and it still plays. Please help me out with this Patt. Thank you so much for helping me out with all of my questions :b::b:
Remember that when you mix and add and remove various songs things get defragmented. Remove all the songs off the card and readd them. Or take everything off the card, reformat and re add.

How can I be sure that dolphin is reading the sd card? If it's not, how can I fix that?
Make sure in config under the wii tab insert sd is selected. Then when brawl is selected as default ios and you open the boot elf (assuming you installed the ios36 wad) gecko should come up with Patt edition on it.

So is there any way to use the older Ganon mod where he had 3 movesets by using the D-pad, instead of the mixed Ganon?
Go to Ashingda's thread and find the link to that version. Then replace FitGanon and FitGanonMotionEtc (I'm probably wrong with those names, I'm tired) in the projectm/pf/ganon folder.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
awesome. also have you ever thought about talking to the guys from "Project M+" to ask if you could add their Dr. Mario, Young Link, and Pichu chatacters from Melee? A;so this would mean a total 30 new costume slots if they work with cBliss!

Just a thought.

Last edited:

HyperSam14

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamTheTaco14
3DS FC
1220-8299-3333
I love this mod so much :) by the way, where did you get your Naruto texture from?

Bellininator

Smash Rookie

So this is what my Dolphin folder and my Wii folder look like. Does this look right? I'm using Brawl as my default ISO and I have the "insert sd card" box checked. However, when I open boot.elf, I get the regular gecko menu and hitting "Launch game" takes me straight to the regular brawl...

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect

So this is what my Dolphin folder and my Wii folder look like. Does this look right? I'm using Brawl as my default ISO and I have the "insert sd card" box checked. However, when I open boot.elf, I get the regular gecko menu and hitting "Launch game" takes me straight to the regular brawl...
Did you install that wad from the picture? That helps.

Bellininator

Smash Rookie
Did you install that wad from the picture? That helps.
Haha as far as I know, yeah. When I click on install wad and then on that file, there's a quick flash of something then it's done so I'm guessing it gets installed..?

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Haha as far as I know, yeah. When I click on install wad and then on that file, there's a quick flash of something then it's done so I'm guessing it gets installed..?
Yes sir. So it all seems good. Try opening the wad file from file>open instead of gecko.

If you stick with gecko go into gecko settings and change hook type to axnextframe

That should do it

Last edited:

Bellininator

Smash Rookie
Yes sir. So it all seems good. Try opening the wad file from file>open instead of gecko.

If you stick with gecko go into gecko settings and change hook type to axnextframe

That should do it
Hmmm... opening the wad file via file>open only caused dolphin to crash. And changing the settings to axnextframe didn't seem to work either.
No matter. I could probably just wait til I get another copy of Brawl for my Wii (other copy doesn't seem to be working anymore) and then use the hackless wii method. Until then, I'll probably try and see if I have any luck with dolphin 3.5 rather than 4.0.2...

Top Bottom