• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
There's a pack floating around on these forums that has a young link model that works fine (I think it's NFreaks build) but not sure if he adjusted the model prior to adding it.

Sadly I'm next to useless in regards to brawl hacking. Wish I could help further.
If you could download his pack and test that for me it would save me some time! If it does happen to be a good model navigate to projectm/pf/fighter and copy the whole toon link folder to your desktop. Zip that file, upload it to media fired and share it with me :) Thanks.

Bayeul

Smash Cadet
Hi,

When I swap a stage with another it works well
but when I swap sss icons with good one on common5 it freezes why ?
What I have to do please ?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hi,

When I swap a stage with another it works well
but when I swap sss icons with good one on common5 it freezes why ?
What I have to do please ?
The size is usually too large. This happens to me ALL the time haha. Size it down to 114x114 for the big previews. That'll do the trick.

Bayeul

Smash Cadet
Thanks you solve my problem!

Last question, when I try to swap a custom stage it freezes...
do you have an idea ?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Thanks you solve my problem!

Last question, when I try to swap a custom stage it freezes...
do you have an idea ?
Make sure the real is correct.

Use this tool

Select the base real (so if the stage is say a distant planet based stage.. It'll say on brawl vault) then on the left select distant planet and on the right select custom. Download that rel file and drop it in the module folder with the correct CUSTOMXX name matching the stage you replaced.

Booster

Smash Lord
I'm working hard at the update that's coming! Lots of crappy character removals, stage additions and music changes. I've been doing this for so long that I can only really do minor tweaks. I don't want to change my UI to much because it's become synonymous with PMPE, and I love too many if the characters for me to remove them.

Anyways here's an updated work in progress changelog for 3.5-01

PM 3.5-01

CHARACTER UPDATES
Updated all characters to newest smash 3 release
updated toon zelda to cel shaded
update ganondorf to mixed v1
updated lucina to newer model
updated flygon over charizard
updated roy over wario
updated little mac on captain falcon
updated knuckles on sonic
update metal sonic on sonic (question would you guys rather an okay sonic metal sonic or an awesome wolf metal sonic?)

CHARACTER REPLACEMENTS
replaced feraligator charizard with Ho-oh skin (maybe keep)
replaced little lucario with sceptile over lucario
replaced sanji with soothe over sheik
replaced pirate wolf with general pepper over wolf
replaced striker mario with pac man
replaced king bulbin with nabbit over wario
replaced cloud with classic version over ike (change csp and bp)
replaced sephiroth with better skin over roy
replaced maxwell with Ninten over ness
repalced punch guy with masked man over ness
replaced pacman with blaze the cat on sonic
replaced nidoking with mecha bowser over bowser
replaced diablo with Superman over ganondorf Freeze
replaced nidoran with Spyro over ivysaur
replaced aqua with axel over marth
replaced green bird sonic with leon over falco
replaced dark samus with arbiter over samus
replaced cloister with demidevimon over metaknight
replaced megaman with PED samus over samus
replaced bomb kid with Ty over toonlink
replaced pirate yoshi with guilmon over yoshi (great model.. no egg)
replaced non masked man lucas with mumbo jumbo over Lucas
replaced bowser with gruntilda over dedede

STAGES
reorganized SSS to group stage themes together
replaced mushroomy kingdom 1 with acorn plains
replaced tournament stage (dragon ball) with bombomb battle field
replaced sei-an city with vs. bowser
replaced vs. bowser with metamine
replaced going merry with normal pirate ship (waiting on edel)
replaced sacred realm with simpler transitions version
Replaced final destination melee with wii u version
replaced super mario world stage with Deku Palace
replaced venom with wily’s castle

SONGS
replaced x10 with acorn plains
replaced t05 with bombomb battle field music
R04 with Entering Unbound
q04 with before battle
w14 with battle 1
x06 with bowser vs song
made x20 last day remix
Added monolith announcer (temp)
Changed t01 with final destination wii u
changed Y15 to deku palace remix
changed Y14 to Wily’s castle

To do:
Transfer everything over to 3.5
Change final destination songs (that stupid rap song)
find stages to match characters (remove extra un-needed mario/zelda/pokemon stages)

Please post any recommendations for stages that represent your favourite of the 300+ characters in my pack :)
I support most of these changes, especially adding Gruntilda and getting rid of the Diablo costume on Ganondorf, those wings were strange

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Hey common problem. Please make sure to use my whole pack and not just parts of it. You need the code files included. My pack is a project m REPLACEMENT not a PATCH :)
Ooh....
I think I know why I'm missing content then.
I downloaded Project M and then merged your files with it like a patch. I guess I was supposed to just use your files independently? That makes sense.

EDIT: Although when I first did that, I just got sent to the regular stage builder screen.
I know someone else had the problem, so I'll look for the solution.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Decided to surprise everyone and upload all the changes Ive done early :D Guilmon on Yoshi is a little wonky as is Ganon's new sword but it's not that big of a deal. I'll address these issues come 3.5.

When it's finished I'll update the main thread title but enjoy all and happy weekend!

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
By the way, the video tutorial didn't cover this, are we supposed to download the extra files and the SD.raw thing?
No, the sd.raw is specifically for the PC emulator dolphin users. And the extra files are for various other things.

Follow this:

Hackless Wii Installation (WII/WIIU Video Tutorial):

Download the Hackless Wii Zip
Get an SD card.
Format that SD card (in FAT32 format if asked removing any files that may be located on the card).
Right click the .zip you downloaded and extract to your desktop.
Put ALL the files inside the folder you just made into the SD card.
Put SD into wii
Start up brawl
***Make sure all custom stages are deleted from console and card***
Go to stage builder
Gecko should activated within a few seconds
If freeze occurs and you can't back out of stage builder pull the power cable and try again (don't worry nothing bad happened)
On gecko screen hit press A without changing options
If wiimote turned off and did not turn back on you are probably using a wii motion plus inside remote. These are known to not work well so use an old wiimote.
Pack should say hype blah blah
Start screen should have Patt Anderson logo
If you cannot select lower half of the pillar CSS characters you did not follow these instructions correctly so add ALL the files in!

Ready to fight!
Note: If your songs glitch mid gameplay, remove all songs from the SD card and then re-add them back. Works for me!

yXLuUf5.png Example of SD root

Last edited:

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
No, the sd.raw is specifically for the PC emulator dolphin users. And the extra files are for various other things.

Follow this:

Hackless Wii Installation (WII/WIIU Video Tutorial):

Download the Hackless Wii Zip
Get an SD card.
Format that SD card (in FAT32 format if asked removing any files that may be located on the card).
Right click the .zip you downloaded and extract to your desktop.
Put ALL the files inside the folder you just made into the SD card.
Put SD into wii
Start up brawl
***Make sure all custom stages are deleted from console and card***
Go to stage builder
Gecko should activated within a few seconds
If freeze occurs and you can't back out of stage builder pull the power cable and try again (don't worry nothing bad happened)
On gecko screen hit press A without changing options
If wiimote turned off and did not turn back on you are probably using a wii motion plus inside remote. These are known to not work well so use an old wiimote.
Pack should say hype blah blah
Start screen should have Patt Anderson logo
If you cannot select lower half of the pillar CSS characters you did not follow these instructions correctly so add ALL the files in!

Ready to fight!
Note: If your songs glitch mid gameplay, remove all songs from the SD card and then re-add them back. Works for me!

yXLuUf5.png Example of SD root
Thanks! I can't wait to download it when the update finishes uploading.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
When I extracted it, I only got two folders...
Should I be using these to patch 3.0.2-10, or independently?
Don't patch anything. Yoichi... I've told you how to do this so many times now haha.

You see the picture on the first post your sd card should look like that. Remove everything from your sd card, format it, extract the link I posted, copy all those files to the empty sd card. Goodluck!

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Don't patch anything. Yoichi... I've told you how to do this so many times now haha.

You see the picture on the first post your sd card should look like that. Remove everything from your sd card, format it, extract the link I posted, copy all those files to the empty sd card. Goodluck!
Alright, I figured it out.
I was using 7-Zip instead of the default extractor, so it didn't work.

EDIT: Nope, just taken to regular stage builder.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Alright, I figured it out.
I was using 7-Zip instead of the default extractor, so it didn't work.

EDIT: Nope, just taken to regular stage builder.
Did you sd card look like the picture? Are there any custom stages on your wii? They should be removed. If you wii soft freezes because of the stage builder not hooking unplug and try again. I've written all these things in the instructions in my first post. Are you reading them?

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Did you sd card look like the picture? Are there any custom stages on your wii? They should be removed. If you wii soft freezes because of the stage builder not hooking unplug and try again. I've written all these things in the instructions in my first post. Are you reading them?
My SD card looks like the picture, and there are no custom stages. It's not soft freezing, it's just going to the normal stage builder. It only worked for me before when I took the original Project M and merged it with your files.

Wargod691

Smash Rookie
If you could download his pack and test that for me it would save me some time! If it does happen to be a good model navigate to projectm/pf/fighter and copy the whole toon link folder to your desktop. Zip that file, upload it to media fired and share it with me :) Thanks.
Just had a look and it seems his Young Link also has the foot clipping. Didn't even notice it until i was looking for it. Heart broken. Maybe one day someone will find a way to fix it so you can add that costume to your pack, I'm sure ill be able to play as Young Link in PM one day haha.

Also thanks for releasing the new update early cant wait to try it out ^.^

Keep up the good work

adameppy

Smash Rookie
When I try to run it, the Gecko OS runs, but it just takes me back to the regular Brawl menu. I've checked all the things from the first post and am having trouble getting help.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site, and anyway, I tried to load up the mod on Dolphin (on Mac), and startup seemed to resemble a Gecko Loader. Whenever I tried to start the game, I got this message:

"This game requires IOS 36
This IOS not found on disc.
Press B to continue."

Can anyone help me?

EDIT: I just thought of something. What if I were to do the same method on a Brawl ISO? When I tried it with Project M iso, that happened.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site, and anyway, I tried to load up the mod on Dolphin (on Mac), and startup seemed to resemble a Gecko Loader. Whenever I tried to start the game, I got this message:

"This game requires IOS 36
This IOS not found on disc.
Press B to continue."

Can anyone help me?

EDIT: I just thought of something. What if I were to do the same method on a Brawl ISO? When I tried it with Project M iso, that happened.
You have to insert the sd in settings and set brawl as default ISO (right click it)

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
You have to insert the sd in settings and set brawl as default ISO (right click it)
That's what I'm doing. But this keeps happening (Also, it says I have IOS 9):

EDIT: It also occasionally says:

Warning

There must be a ticket for 0000001/00000002.
Your NAND dump is probably incomplete. (have no idea what that means...)

Last edited:

Bayeul

Smash Cadet
Do you Know if it is possible to have 2 or 3 stages on one slot as mushroomy kingdom...
Like stgcustom03_00.PAC, stgcustom03_01... Even if stages aren't based on mushroomy ???

Thanks

Hans Joshua Yabao

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm new to this forum and I recently downloaded your mod (the hackless version) and when I press start at the launch screen for project m, It resets and goes back to brawl instead. I dont know how to fix this.

Master Protocol

Smash Cadet
Patt is there any way to send me the PM: PE 3.0.2-10 codes list? I can't download the .gct to .txt converter, but I have codemanager. It would be awesome if you could send me all the codes you used for the previous version so I can add codes to it.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Patt is there any way to send me the PM: PE 3.0.2-10 codes list? I can't download the .gct to .txt converter, but I have codemanager. It would be awesome if you could send me all the codes you used for the previous version so I can add codes to it.
I based my build off of this CEP 6.0.2m
Then added cBliss using the cBliss tool
Then add the custom CSS with this download (merge the GCT's)
And this code normalizes the audio 041CA05C 388000XX (XX being the level of sound 92-95 is good)

I originally based my entire pack off of Theytahk's because his doesn't have that annoying sound glitch in dolphin for some reason. Then I added NFreak's because he had cBliss working. After the two together I made it my own with the custom css and such.

But the above downloads should work!

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I recently downloaded your mod (the hackless version) and when I press start at the launch screen for project m, It resets and goes back to brawl instead. I dont know how to fix this.
By launch screen you mean after going through stage builder correct?

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
That's what I'm doing. But this keeps happening (Also, it says I have IOS 9):

EDIT: It also occasionally says:

Warning

There must be a ticket for 0000001/00000002.
Your NAND dump is probably incomplete. (have no idea what that means...)
Download THIS file. Go to dolphin, tools, install wad. BAM :)

GAH DOUBLE POST!! SORRY!!

Last edited:

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Try changing the hook type to axnextframe. Also did you put the SD card in the right spot? Are you using my sd.raw? Did you eneable SD card from the config menu? You opened boot.elf from the menu correct?
Yeah, I did. But what's anextframe mean? xP

EDIT: I tried installing the WAD with Project M. I actually got to see the Patt Edition startup screen and hype intensifies. But after those parts, it crashes.

Last edited:

Bayeul

Smash Cadet
Do you Know if it is possible to have 2 or 3 stages on one slot as mushroomy kingdom...
Like stgcustom03_00.PAC, stgcustom03_01... Even if stages aren't based on mushroomy ???

Thanks

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect

Thanks
On my pack I believe mushroomy kingdom was moved to a custom slot so I don't know. Try asking in another thread.

Top Bottom