• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

EpicLolz53

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicLolz
3DS FC
3050-7860-8570
One more week guys!
Anyone want to do some matches? Maybe some with a few items?
EDIT Never mind, Wii froze on friends list...

Last edited:

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
GGs man your Falcon is insane! I had a lot of fun playing against you
GGs. I was asked to go shoot some hoops, otherwise I would've played more. Tip: mix up your Dash-Dances, you kinda did the same DD and then went in with a grab or approach. I wasn't really able to avoid it because I'm bad at those kind of things.

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
GG's! Your Fox was so fast!

Try to jump more when you are going to your opponent.

I saw you were learing from your mistakes with every match you played, that was awesome!
Thanks bro you too. My fox is still a work in progress, falco is still my main, but apparently he sucks bs link lol so I decided to give lil ol fox a try.

P.S that Up-B gets me all the time ;)

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
Dang, I got wrecked, I honestly hate playing over wifi. I respect that you have a good fox and still play him over wifi. tech skill isn't easy to do over wifi, at least for me
Usually what happens to me is that I hit lag right as I try to jump into an illusion so I miss the jump and SD trying to recover

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Nice games, Great connection too. It was a lotta fun getting crushed; you're probably the best person i've played. Any quick tips for me?
Thansk. Well, I wasn't playing much with an analytic mindset, but I'll try to remember the things I can:
  • I remember that you liked to crouch cancel down tilt a lot with Mario. Mario's down tilt can easily be crouch canceled by the opponent as well. A crouch cancel down smash is more threatening, though you don't always want to crouch cancel all the time because your opponent could adapt to that.
  • I don't think your edgeguarding was as good as it could be. Just go out there and try to hit me! You can get a lot of rewards by taking huge offstage risks. And if you die, so what? It's just a friendly. The point is to get the practice of offstage edgeguarding and there are no irl penalties if you fail.
  • Try to grab more. Mario has a lot of grab set ups with his pills, jabs, etc., and you can gain huge damage off of grabs with Mario. Practice combos out of grabs in training mode. Be creative. I think I went Mario a few times. Try to copy the stuff that I was doing.
  • Use more full hop pills. I think you were doing a lot of short hop pills. Mario has way more options out of a full hop pill than a short hop pill.
That's all I can think about for now. Oh, also next time, save your replays after every match so you can look back at them and analyze what you were doing wrong.

That is... until the 20th :troll:

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
[quote"JD_Pro, post: 16741970, member: 234988"]Added[/quote]
Sorry I'm late. I had to start something. are we still going? I understand if not.

Halkite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Halkite
3DS FC
0190-0628-9257
Just cant do this. The delay is too heavy.

Edit: Irony in this is that the connection was lost on my end.

Last edited:
Top Bottom