• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Dott

Smash Ace
@ TheKmanOfSmash TheKmanOfSmash well, i played better tham what i was expecting for, those were crazy matches!!! (Hope you didn't bored hahaha).

Any tips?
I already know i have to cover the edge, but i don't like to do that, i'll practice it anyways in case i have to use it.

Last edited:

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
@ TheKmanOfSmash TheKmanOfSmash well, i played better tham what i was expecting for, those were crazy matches!!! (Hope you didn't bored hahaha).

Any tips?
Yeah, they were pretty fun. ggs :3

And sure, I can give you some tips.

You spam Link's grab too much, which leaves you open for punishment. And when you do get the grab, your combos out of them are lacking. You don't really follow your up tilts with up air and continue juggling me for more damage. Like compare how I was playing Link to how you were and you may see some ideas you can practice in training mode and implement in game. Also, you should use your projectiles to control space better. I use my projectiles in a way that forces you to commit to bad options. Try to think of Link's projectile game in that way rather than just throwing things for the sake of throwing things.

Welp, that's all I got :D

Dott

Smash Ace
Yeah, they were pretty fun. ggs :3

And sure, I can give you some tips.

You spam Link's grab too much, which leaves you open for punishment. And when you do get the grab, your combos out of them are lacking. You don't really follow your up tilts with up air and continue juggling me for more damage. Like compare how I was playing Link to how you were and you may see some ideas you can practice in training mode and implement in game. Also, you should use your projectiles to control space better. I use my projectiles in a way that forces you to commit to bad options. Try to think of Link's projectile game in that way rather than just throwing things for the sake of throwing things.

Welp, that's all I got :D
I'm trying to not use projectiles too much (i know, it sounds ridiculous) because i want to adapt a playstyle that i can use in melee and Project M. I'm trying to go more fore the reads amd play smart... that incluides your combos, i'll practice them!!!

That means i'm good? :'D

Last edited:

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
I'm trying to not use projectiles too much (i know, it sounds ridiculous) because i want to adapt a playstyle that i can use in melee and Project M. I'm trying to go more fore the reads amd play smart... that incluides your combos, i'll practice them!!!

That means i'm good? :'D
lol Yeah, man. You're pretty good ^^

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Hey, guys. Here is some REALLY IMPORTANT TIME SENSITIVE INFORMATION. WATCH THIS VIDEO AND/OR READ BELOW! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJHZj5w83vg

It has to do with us being able to continue to play Wifi on custom servers after Nintendo Wifi shuts down but we HAVE TO ACT BEFORE THE 18th if you don't want to have to create a new FC and add all of your current friends again.

Just enter your friend code including the (-) between numbers and for GameID the code of the game which in this case would be RSB* for SSBB. You are going to want to enter a letter for the region you are playing from. For most of us that will be an "E" which is for the Americas. So in the GameID slot you would have RSBE. The link to the website is http://wiimmfi.profeibe.at/

There is a slight chance that, since it's a dedicated server, the lag might not be as bad. So hurry up and put your FCs in the database. We're trying to spread the word as much as possible.

We started a thread for it: http://smashboards.com/threads/mrbe...games-may-18th-deadline.355129/#post-16742603

The guy who put out the first instructional video will put out a video on how to connect to the servers once Nintendo's shut down. The link to the video will be posted in the above thread.

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
@ Mattchu Mattchu
So...I don't really think I should say GGs just because I was performing so poorly...sorry I couldn't give you better games man :/.

Any tips you can give me? Also, what's the best way to counter the lag when playing? That's what throws me off the most.

Last edited:

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
@ Mattchu Mattchu
So...I don't really think I should say GGs just because I was performing so poorly...sorry I couldn't give you better games man :/.

Any tips you can give me? Also, what's the best way to counter the lag when playing? That's what throws me off the most.
We didn't get to play much, but always mix up your techs and rolls they were too easy to read. Lag gets me too, I can't play in it. You just have to find the rhythm.

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
We didn't get to play much, but always mix up your techs and rolls they were too easy to read. Lag gets me too, I can't play in it. You just have to find the rhythm.
Thanks man. Hopefully we'll be able to play more games in the future!

Blakebtb23

Smash Apprentice
Thansk. Well, I wasn't playing much with an analytic mindset, but I'll try to remember the things I can:
  • I remember that you liked to crouch cancel down tilt a lot with Mario. Mario's down tilt can easily be crouch canceled by the opponent as well. A crouch cancel down smash is more threatening, though you don't always want to crouch cancel all the time because your opponent could adapt to that.
  • I don't think your edgeguarding was as good as it could be. Just go out there and try to hit me! You can get a lot of rewards by taking huge offstage risks. And if you die, so what? It's just a friendly. The point is to get the practice of offstage edgeguarding and there are no irl penalties if you fail.
  • Try to grab more. Mario has a lot of grab set ups with his pills, jabs, etc., and you can gain huge damage off of grabs with Mario. Practice combos out of grabs in training mode. Be creative. I think I went Mario a few times. Try to copy the stuff that I was doing.
  • Use more full hop pills. I think you were doing a lot of short hop pills. Mario has way more options out of a full hop pill than a short hop pill.
That's all I can think about for now. Oh, also next time, save your replays after every match so you can look back at them and analyze what you were doing wrong.

That is... until the 20th :troll:
Alright, thanks, this will help a lot. I actually played my brother after I played you and started to create a lot more grab set ups, and everything felt a lot smoother and much better than normal, and I won our money match.

Top Bottom